Skip to main content

Survivor Worlds Apart

I don't see any negative energy or hate here? Where? Is a couple of people calling Rodney cocky what you mean?!!!

And his views of 'relationships' have affected his social game already and therefore do have something to do with the game. He could hold his views and keep them to himself, for example. Or not spruik them in front of women. He's an idiot. And an offensive idiot.

Not so much here, that's true. But in general he's getting ripped several new arseholes all over the interwebz. He's comfortably the most hated castaway by far and I feel that's ridiculous and funny because it's based on his supposed sexism which like I've said it's an over the top accusation. lol

ummm insisting that women don't respect themselves and should hold themselves to a higher standard is absolutely sexist. There's nothing supposed about it lmfao

ummm insisting that women don't respect themselves and should hold themselves to a higher standard is absolutely sexist. There's nothing supposed about it lmfao
It's a matter of perspective I guess. Women have views (standards) on how men should behave as well, expecting them to be this and that etc.. At the end of the day he's not a dictator who has powers to pass 'laws' forcing women to behave a certain way. They are his opinions but no female is any under any obligation to listen to them, let alone follow them. *shrugs* For that reason I find Rodney to be a grating loudmouth at times but a rather harmless and entertaining one at that. Others don't see him that way and that's okay.

He's just one of those guys with unpleasant opinions, and enough natural or pumped up arrogance to feel entitled to air them. And he's not very bright, so I cut him some slack for that. I was reading Dalton Ross's recaps over on EW last night and the tattooed lady whose name I forget was saying he airs offensive opinions on gay people, different ethnicities and races, people in various lines of work, etc etc, as well as his views on women - so he's globally offensive in his mouthing off.

The moment in tonight's episode when Joe, clinging to a pole by his fingernails, declared "I love this" was the moment I realised what a great player he is. He has something of the spirit of Ozzy about him. Jenn playing her idol was great too, I'm now rooting for her, Joe and Hali.

The moment in tonight's episode when Joe, clinging to a pole by his fingernails, declared "I love this" was the moment I realised what a great player he is. He has something of the spirit of Ozzy about him. Jenn playing her idol was great too, I'm now rooting for her, Joe and Hali.

That was a sensational moment. I was doing stupid double fist pumps on my couch later when he won immunity.

Jenn has such an excellent throaty laugh - and the looks of dismay on the BCs!

I liked Joe from the start, but went a bit off him; Jenn, ditto - but they are the ones I want to go all the way. It can be done! I am hoping Carolyn switches back to No Collar now, and takes Tyler with her.

Same as last season none of the castaways tickle my fancy but if push came to shove I'm hoping Jen, and to a lesser extent Joe, go on to win. Jen is cute and sassy but a little too smug and makes too many unnecessary belittling snide remarks about fellow players for my tastes. It's why I never got behind that Sri Lankan woman/twin whose name I don't care to remember. That said Jen is not half bad as her as that woman was a piece of work for sure.

I wonder why 2 of the White Collars Carolyn and Tyler decided to side with the dominant in numbers-wise 5 remaining Blue Collars. It's a little dicey going that way if you ask me. I would've at least cut the BC to 4 to make sure they don't lord their numerical advantage over the rest of the merge players and cruise to the FTC.

Maybe Carolyn (Tyler just seems to follow her lead) think they can crack the BC alliance more easily than the tight Jen, Hali and Joe alliance. It's clear as day many in the BC tribe barely tolerate each other although they've remained loyal to their original tribe (through gritted teeth) thus far. That's all that comes to mind really.

Last edited:
Yes, maybe they felt if they sided with BC they'd be less likely to be targeted; plus Carolyn seemed to think she had some sort of rapport with BC Kelly, and perhaps some loyalty, therefore.

Tonight's episode was easily one of the best ever. Mike overplaying his overheard flip, Rodney telling Dan that his experience was almost robbed while giving sneaky looks to camera, Dan being the biggest non-evil villain of all time. So many tears. It felt like two hours of highlights. So good.

Will went from hero to zero tonight. Survivor is such a rollercoaster. we (well, I) went from rooting for him over the shared food backlash, to booing and hissing as he stomped Shirin into the ground with no sign of remorse, because God is on his side so he must be right.

Mike was right about Dan being too stupid to flip, but he had to try.

Back