Skip to main content

TBL Families

The final results were disappointing, because the amazing weight loss tranformations we've seen on previous seasons didn't really happen this time. Yes, Johnee and Cliff lost a lot, but they were also two of the heaviest contestants ever, and their final results still left them overweight and with a long way to go. Mel, Jodie and Ali only looked good in comparison to how big they were before. Moses and Kayla look fantastic now, but really weren't that big to start with. Likewise Tony and Daniel, who probably weren't really overweight enough to get on the show at all, and had a higher level of fitness and so adapted to the training better than anyone else.

I have now watched 10 series of this show. I have watched almost 200 contestants weigh in at finale and show their transformations. And never have I ever watched a finale so boring, dull and underwhelming. The transformations where hardly anything to wow about. The Jofres where the only ones to lose more then 30% of their weight. And no one lost over 40%. Cliff, Terry, Sylvia, Tony, Jodie, Moses and Johnee all looked the same at finale from when they where eliminated all the rest looked okay nothing special. The only one who looked great was Kayla. And yet their weigh in results where horrible. This series was 2 weeks longer then the last and it seems only one family actually benefited from that. Very disappointing finale. Very very disappointing. I also have yet to see the ratings for last nights finale however the series so far has averaged at around 630,000 viewers per night. I'm hopping it rated over 1 million if not 850,000-900,000. If not this is indeed the last series of the biggest loser. If it does come back I want to too see major difference. Overall I give this season a 5/10. Only because they changed the host and the house and made it 12 weeks long. Everything else disappointed me.

OzTAM was having telecommunications issues today so overnight data for 8 Dec and Consolidated Data for 1 Dec weren't released today.

That data will come out tomorrow.

However here are the preliminary ratings from Ten:

Please note, these program audience numbers are subject to change when the finalised data is available.

• TBL Families – The Winner Announced: 1.07 million capital city viewers. Up 12% on 2014 The Winner Announced.

• TBL Families – Finale Night: 938,000 capital city viewers. Up 25% on 2014 Finale Night.

Source: Mediaspy.org/forum

So you think 50+ kg in the space of probably less than 6 months isn't impressive enough? You mean it wasn't as entertaining for the viewing audience?

Sorry I can't agree with you this time.. Back in the real world for them those who still have a lot to go are MUCH better off losing approx 1 per week and won't have so much loose skin and a LOT fewer injuries because of it.

I know some previously have pretty much starved themselves until finale then gone and put back on 10-15kg almost straight away.

I was so impressed with the Pestell girls simply because I didn't at one point think they'd do anything once they got outside but both have lost a really significant amount. Enough so that they can continue on and lose the rest slowly.

Not disappointing for ANY of them.

So you think 50+ kg in the space of probably less than 6 months isn't impressive enough? You mean it wasn't as entertaining for the viewing audience?

Sorry I can't agree with you this time.. Back in the real world for them those who still have a lot to go are MUCH better off losing approx 1 per week and won't have so much loose skin and a LOT fewer injuries because of it.

I know some previously have pretty much starved themselves until finale then gone and put back on 10-15kg almost straight away.

I was so impressed with the Pestell girls simply because I didn't at one point think they'd do anything once they got outside but both have lost a really significant amount. Enough so that they can continue on and lose the rest slowly.

Of course. I agree with everything you said. As someone who constantly works on both my diet and fitness I understand the real life implications. My comments were 100% in relation to a television show that promotes extreme weight loss in a short period of time, and presents that as entertainment.

So glad to see the back of the Joffres. Having said that, what a nice memory for the brothers being in the final together.

Rob's wedding was kinda weird. Imagine getting married and your wedding isn't the main event. And would Rob's wife's family have been there, or would they have to watch her wedding on TV like the rest of us? I hope it was fake.

The Jofre boys did fantastic I did not expect anything more from them. However the rest of them disappointed me. Its pretty obvious tht in past series the weeks wernt real weeks. However I'm assuming these days It pretty much is a week. That's what disappointed me. I want to see WOW transformations. Its not that they didn't work hard enough for their results, kudos to all of them. Its just that they had less time to lose the weigh compared to past seires. I guess that's more CH10's fault. I would have liked to have seen bigger and more amazing transformations. Im hoppingnext year they do.

OzTAM was having telecommunications issues today so overnight data for 8 Dec and Consolidated Data for 1 Dec weren't released today.

That data will come out tomorrow.

However here are the preliminary ratings from Ten:

Please note, these program audience numbers are subject to change when the finalised data is available.

• TBL Families – The Winner Announced: 1.07 million capital city viewers. Up 12% on 2014 The Winner Announced.

• TBL Families – Finale Night: 938,000 capital city viewers. Up 25% on 2014 Finale Night.

Source: Mediaspy.org/forum

WOW they are fantatic results. With timeshifted viewers the total average for this series should stand at around 650K. Well done to channel ten. although this wasn't my faveourite series It was a lot better then the last one. However changes still need to be made. These ratings vigures give me a lot more hope that the show could be revived next year. By prediction is that TBL: Couples! will come to our screens in 2016

WOW they are fantatic results. With timeshifted viewers the total average for this series should stand at around 650K. Well done to channel ten. although this wasn't my faveourite series It was a lot better then the last one. However changes still need to be made. These ratings vigures give me a lot more hope that the show could be revived next year. By prediction is that TBL: Couples! will come to our screens in 2016

The final ratings ended up being a little lower, the finale got 911k overall with 1.034m for the Winner announcement.

I turned off before the winner was announced. They won everything, got a free cringworthy wedding and free honeymoon. I hate people getting married on tv for ratings. This season was so predictable and boring and watch his PT business take off because he was on tv, while other PT's work their arses off to make a decent living. I would never trust a PT who let themselves go so much and go against everything he would have been taught.
On a good note, most of the contestants looked fabulous and I hope they keep up the steady weight loss and dont give up. Kayla... wow!!!

I found this season exhausting. I am glad it is over. I really wanted to love it, but I found myself searching for a favourite. After the blue family left I really didn't like any of the other contestants. Kayla was lovely, but she left very early. Reality shows need to have loveable characters as well as characters you can relate too, but for me this was lacking this season.

Tony was extremely annoying, but Johnee really took the cake for being the most annoying contestant. The black team had the chance to take the red team out and stupidly didn't. They could of won, not that I wanted them too. Just an exhausting series really. I was overall disappointed.

I found this season exhausting. I am glad it is over. I really wanted to love it, but I found myself searching for a favourite. After the blue family left I really didn't like any of the other contestants. Kayla was lovely, but she left very early. Reality shows need to have loveable characters as well as characters you can relate too, but for me this was lacking this season.

Tony was extremely annoying, but Johnee really took the cake for being the most annoying contestant. The black team had the chance to take the red team out and stupidly didn't. They could of won, not that I wanted them too. Just an exhausting series really. I was overall disappointed.
It was and I heard collective groans from everywhere when no-one capitalised on taking a red team person out of the game.

Back