Skip to main content

THE AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA 2021

I have to admit, I lose interest in this show when it gets too long.
I usually end up doing other things on my phone/ipad and just have it on in the background.
It's got great casting, love seeing parts of our beautiful country we wouldn't normally see, but I'm having trouble staying connected to it!
That's what I've been doing as it hasn't attracted many people to chat to here while it's on.
Last week I spent the whole show changing the background colour of my notes on my phone before realising I hadn't watched it at all! Just listened, and looked up now and again.

Dolor and Holly are the only ones that I want to see go ASAP.
My partner hates Dolor haha. I value him on the show for comedy value. Making such an arse of himself.

Last episode was actually pretty good, I loved seeing parts of this country that one might not otherwise. And appreciate the spiritual side of it too.

Nice challenge for the Sikhs as well, putting them in the last spot. A real test of mettle.

Enjoying this cast more than last years one. No excessive alliances like the US one, is nice too.

The other thing that really gave me the shits was the salvage / sabotage passes.
Why would one of the teams in the bottom 2 be given an advantage to skip the queue in the next leg? What are they being rewarded for? Shitness? It actually really irritated me!

And whilst I'm whinging, I get annoyed how Beau says 'You're the XXth team to arrive'. I much prefer how Phil in the US version says, 'You are team number XX'. Much more suspenseful.

Aaaaanyway, my rant is over haha.

I'm loving the background and history to some of these places. I've not heard of Palm Island before.

I know about Palm Island because you can catch a ferry there from the same terminal as you catch a ferry to Magnetic island. I've been to Maggie Is several times but never Palm Island but agree that it does look interesting. My daughter-in- law's mother is teaching there atm...perhaps I should visit her?

Palm island is very famous, what did TAR tell you about the history?
Did they tell you why it became notorious in 2004
For beating an indigenous man to death

You guys may be too young ?

After post mortom found he died 1 hour after being arrested , for minor offence
He died from internal injuries from police beating him
So then the islanders rioted, cops behaved very badly...racist
so bad islanders were in 2018 awarded 30 million
In compensation and damages...did they talk about this?

Magnetic island tonight, I will be watching to see if my cousins pops up
Local doctor Angie is my cousin
Shame re last elimination, loved those girls

Haven’t watched a lot, just first episodes, and bits here and there
Nice to see Deadlies back

Mag island looks lovely, have to visit my cousins up there
I haven't been there either.
I've been to Hayman and Port Douglas, and Palm Cove, which I love, still more places to visit.

Reactions: kxk
It always amazes me how neat Shieks turbans are. I mean do they ever get them knotted up? They are so smart.

Last edited:
Palm island is very famous, what did TAR tell you about the history?
Did they tell you why it became notorious in 2004
For beating an indigenous man to death

You guys may be too young ?

After post mortom found he died 1 hour after being arrested , for minor offence
He died from internal injuries from police beating him
So then the islanders rioted, cops behaved very badly...racist
so bad islanders were in 2018 awarded 30 million
In compensation and damages...did they talk about this?

Magnetic island tonight, I will be watching to see if my cousins pops up
Local doctor Angie is my cousin
Shame re last elimination, loved those girls

Haven’t watched a lot, just first episodes, and bits here and there
Nice to see Deadlies back
No TAR didn't mention the island's history but I was aware of it. My best friend lives in Townsville and filled me in on what had occurred there on my first visit in 2008.

Last edited:
Reactions: kxk
Mag island looks lovely, have to visit my cousins up there

I haven't been there either.
I've been to Hayman and Port Douglas, and Palm Cove, which I love, still more places to visit.
I LOVE Maggie Is...it's one of my favourite places in Queensland...along with the beautiful Fraser Island. I prefer more unspoiled locations which still include creature comforts. Maggie Is is over 75% national park but boasts some great restaurants and accommodation suitable for all budgets and in quaint villages...and the little beaches are gorgeous. And it only takes about 10 minutes to get from one end to the other. It's a lovely place.

Haha...I sound like a travel brochure!

I laughed at Dolor and the hire car. A similar thing happened to me on my first visit...I hired a car (an OLD Mini Moke because my 16 yo son REFUSED to be seen dead in one of those 'topless things') and I proceeded to bunny hop out of the hire place. My son told me to pull over immediately and from then on I had a chauffeur!

Well there were a lot of ads in that episode! I felt like I was constantly hitting the fast forward button. How long was the episode itself, like 20 minutes ? That cube show looks pretty crappy. Can't wait to see the hype turn into what appears will be poor ratings.

Bewildering how anyone goes on these physical challenging rtv contests, and
THEY CANT SWIM!,,,

Back