Skip to main content

Survivor Second Chance

There I was last night watching survivor(well more screaming at my TV and muttering about gameplay).When it occurred to me that I am all alone in this. I have watched this show with so much passion for more than half of my life....alone. Not a single person I know watches the show. Or so I thought! It only just clicked that you guys, MY PEOPLE might also have an interest. sometimes I wonder if my blonde hair extends down into my brain stunting my intellect. *face palm**

Welcome aboard @SKOM ! For as long as I can remember there's always been a Survivor thread here, it certainly adds to the experience when you can analyse, cheer and moan to your heart's content.

I think so? He enjoyed it too much. All that 'marinating'. Such a shortlived pleasure!

Anyone would totally relish that opportunity, you can't blame him.

I just can't believe they would not get rid of the incredibly-smug-with-stupid-hair Joe. He's a huge threat and they blew the first opportunity. It may yet prove to be their only chance.

Anyone would totally relish that opportunity, you can't blame him.

I just can't believe they would not get rid of the incredibly-smug-with-stupid-hair Joe. He's a huge threat and they blew the first opportunity. It may yet prove to be their only chance.
Don't hate him cause you can't date him!!

Joe FTW

I was sad to see little Ciera go. I liked her. She is a little fire cracker.

Omg how stupid of whats his name to waste an immunity like that?!?!

I am loving the cast, the only one I have felt happy to see go so far is the sobbing Stephen.

Spencer and Joe remain my favourites.

I didn't mind Ciera, and I don't even mind Abi, at least she makes things interesting by throwing a bit of random chaos in.

I'm warming to Kelley Wentworth. Hopefully she'll stick with Joe & Spencer til the end.

I think this is a marvellous season. Even with the rain, the edit has managed to have a bit of fun with the cast. The fact that my favourite players are still in the game makes me really cheerful!

I like that it's not a foregone conclusion who is going to win, and that people I thought were going early are still there, and that Keith's pop-eyes are still popping with surprise. It feels really robust and movable.

Again, I really don't understand the appeal of Joe and Spencer. Joe is so fucking boring and only exists as a character through other people talking about how perfect he is, and Spencer has always been insufferable. He gets so much airtime regardless of his relevance to the episode and all of his confessionals are about Feelings and dumb shit. No thank you.

I also think this season is complete garbage too, because it's all of the worst qualities of modern Survivor on steroids. Every week it's about BIG MOVES and PLAYING DA GAME and VOTING BLOCS. The editing is terrible, the boot order sucks, everyone's edited to be a gamebot, and the storytelling is so inconsistent because they need to hype up shocking moves. It's just lifeless. Different storylines start and stop without any explanation, we randomly get told that two people are aligned out of the blue and are expected to just go with it, and the whole presentation of the overall story is confusing and inconsistent. Now we're left with eight people left -- Spencer, Jeremy, Kelley, and Tasha are just gamebots who only get shown strategizing 25/7 with no characterization. Abi has been painfully UTR since the merge, Keith and Kimmi have been UTR this whole time, and as I already mentioned Joe is a shell of a golden boy with no real personality himself; he only exists through other people talking about what a big threat he is. Stephen was the only person presented as a human being, and everyone here hated him. Now he's gone and we're left with a bunch of people with no discernible personality traits.

I like Joe's calmness, he obviously tries to win those immunities but he doesn't boast about it, so it seems effortless. He probably does have a high opinion of himself but I don't see him lording over others.

What I like about Spencer is the strategising and deep thinking, plus he does seemed to have learned since last time that human interaction and a bit of humility are important.

Wow, these were two awesome episodes. Implications still sinking in (Joe SAFE! Fishie GONE! Advantage WASTED! Someones head OUCH!).

Apparently analysis is showing it's looking like Spencer is the most likely victim of the dropped vase.

What I like about Spencer is the strategising and deep thinking, plus he does seemed to have learned since last time that human interaction and a bit of humility are important.

He's talked a lot about Feelings in his confessionals but his social game seems to be about the same as it was in Cagayan? I can't think of anyone who he's particularly bonded with this time around. His strategic game seems slightly better this time around, but it speaks volumes that he's hardly ever in the majority and is often out of the loop.

I also don't think his nauseating "Joe lingo" confessional really speaks much to his supposed humility.

Yep that was a great double episode!

Re: Joe, what I like about him is that he keeps his cool and stays cheerful. In his previous season there was also someone who was out to get him but he doesn't let it get to him. He also deals with the Survivor elements (bad weather, etc.) gracefully.

I thought tonight's episode was more of the same garbage, and I still think this season is complete shit, but at least I was pretty pleased with the result?

I thought tonight's episode was more of the same garbage, and I still think this season is complete shit, but at least I was pretty pleased with the result?

Then why watch the show?
Abi is the most despicable piece of shit I've ever watched on TV.
Who was concerned and who cheered said a lot.

Back