Skip to main content

Survivor Second Chance

insider06

Theme: 20 returnees returning for a second chance. Includes contestants from as far back as season 1 and 2 and as recent as 28-30 and several in between!

Tribe splits:

Bayon tribe: Kimmi Kapenberg S2. Andrew Savage S7. Stephen Fishbach S18. Monica Padilla S19. Ciera Eastin S27. Tasha Fox S28. Kass McQuillen S28. Jeremy Collins S29. Keith Nale S29. Joe Anglim S30.

Ta Keo tribe: Kelly Wigglesworth S1. Jeff Varner S2. Terry Deitz S12. Peih-Gee Law S15. Abi-Maria Gomes S25. Vytas Baskauskas S27. Spencer Bledsoe S28. Woo Hwang S28. Kelley Wentworth S29. Shirin Oskooi S30.

It is a great cast and it is great to see old schoolers like Kelly, Jeff, Kimmi, Andrew and Terry back. Peih-Gee and Stephen are two contestants that most survivor fans have wanted back for a long time as well. It is also great to see the new school all stars like Kass, Spencer, Ciera, Vytas, Woo, Joe, Keith, Jeremy ect. return.

Premiere: Premieres in America on Wednesday night and premiers on GO! in Australia less than 24 hours later at 8:30 Thursday night.

My prediction: Best season since S20 Heroes vs Villains! It is a great cast and they will all be out to play hard. I am expecting a crazy, unpredictable season with every player playing to win!

Only 4 sleeps to go!

I am so excited! I've seen every season apart from the one that didn't air in Australia.
I LOVE most of those returning players, so many favourites.
Bring it on!

So, judging from what a lot of commentators are saying, and my own intuition, this season will go like:

Abi or Kass out first. The one left over will go far as a goat, if they make the merge.

PG, Spencer, Stephen and Vytas are all big threats, and will be targeted early.

Everyone is predicting an alpha male alliance, with Keith and Woo providing extra votes, and acting as useful goats a la Amber in All Stars.

The guys will all turn on each other after the merge.

One of the under the radar but clever girls will win it - Ciera, Kelly, Monica - or Jeff Varner.

That's sort of an amalgam of the opinions I've read and heard, and come up with myself.

If it does go this way, how will everyone feel - clever, for picking it, or ripped off, for it being predictable?

I'd love the know it all archetypes, Spencer and Stephen, to have the day.

Looking at Bayon tribe, Kass really is the obvious first boot. Unless Kimmi is still annoying. I would try to get Savage off myself, but that doesn't work out too well, especially when there are such strong competitors amungst the men on both tribes.

PG, Sharin and Abi are probably in strife on TKO. I wonder if Terry will protect Vytas, or if he knows him well enough to cut him early. If Spencer can channel Tony, he could have two effective votes, due to Woo - unless Woo wants to redeem his name after making the stupidest single move in Survivor history, by being a bit more Tony himself.

I must confess it has been years since I have seen Survivor. But with Big Brother aus in limbo I need my reality tv fix somehow!

So excitement!

I had completely forgotten it was all returnees this season. Just saw the list and cried out, Joe! Really pleased to see both Spencer and Joe back on my screen, competing in this.

Kelly's zen meditation and bad plastic surgery are a nice contrast.

Before:
CFX_-lBXIAACG4a.jpg

After:
kelly-wiglesworth.jpg

In the battle between new and old school, I guess new school won. If old school was Terry, Kelly Wiggles and Aras' brother, and new school Sharin, Kelly and Spencer, then taking out Vytas is a powerful first move. I imagine Sharin wants to keep Abi around as a meat shield, but there is the danger that she will drag the tribe down, like a Shamar, but it was important to let the beach people beat the shelter people. PG and Varner were always more new school anyway, even on their original seasons. They were the ones hatching plots and thinking strategically, while others were there for the experience or whatever. I wonder if Varner has burnt his bridge with Terry now -probably not, especially if the next vote is to trim an unmanageable Abi.

Stephen had a terrible first night, the only highlight being called 'Fishbach' by Probst. I wonder if they are working up to a growth narrative, or if he is just being painted as a dufußs. If his tribe keep winning, and they have an early swap, he may find a home in the Kelley, Spencer, Sharin alliance. But he's probably just toast.

They're getting their money's worth with Joe. Reminds me of a Far Side cartoon, where there's a deer with a target-shaped birthmark.

Well, it may be that my brain was addled from watching the Bachelorette, and then shooting through the recording to catch up, but I found that a little dull and disappointing; and also confusing, as even though I watched most of those seasons I could not remember so many of them, even with flashbacks, at all.

My favourite parts were the beautiful views of Cambodia, the colours of the greenery and the waters, and that stunning little baby monkey that went oooooh.

Never liked Vytas so was glad he was gone; but would rather that loud Abi was out than him - and surely getting the strongish men on your tribe off early is a rookie mistake, unless they merge next week; unlikely.

Well, it may be that my brain was addled from watching the Bachelorette, and then shooting through the recording to catch up, but I found that a little dull and disappointing; and also confusing, as even though I watched most of those seasons I could not remember so many of them, even with flashbacks, at all.

My favourite parts were the beautiful views of Cambodia, the colours of the greenery and the waters, and that stunning little baby monkey that went oooooh.

Never liked Vytas so was glad he was gone; but would rather that loud Abi was out than him - and surely getting the strongish men on your tribe off early is a rookie mistake, unless they merge next week; unlikely.

I've watched every season apart from the Boston Rob one that didn't air here, but I was the same, even with flashbacks some of them didn't ring many bells. I think there are some odd choices for fan faves. For example, blonde Kelly seems like a perfectly nice person and is getting some early action with the idol, but I don't recall a thing about her from her season,

Well! I rewatched it. Now I've got all my old guys sorted and names affixed, etc - I really enjoyed it all a lot more second time around, caught a lot more details, and the vote made a lot more sense. It's such a beautiful location, also.

Back