Skip to main content

Survivor Worlds Apart

*** SPOILERS ***

*meh*

I know that Dan is an insufferable idiot, just watch his Ponderosa and the Day After clips as he thinks he was too much of a 'hero' (whatever that means in his puny head) and should've been a 'jerk' to get further in the game. lololololol. The dude even claims he is a very self-aware individual when it's obvious to all and sundry that he has zero of that trait.

But IMO it would've been faaaar more satisfying seen the bitch-faced Carolyn get blindsided.

Hmmm. Why did Jeff ask for idols After saying I'll go tally the votes. I think Jeff was freestyling a bit, but it really gave hint and opportunity to Carolyn, who hadn't played her idol beyond the tally keyword. It takes away a fair bit of the double vote advantage to me. I think Dan could be forgiven, from the wording, for thinking she hadn't played it.

Rodney must be the biggest immunity challenge putz ever. Asking for sympathy freebies before the challenge?

Last edited:
Amazing episode. I still don't like the reptilian Carolyn, but the others in her former alliance are so bad they make her the best of the bunch. At least she has a brain.

Amazing episode. I still don't like the reptilian Carolyn, but the others in her former alliance are so bad they make her the best of the bunch. At least she has a brain.
Say what? :wideyed: :p

Mike told her straight up what was what, the obvious hint that Dan and Rodney lazing about together under the shelter meant Dan felt 'comfortable' in the game, particularly the fact Dan was not 'scrambling' and pleading his case to any of the other players, and she called him a psycho for the favour he was doing her. :facepalm:

She may be 'smarter' than the rest of her alliance but honestly that isn't saying much. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Hmmm. Why did Jeff ask for idols After saying I'll go tally the votes. I think Jeff was freestyling a bit, but it really gave hint and opportunity to Carolyn, who hadn't played her idol beyond the tally keyword. It takes away a fair bit of the double vote advantage to me. I think Dan could be forgiven, from the wording, for thinking she hadn't played it.

Rodney must be the biggest immunity challenge putz ever. Asking for sympathy freebies before the challenge?

This is interesting. I'm no Survivor expert, I watch the show for the lulz mainly but perhaps probst felt it was only fair since Dan decided to 'activate' his advantage after that event as well. I'm pretty sure that he did since (unless editing was misleading) almost immediately Carolyn also decided to play her idol.

If it was a tactical ploy by Dan to do so than it sucks for him that probst blew it up in his face. But who knows what the exact rules of when Dan was allowed to use that advantage was.

Say what? :wideyed: :p

Mike told her straight up what was what, the obvious hint that Dan and Rodney lazing about together under the shelter meant Dan felt 'comfortable' in the game, particularly the fact Dan was not 'scrambling' and pleading his case to any of the other players, and she called him a psycho for the favour he was doing her. :facepalm:

She may be 'smarter' than the rest of her alliance but honestly that isn't saying much. *shrugs*

That is true, I just meant that at least she had the brains to believe Mike and play her idol, the others in her former alliance are so delusional they didn't consider themselves in danger at all.

That is true, I just meant that at least she had the brains to believe Mike and play her idol, the others in her former alliance are so delusional they didn't consider themselves in danger at all.
I don't give her too much credit for that move because (might be due to editing) it seemed Dan's decision to play his extra vote right there and then was what lit up the dim bulb in her head. If Dan hadn't play hadn't done that I suspect Carolyn would have been blindsided successfully.

I still like Carolyn.
Kinda surprising that you would like a woman who has mercilessly gone after other females in the game for no other reasons than because she thought they were deadwood for simply being female. Makes Rodney look like a strident 'feminist' by comparison. lol

Kinda surprising that you would like a woman who has mercilessly gone after other females in the game for no other reasons than because she thought they were deadwood for simply being female. Makes Rodney look like a strident 'feminist' by comparison. lol

Really? Well, that's not how I see it, Conn.

I see no point discussing a contestant who is referred to as 'reptilean' and 'bitch-faced' by other posters, though, and will say no more.

I'll defend Carolyn. Despite red herring edits, Mike would be first choice at each and every tribal, saved purely by his own immunity, but that's fair play rather than misandry. Dan, Rodney and Will are dream fellow final 3 matchups and Sierra probably falls into the coat-tailing goat category. I understand fully that she is not popular here, but Carolyn has played a superb strategic game in a cutthroat series. She held a hidden immunity for what might be a record, wins some challenges and is well placed going into the final. I think she or Mike will win, given the alternatives. I see more mercenary than misogyny in her actions.

I'd like to clarify that I don't HATE Carolyn. I called her "reptilian" because it seemed an appropriate throwaway description at the time. I love reptiles, I had lizards for years. She is my choice to win after Mike, based on her physical strength and her not being a complete tosser. I won't be shedding any tears if she wins.

I quite like that this series started with the working collar theme, and that has held up better than I anticipated.
The white collars started presumed tall poppy favourites and formed factions, the blue collars unionised and the no collars floated. The unity of the blue collars was their early strength and their latter undoing. Carolyn played a stereotypical passive-aggressive business playbook game right in front of the noses of the blue collars, but ego and obvious threats prevailed. I really enjoy the reverting to type in this series. I think the casting showed great restraint in casting Carolyn, as she's kinda dull, but she is a perfect exponent of the white collar subsurface game.

Really? Well, that's not how I see it, Conn.

I see no point discussing a contestant who is referred to as 'reptilean' and 'bitch-faced' by other posters, though, and will say no more.
A lot worse has been said about other contestants namely Rodney, Dan etc.. and IMO those 2 have more redeeming characteristics than Carolyn.

Unless you have some tangible connection (friend, family etc...) with the woman I don't really get why a fan would be that upset about what is essentially a stranger. *shrugs*

And yes it's obvious that Carolyn has it out for any female who isn't meek (i.e. Sierra poses no threat in her mind 'cos of her demure personality) and willing to defer to her ( i.e. Shireen, Jenn etc...). The woman is an ugly piece of work inside and out.

A lot worse has been said about other contestants namely Rodney, Dan etc.. and IMO those 2 have more redeeming characteristics than Carolyn.

Unless you have some tangible connection (friend, family etc...) with the woman I don't really get why a fan would be that upset about what is essentially a stranger. *shrugs*

And yes it's obvious that Carolyn has it out for any female who isn't meek (i.e. Sierra poses no threat in her mind 'cos of her demure personality) and willing to defer to her ( i.e. Shireen, Jenn etc...). The woman is an ugly piece of work inside and out.
I think Shirin was a poor ally prospect and ruled out a female alliance. So Kim was voted out first. Carolyn had no choice but to align with men.

Votes from Wiki:

So Max Jenn Hali Jenn Jenn Shirin Tyler Dan

Last edited:
I think Shirin was a poor ally prospect and ruled out a female alliance. So Kim was voted out first. Carolyn had no choice but to align with men.

Votes from Wiki:

So Max Jenn Hali Jenn Jenn Shirin Tyler Dan
The impression (subjective of course) that I got from Carolyn early on when they were separated into 3 tribes based on off-hand comment she made about other females is that she isn't comfortable and happy in any social setting where she isn't perceived as the Queen Bee.

Obviously I can't read her mind and prove she delibarately targeted other females simply because they didn't' kowtow to her but having known women similar to her this is more often than not the reason why Carolyn types don't like other females.

So literally did the exact same thing Carolyn did (targeting another woman after realizing that they were on the chopping block and that a woman was probably going to go) so who cares? Actually, who cares this much about Carolyn anyway? I really wasn't fond of her at all when it came to the Shirin thing, but outside of that she's nothing to get that worked up over. Especially when Rodney and Will are still around and Dan was until this week.

^^ Outside of the tv show game Survivor Carolyn and the other players are part of, I have no emotional attachment to any of them. That said she's MY main villain of this season and I can't wait to see get voted out. Otherwise I wouldn't bother watching the show in the first place. *shrugs*

Yes she bugs me more than Dan and Rodney, which are 2 idiots who I could deal with to some degree. Carolyn on the other hand is a much different insidious persona than those 2.

Back