Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

well it wasn't surprising she ended up going for the guy with the money.
I suspect most of them had a reasonable amount of money, with the exeption of Brett perhaps. Not moneybags but comfortable. But why are you so assuming she is so obsessed with picking money? A minor celeb is hardly going to try to pick a man in this manner if she is after a sugar daddy.

I suspect most of them had a reasonable amount of money, with the exeption of Brett perhaps. Not moneybags but comfortable. But why are you so assuming she is so obsessed with picking money? A minor celeb is hardly going to try to pick a man in this manner if she is after a sugar daddy.

Because she is celebrity who has a certain amount of income and she would be looking for someone similar like that. Plus i guess Stu living in the heart of the daily fail probably sealed the deal.

My partner was joking that this is an elaborate long con by Stu as revenge on Sophie for rejecting him hehe. I'm sure it's not true but kind of funny.

I am disappointed in Sophie but I wish her well. There is only so much we can get from an edited tv show. I never in a million years thought Cat and Lawson would last as they had zero chemistry, but here we are. I would have believed Drew and Tully were long lasting though.

(Sorry, I missed all the initial finale discussion so am way behind no doubt)

There is a quote by Jung that I quite like.

"Until you make the unconscious conscious it will direct your life and you will call it fate"

Does that not apply here? I still like Sophie but now I question her 'unlucky in love' narrative after she kind of went against everything she said she was at the outset.

Nonetheless, I do hope Stu can give her what she wants.

There is a quote by Jung that I quite like.

"Until you make the unconscious conscious it will direct your life and you will call it fate"

Does that not apply here? I still like Sophie but now I question her 'unlucky in love' narrative after she kind of went against everything she said she was at the outset.

Nonetheless, I do hope Stu can give her what she wants.
the handy thing about her decision is that if it doesn't work out (though I hope it does) it will be easy to stick with her unlucky in love narrative because she can easily blame it on the Stu's past baggage and vasectomy.

the handy thing about her decision is that if it doesn't work out (though I hope it does) it will be easy to stick with her unlucky in love narrative because she can easily blame it on the Stu's past baggage and vasectomy.

Yeah exactly. That has been true of some of the past winners, both Sam Wood and Richie chose a single mum from the other side of the country, but even one of those couples still managed to last.

So Sophie is lucky really as she has a good exit clause already, she is generally well liked so will still be seen favourably, but everyone will know that this probably reflects on her choosing the wrong man yet again.

I'm trying to think who some other "unlucky in love" celebrities are to do this show next year. I hope they don't go that route though.

Delta Goodrem? Not nearly as well liked as Sophie but could do with a career boost. She'd just choose another ratbag though even if - like Sophie - she said she wanted something else. Kylie? Way above this show. She would choose the Blake equivalent in a heartbeat though anyway.

Back