Skip to main content

THE AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA 2021

So that was kind of a mess! The editing was messy and hard to follow and we had way too many instances of not seeing teams complete tasks, the tasks themselves were lame, the locations felt uninspired, and a 30min penalty for not completing a task isn't nearly harsh enough (although apparently they were timed out and didn't quit, so I'm slightly more forgiving.) Not to mention all the twists that have been revealed in the preshow press, this is barely going to be a TAR season with how absurd it's about to become.

That being said, I think the cast actually has potential so we'll see how long I stick around. Three episodes a week (not to mention all on consecutive days!) that are all 90 minutes is overkill but that's Australia for you.

...the locations felt uninspired...
It was literally the first episode.

Not to mention all the twists that have been revealed in the preshow press, this is barely going to be a TAR season with how absurd it's about to become.
While I don’t disagree entirely with some of your post, to be fair this was filmed during a pandemic. That in itself should be remembered - and commended.

Clearly there are going to be limitations and restrictions with what they can and can’t achieve. They had to adapt, and I think they did quite well doing so. It goes without saying this will obviously be a TAR unlike any other. The US version can’t even film a new season for a long, long time. So ours shouldn’t be criticised for at least trying.

This looks very complicated and physical
Don’t think first few days need to be too rough, just keep them moving whilst we learn who to barrack for
And build into more intense....this is difficult

And I am mainly watching because I want to see where they go in oz, travel show

Never thought of anything as sensible as that! Jas and Anu it is! 😁
I didn't mean that to be disrespectful to them, unfortunately I was just being honest.
Also, forgot their names are repeatedly put up at the bottom.
And that blonde girl ( who I don't know her name) just called them the sikhs!
And yay, Jas and Anu are first in. Go guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: kxk
I think Jas and Anu was better than deciding on the last part of their names, Rat and Rag!
Goodnight 💤

Well that was disappointing that the two brothers (or were they mates?) left the game like that. They were in the strong half of that lineup and had great potential to be viable opponents to the Sikhs.

Liking the dynamics this season where there is not overly excessive alliance making. US amazing race had an alliance of five of the top teams & they all made it to the top 5. Not so fun.

Enjoyed seeing beach on the gold coast where we were in June 2020, actually I saw red boats in the exact same area of filming abd got so intrigued I checked out filming dates. Didn’t match but it’s very possible they were doing early test runs, or those buoys are used for lifeguard training or something.

Sikhs playing a great game and it’s hard to see them not winning unless they get into some bad luck.

Btw I watched Holy Moly and was amazed how good it was. A shame it’s up against that. Lots of celebs, music and the courses and lighting et al are top notch,

Well that was disappointing that the two brothers (or were they mates?) left the game like that. They were in the strong half of that lineup and had great potential to be viable opponents to the Sikhs.

Liking the dynamics this season where there is not overly excessive alliance making. US amazing race had an alliance of five of the top teams & they all made it to the top 5. Not so fun.

Enjoyed seeing beach on the gold coast where we were in June 2020, actually I saw red boats in the exact same area of filming abd got so intrigued I checked out filming dates. Didn’t match but it’s very possible they were doing early test runs, or those buoys are used for lifeguard training or something.

Sikhs playing a great game and it’s hard to see them not winning unless they get into some bad luck.

Btw I watched Holy Moly and was amazed how good it was. A shame it’s up against that. Lots of celebs, music and the courses and lighting et al are top notch,

Yeah filming didn't start until October.

While I don’t disagree entirely with some of your post, to be fair this was filmed during a pandemic. That in itself should be remembered - and commended.

Clearly there are going to be limitations and restrictions with what they can and can’t achieve. They had to adapt, and I think they did quite well doing so. It goes without saying this will obviously be a TAR unlike any other. The US version can’t even film a new season for a long, long time. So ours shouldn’t be criticised for at least trying.

I think a pandemic can certainly be used to explain the route staying within Australia (although if we really are getting 24 legs as believed, that's overkill and unnecessary. However, I don't think a pandemic can be used to explain the absurd Salvage and Sabotage twist, where you can somehow get rewarded for coming in one of the last two spots, not to mention the punishments of "you can't talk for an entire leg" and the eventual "you will be blindfolded for the entire leg."

And don't even get me started on the T-Junction... like this show is just barely a season of TAR with these absurd twists they're gonna throw at us.

So that was kind of a mess! The editing was messy and hard to follow and we had way too many instances of not seeing teams complete tasks, the tasks themselves were lame, the locations felt uninspired, and a 30min penalty for not completing a task isn't nearly harsh enough (although apparently they were timed out and didn't quit, so I'm slightly more forgiving.) Not to mention all the twists that have been revealed in the preshow press, this is barely going to be a TAR season with how absurd it's about to become.

That being said, I think the cast actually has potential so we'll see how long I stick around. Three episodes a week (not to mention all on consecutive days!) that are all 90 minutes is overkill but that's Australia for you.
I had the absolute pleasure of spending a week at Newell Beach and Mossman a few years ago. It's an amazing place and gateway to many TNQ attractions...so I don't agree that the location was uninspired. And I highly recommend the prawns at the Mossman pub.

I'm enjoying the show atm but I have to agree that 60 mins per episode would suffice.

I hope that Dolor character sticks around because of how delusional he is. Bit weird seeing Good Coast being described as an adrenaline capital of the world. Unless of course they were referring to boxing day sales at Pacific fair.

I hope that Dolor character sticks around because of how delusional he is. Bit weird seeing Good Coast being described as an adrenaline capital of the world. Unless of course they were referring to boxing day sales at Pacific fair.
It's the amount of meth being sold on the streets there.

To be fair, I didn't even know there was an episode on last night until February was talking about the next episode, then it sunk in. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention. Last season it was a weekly episode if I remember correctly. Let's see how numbers shake up next Monday.

Okay, I'm here watching, but for an hour, and will do the next hour tomorrow.
I must admit, I'm liking this being all Australian 😊
This loo run is quite amusing!

Last edited:
Back