Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

Apparently The Project is being slammed on social media by all the holier-than-thou keyboard warriors that think the panel were disrespectful to Sophie and Stu. Ha!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...w/news-story/4ce7f0f5c2b01c0e33029289dd0b612c

The irony. Because meanwhile, no mention of the disrespect Stu is showing his still-wife by parading this relationship on TV. The panel got it absolutely right by highlighting he is still married. To pretend that's not the case would be validating it. Stu was treated as a bit of a joke, because he kind of is. To many he simply looks like a typical no-moral mid-life crisis personified.

I thought Sophie and Stu looked very intimate in the finale episode, but on The Project they didn't seem very affectionate, I don't mean they have to be all over each other, but I expected more sweetness and warmth and coziness in the overall vibe. I can't remember what it was like with other couples in the past though. Hopefully it's just awkwardness of being out in the public eye for the first time.

I also feel sorry for Jarrod... sure he was a bit excessive, but I mean, Stu was the one who got rejected in real life and didn't take no for an answer and went on a show to continue the chase, yet Jarrod ends up being labelled the clinger... if the results were reversed I can totally imagine how the edit could easily have gone the other way.

Honestly the whole debacle I blame on casting/producers... they really threw Sophie under the bus with this one. They could have gone with more potentially genuine matches and fewer odd/controversial/villain/fame-chasing characters but no... I hope despite all this, Stu is the right one!

Yes, if they had a connection I don't think she would have cared if he was wealthy or not.
If Stu was a motor mechanic living in the suburbs married or not, he would not even have made in onto the show, let alone Sophie choose him. Money talks in this instance.

Her claim to not being able to meet your average guy was a ruse to justify being on the show. Just more obvious now that she chose someone she had already met in her "famous life".

If Stu was a motor mechanic living in the suburbs married or not, he would not even have made in onto the show, let alone Sophie choose him. Money talks in this instance.

Her claim to not being able to meet your average guy was a ruse to justify being on the show. Just more obvious now that she chose someone she had already met in her "famous life".

Yep, agree with that too. That person certainly would not have won. But I do think in theory Sophie is capable of falling for that person, it would just have to happen in real life. I'm still giving her the benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are over by how they were on The Project last night. If not over, then close to it.

Some people just go into it to boost their fame.

If it is already over, I wonder how long before they are allowed to reveal it.
The gossip magazines probably have a few "romantic" features in preparation, so they'll need a few weeks before they can run their "It's all over!" stories.

I don't blame Sophie for any of it though, she made the best of what they set up for her (though she could have chosen James!)

I thought Sophie and Stu looked very intimate in the finale episode, but on The Project they didn't seem very affectionate, I don't mean they have to be all over each other, but I expected more sweetness and warmth and coziness in the overall vibe. I can't remember what it was like with other couples in the past though. Hopefully it's just awkwardness of being out in the public eye for the first time.

I also feel sorry for Jarrod... sure he was a bit excessive, but I mean, Stu was the one who got rejected in real life and didn't take no for an answer and went on a show to continue the chase, yet Jarrod ends up being labelled the clinger... if the results were reversed I can totally imagine how the edit could easily have gone the other way.

Honestly the whole debacle I blame on casting/producers... they really threw Sophie under the bus with this one. They could have gone with more potentially genuine matches and fewer odd/controversial/villain/fame-chasing characters but no... I hope despite all this, Stu is the right one!

Here are the project interviews for the last two winners on the bacherlorette.

If it is already over, I wonder how long before they are allowed to reveal it.
The gossip magazines probably have a few "romantic" features in preparation, so they'll need a few weeks before they can run their "It's all over!" stories.

I don't blame Sophie for any of it though, she made the best of what they set up for her (though she could have chosen James!)

Stuart or Sophie to post a passive aggressive out of context quote on their social media page.

Apparently Stu has in the past been linked to Stephanie Rice, Sophie Falkiner and Laura Csortan, so either he just happens to fall for famous (*cough*) women, or there's a lot of social climbing going on.

if you pause it at the exact moment you can see the dollar signs in her eyes.

I did & here is the result.

are-your-eyes-bigger-than-your-budget-3-tips-to-rein-in-your-startup-costs.jpg

The show stuffed up, by having quite younger guys & not having them all come from money.

I agree. They have practically had no alone time together post show. Also they have both said they have trouble showing emotion so they are hardly going to be all over each other at this point.

But they can have alone time, celebs have a habit of hiding from the media.

They can get friends to pick them up & the celeb is hiding on the back seat etc. When out of the way of the 'paparazzi' they can climb into the front seat.

FFS: Sophie told the 'world' that she was going to Thailand so she wouldn't spoil who won. (That to me is she wanted the media attention, which she got)

Sophie is the type of celeb that would tip off the media on her whereabouts. And then fake she was shocked that were there.

I feel sorry for all the others vying for her 'affection' as they didn't stand a chance.

IMO: She pretends to be down to earth, but she craves the limelight.

We saw her true colours on Celebrity Apprentice, when she was a total bitch.

Here are the project interviews for the last two winners on the bacherlorette.

huge difference isnt there - people can say that Stu isnt used to media attention but this is his 2nd reality tv show ... and he. chased this opportunity... and Sash and Lee handled themselves just fine
the happy couples can barely contain their excitement at being together ... little touches, eye contact ... big smiles

Back