Skip to main content

TBL Families

Zcsund1234

Well with Big Brother officially not returning this year we still have one more major reality show waiting to premier. The biggest loser. After the realisation last year that big brother may not be returning this year I began watching shows on CH10. I watched I'm a celebrity and convinced my family to ditch the block to watch it with me. I watched Masterchef and of course with my cousin being on it the rest of the family flicked it in now and then. In my family we have also enjoyed watching shows like the project and family feud. We all look forward to watching Gretel every week. Me and my mother have have also been watching the bachelor. But my former fave reality show is about to return. Before BB came back in 2012 I was heavily addicted to watching the biggest loser. I was so dissapointed with the last two series. However I'm glad that this years series is undergoing a revamp. I also really loved the families edition in 2011. Im Hopping this year it's on more then three Times a week. I also hope that we see more amazing transformations then we have in the last two pathetic series. I'm so excited and so glad Tiffany is back. Will anybody else be turning on ten for the biggest loser?

Used to watch it years ago, but got bored with it. Still I wonder what percentage of contestants that have gone on those types of shows have stayed thin after the cameras have stopped rolling and not reverted back to their old habits? Because I imagine it would be tough.

Used to watch it years ago, but got bored with it. Still I wonder what percentage of contestants that have gone on those types of shows have stayed thin after the cameras have stopped rolling and not reverted back to their old habits? Because I imagine it would be tough.

It's been said that around 75% of the contestants have put back in weight. I think I heard is either in an episode that aired lately or in a magazine. But it's deffintly a pretty high percentage.

Fiona Faulkner from the first season is on it this season in some capacity. She looks sensational.

I agree. I hate when people crap on about the shows unhealthy ways. It makes good TV IMO and I'm leaving it at that.
Thank you!

You know what makes bad TV? People losing weight at a rate of 1kg to 500grams a week... You know the right way to lose weight...Boring!!!
Give me a fatty boomba dropping 10kgs in a week any day over that healthy real life way of doing things, this is reality TV... Let's do as all good RTV shows do and leave the reality at the door.

I was obsessed with this show circa 2009, my housemates and I were hooked. I do still like it, but probably more of a casual viewer. It's not realistic or advisable to renovate an entire room in just one week but people do that on the block, it's reality TV. These are all obese people so it's not like the alternative is exactly healthy.

It does annoy me how it's focussed a bit more on training than on nutrition. The former is important of course, but it all comes down to eating. When they get those morbidly obese people on the show they shouldn't be exercising at all, the strain in their cardiovascular system as well as on their knees etc is too risky. People like that could half their food calorie intake and still drop weight (and probably still be eating too much).

It was so boring last year and this was refkected in the ratings, I think they will probably do well this year with the refurb.

I was obsessed with this show circa 2009, my housemates and I were hooked. I do still like it, but probably more of a casual viewer. It's not realistic or advisable to renovate an entire room in just one week but people do that on the block, it's reality TV. These are all obese people so it's not like the alternative is exactly healthy.

It does annoy me how it's focussed a bit more on training than on nutrition. The former is important of course, but it all comes down to eating. When they get those morbidly obese people on the show they shouldn't be exercising at all, the strain in their cardiovascular system as well as on their knees etc is too risky. People like that could half their food calorie intake and still drop weight (and probably still be eating too much).

It was so boring last year and this was refkected in the ratings, I think they will probably do well this year with the refurb.

Yes, overcoming the mental battle in regards to eating can be tricky. Especially if they are having a bad day or are feeling down and eating some junk makes them feel better.....for the moment.

Thank you!

You know what makes bad TV? People losing weight at a rate of 1kg to 500grams a week... You know the right way to lose weight...Boring!!!
Give me a fatty boomba dropping 10kgs in a week any day over that healthy real life way of doing things, this is reality TV... Let's do as all good RTV shows do and leave the reality at the door.

You've got it 100% right my friend. I'm not interested in hearing from anyone that it's unhealthy and shit and blah blah blah. Last two years have been people losing really small numbers. In 2013 nobody cracked 40% and last years people where losing ridiculously low numbers weekly compared to previous series. It's been ages since I've seen a contestant really transform. I love when they lose huge numbers like 4 and 5kg. Also it's been too short. 10 weeks is shit. 2012 went for 15 and then suddenly the next two where only 10. And three episode a a week isn't enough. We need at least 5. We need weigh in and elimination, temptation, the contest, the walk and the challenge. I really hope the contest comes back and I loved the drama the walk caused. I'm also really glad that the host is a past contestant. Fiona will be fantastic as she understands completely what they are going through. I'm so pumped and can't wait. I'm pretty confident that they have deffintly changed it up this year I know it.

Probably because the "weeks" aren't actually 3-4 weeks long anymore.

Back