Skip to main content

Talk to Timdormer (yes it's really me)

You have always said you took Jade to the Presidential Suite to get him to make his move. Was this really the reason? When watching the impression I got was it was a way to show her how a "Prince Charming" should be treating her. ( for eg when Tahan and Ed went to the pres suite, Ed took the bed and Tahan the couch)

you're kidding he made tahan sleep on the couch!!! Hahaha i did not know this. see jerk. haha. I did it for a few reasons, firstly I did have feelings for jade (but i fall in love with anything, daily), secondly I wanted to annoy ed and stir the pot a bit with him...I knew he didn't want to be with jade, but his competitive nature could not handle me making moves on his girl. it was basic biology animal behaviour, the big macho ape trying to beat his chest and prove he was the fittest to the females. i knew by forcing him to make moves on a girl he didn't actually have genuine feeling for, it would be him digging his grave even deeper.
a lot of my game play had roots in study of animal behaviour as i was studying at uni while i watched the 2012 series. i would love to share more about it, but you would probably find all the science boring! keystone species was another concept I used a lot, "a species that has a disproportionately large effect on its environment relative to its abundance"...i was that species.

Something I don't think has been asked about is religion. What were your religious beliefs growing up and where do you stand with religion today?

Do you think Drew's relationship with Drew helped or hindered his chances of winning the whole thing?

Also did any of the housemates say anything controversial (perhaps something homophobic, racist, etc) that the producers edited out in order to keep the housemates likeable?

I'd also like to say your deliberate, semi-tactical, semi-mental playing style was fun to watch and made the season really.

Also thank you so very much for beating Ed.

my pleasure beating ed! never have i been so proud but that moment when i said "i am not threatened by you ed" after his usual attempts of intimidation. there are sooooo many eds in high school, and i wish i had the guts to say that to them back then.

i can't think of many times there were discriminatory remarks said. yes there was the odd comment and big brother usually quickly reprimanded housemates. the housemate guidelines are very strict on this, and rightly so. i don't want to go into detail, because people say things in the heat of the moment or under the influence of alcohol and i don't think people should be judged and dragged over coals now.

Um, so Alex reads this forum?

tumblr_n0wxtuA8MK1rkk59qo1_400.gif

you're kidding he made tahan sleep on the couch!!! Hahaha i did not know this. see jerk. haha. I did it for a few reasons, firstly I did have feelings for jade (but i fall in love with anything, daily), secondly I wanted to annoy ed and stir the pot a bit with him...I knew he didn't want to be with jade, but his competitive nature could not handle me making moves on his girl. it was basic biology animal behaviour, the big macho ape trying to beat his chest and prove he was the fittest to the females. i knew by forcing him to make moves on a girl he didn't actually have genuine feeling for, it would be him digging his grave even deeper.
a lot of my game play had roots in study of animal behaviour as i was studying at uni while i watched the 2012 series. i would love to share more about it, but you would probably find all the science boring! keystone species was another concept I used a lot, "a species that has a disproportionately large effect on its environment relative to its abundance"...i was that species.
No please, science isn't boring.

Near the end of the show Jade was the only 'ally' Ed had left so I kinda disagree that you trying to woo his girl was his main motivation in finally getting close to her. Poor Ed was all there by his lonesome when you systematically eliminated all his meathead buddies. Beggars can't be choosers as they say. lol

@Timdormer you've ignored all my questions so far so here's hoping you'll answer this one. If you hadn't won Big Brother who would you have preferred to have taken the winner's title last year. And don't go for the safe reply of the nominating the actual runner up but someone YOU genuinely believed was the 2nd most entertaining housemate (behind you of course) and therefore worthy of the title. :)

Something I don't think has been asked about is religion. What were your religious beliefs growing up and where do you stand with religion today?

great question. actually, maybe not. some people can't seem to handle talking about religion so I'm sure i will get a whole lot of "i used to like you" comments after this. ahhaa. can i just say i think its very hypocritical that these days its standard that everyone is expected to be open and accepting of everything BUT religion. why is that?

i love god. i don't think he wrote the bible so i don't follow it as absolute truth. i believe in the laws of science, but i don't believe this undermines the sovereignty and awesomeness that is god. i love what jesus stood for, acceptance, giving, loving the unloveable, caring for the world...but i don't know if he was a real person who died and was resurrected, i dont think that part of the story matters. i don't believe in hell and i don't believe in satan. i think heaven and hell are present realities that we choose to create around us each day. that is why i try to choose life in my world.

Timmy! Very random question that I asked earlier but it was a while ago haha, did you guys ever hear the crew or the cameras? I can't imagine those walls being very sound proof.
haha yes!! sometimes we would hear a cough or a laugh, or a bang...to which i'd say to big brother, 'jeez are we that boring, your cameramen are falling asleep!" haha. in the backyard when the sun was shining on the glass you could sometimes clearly see the cameramen too, but they were usually behind black curtains to be sure. there was nothing more frightening then seeing a face behind the glass. one day i was showering and i SWORE i saw ben behind the glass watching me shower! turns out it was him the little pervert!

Omg I made it this time! Tim you were the first housemate that made me get off my butt and vote, I loved you!

Ok my question. Somewhere in the thread you said towards the end Boog was driving you nuts (or something, can't really remember :p). Do you think if Boog had been in from the beginning you would have come apart and lost the game?

Arrrrgh it's so cool you're here, you were seriously awesome!

i often wonder if boog had been in there since the beginning would she have won. i don't think so. she was a one trick pony and actually not a very nice person. she said some really hurtful things to me which are just a no go. i hope australia would have come to see that i really try to never attack someone personally but just stir in the name of harmless fun. i think boog had a different idea of humour.

haha yes!! sometimes we would hear a cough or a laugh, or a bang...to which i'd say to big brother, 'jeez are we that boring, your cameramen are falling asleep!" haha. in the backyard when the sun was shining on the glass you could sometimes clearly see the cameramen too, but they were usually behind black curtains to be sure. there was nothing more frightening then seeing a face behind the glass. one day i was showering and i SWORE i saw ben behind the glass watching me shower! turns out it was him the little pervert!
HAHA yeah we got that when you kept saying "Thats when I saw him!" during the finale

Who ripped the most farts? Who had the most disgusting habits? Were there people who just did not shower often?

Was JhustyyynnNnnNnnnn really as full on as we saw? We basically saw him refuse to sleep in a bed and do a bit of weird stuff before the live updates were halted and then JhustyyynnNnnNnnnn was gone.

Back