Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

I'm trying to think who some other "unlucky in love" celebrities are to do this show next year. I hope they don't go that route though.

Delta Goodrem? Not nearly as well liked as Sophie but could do with a career boost. She'd just choose another ratbag though even if - like Sophie - she said she wanted something else. Kylie? Way above this show. She would choose the Blake equivalent in a heartbeat though anyway.

Tully.

I'm trying to think who some other "unlucky in love" celebrities are to do this show next year. I hope they don't go that route though.
The ultimate unlucky in love celebrity and would be like the most major coup ever would be KYLIE MINOGUE. The theme song would be obvious. Her and Sophie are in completely different leagues though in term of success and notoriety and.....everything, really.

P.S. As the person who started this thread I wish to request this thread become a Tully Free Zone. :bored:

Last edited:
The ultimate unlucky in love celebrity and would be like the most major coup ever would be KYLIE MINOGUE. The theme song would be obvious. Her and Sophie are in completely different leagues though in term of success and notoriety and.....everything, really.

P.S. As the person who started this thread I wish to request this thread become a Tully Free Zone. :bored:

but it just makes so much sense. an inspiration!

it will be easy to stick with her unlucky in love narrative

Can you ever really be defined as "unlucky in love" when you have actively and consistently chosen inappropriate partners? It's not unlucky, it's more likely unintelligence or unintuitive or undeniably golddiggery .

Reactions: kxk
Can you ever really be defined as "unlucky in love" when you have actively and consistently chosen inappropriate partners? It's not unlucky, it's more likely unintelligence or unintuitive or undeniably golddiggery .
To me that is a phrase she has used to push the blame back solely on the guys rather than explore the reasons why she keeps chosing "bad boys" as she put it.

I found it interesting she said that James reminded her of somone she knew who was tidy and therefore decided it would not work, yet did not apply the same logic to Blake.

I sometimes wonder if she looked for a reason to get rid of James until she found a flimsy one because she didn't believe she is worthy of the happiness he could have provided.

Or maybe I am just amateur psychologying it lol.

well considering the show is designed for the bachelorette to choose her one true love then Sophie won't be able to use the unlucky excuse with Stu if they don't work out.

luck usually refers to factors beyond one's control. and like you said Sophie has chosen these bad partners so that phrase can not be applied to her.

To me that is a phrase she has used to push the blame back solely on the guys rather than explore the reasons why she keeps chosing "bad boys" as she put it.

I found it interesting she said that James reminded her of somone she knew who was tidy and therefore decided it would not work, yet did not apply the same logic to Blake.

I sometimes wonder if she looked for a reason to get rid of James until she found a flimsy one because she didn't believe she is worthy of the happiness he could have provided.

Or maybe I am just amateur psychologying it lol.

the words "bad boys" sound kind of sad coming from a late 30's Sophie Monk.

What a surprise. NOT.

I said from the start she only wanted extra publicity etc.

Sophie & Stu to be photographed kissing in the next week. Or going on radio to attack the radio hosts who even suggested this to be true.

stu to finally divorce his wife after sophie threatens to leave him. then stu proposes to sophie, they marry. then three months later stu and sophie divorce citing "irrecoverable differences". a lengthy divorce battle takes place. sophie making sure to change her outfit every day for the daily fail. and in the end sophie gets quite a substantial amount of money from the divorce.

later she speaks to all the trashy tabloid saying how heartbreaking her divorce from stu was but she had to do it so that she could find herself as a person. so that she could find out who sophie monk is.

three months after that she becomes a radio host in sydney.

Apollo is proving to be a good egg. Here, receiving a rose is Emme. He is raising money for Children's Tumour Foundation by participating in the Cupid's Undie Run.

Run Apollo run!

23161149_898741116942716_3819674884900913152_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sophie and Stu don’t look ‘in love’ for good reason
282869aee3989e9724a3276189d94280

Katy Hall
October 31, 2017 4:26pm
LIKE all good reality shows, this season of The Bachelorette has sparked many a conspiracy theory, namely that Sophie Monk and her chosen suitor, Stu Laundy are no longer together.

Rumours that Laundy had won and lost Monk’s heart first began weeks before the final outcome of the show was even known.

When the finale of the series aired on Thursday night we were delighted to learn that the first half of the rumour was true, Laundy had won “Our Sophie’s” heart.

Then, on Friday, as the newly public couple did the media interview rounds to celebrate their secret being out, many believed the second part of the rumour to also be as good as confirmed.

Their body language was not that of a new couple, people said. Why weren’t they all over one another like Matty J and Laura had been?

They appeared short with interviewers and closed off about certain questions, others pointed out. Georgia Love and her chosen suitor Lee hadn’t been like that.

2f06f06ee53fee4138e51be1b297976e

Laundy made an impression on Monk within minutes of joining the show. (Pic: Network TEN.)
Their first public Instagram posts were simply not to the same standard of others who had found love on the national television program, apparently. Couldn’t they have taken inspiration from Richie and Alex before selecting an image to articulate their love for one another?

Surely, if they were really as in love as they claimed to be, they’d be all over one another and singing their declarations of love to one another from the rooftops, wouldn’t they? Sam and Sasha did.

What most people buying into said rumours have overlooked is the fact that Sophie Monk and Stu Laundy were never going to be the same as other couples to have come out of the franchise no matter how much we wanted them to be, and for good reason.

At 37 and 44 respectively, Monk and Laundy are the oldest couple to have appeared on the show ever. They are not, as many previous winners have been, in their 20s and dreaming of finding ‘the one’, but rather two people who are older, wiser, and, with a marriage and two engagements between them collectively, more aware of the complexities of finding and holding onto love. This is not their first time at the ‘I’ve found my person’ rodeo. So they’re taking it slow and playing a conservative long game. Something Laundy’s ex-wife and four children are probably quite thankful for.

8ada5a69ef8cc52407219f6f8a39af04

Behold: a couple in love. (Pic: Network TEN.)
Throughout the series, Laundy made no secret of the fact that he was worried about embarrassing his children and ex-wife, who he claims to be on good terms with.

While on a date with Monk, he admitted that he would likely suffer jibes and jokes from those within his social circle for going on the show, but that he didn’t mind because he was committed to being with her. What he wasn’t willing to do, though, was humiliate his four daughters or his ex, something he frequently spoke about while on the show.

And with that alone in mind, shouldn’t we be cheering? Surely if Laundy and Monk had behaved the way people were expecting them to during their first days as a public couple, by taking to Instagram to write lengthy declarations about soulmates and best friends and having a renewed sense of purpose in life, wouldn’t we all be calling for his head on a spike in solidarity of ex-wives everywhere while crying, ‘won’t somebody think of the children?’

Laundy’s wife didn’t ask for him to go on television. Neither did his kids or their schoolmates. But by respecting that, he’s now facing questions over the validity of his relationship.

bfff7afb9b4a40eebdd298a910110f01

Can we just agree to believe what these people are saying? (Pic: Network TEN.)
Throughout the past week, a time that should be exhilarating for a new couple, Laundy’s wealth, relationship status, manhood and suitability as the man Monk chose have all been discussed at length with him present. That’s going to make for awkwardness.

When Kate Langbroek posted a photo of the couple to Instagram on Friday along with the caption, “she hates him”, people listened, not only because she has a huge social media following, but because she had spent time with them earlier that day interviewing them for her radio show.

But when all is said and done, money is not a comfortable thing to talk about, especially with people you’ve never met before. The intricacies of divorce proceedings don’t fit neatly into a prime television slot that lasts just four minutes. Being asked about the functionality of your reproductive organs multiple times in one day is going to make a person squirm, as will having people hypothesise whether or not you’re someone’s right decision. It’s not surprising that they weren’t reaching for one another’s hands or putting their arms around one another — they were in the firing line.

Monk went on television to find someone she loved and could see a future with. She says that person is Stu Laundy. And if one thing became abundantly clear during The Bachelorette, it’s that Sophie Monk has no filter. So if she says it’s Stu, it probably is.

In our hunt to confirm the unsubstantiated claims of a conspiracy theory, we ignored what the two people in the midst of it all were saying. And if Our Sophie says that Stu is the bloke for her, well then that’s good enough proof. Isn’t it?

@katyhallway

Back