Skip to main content

Survivor Season 34

This is Debbie

50b3ac5f5aa0a.jpg

G2YMCoH.png

tumblr_o0po3dHYK91skmvtxo2_250.gif

In case you forgot

Look at me!!! I'm the wrong side of 50 but mentally I'm still think I'm 18...

OMG! It's back on GO! and at a decent regular time!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/02/returning-survivor-11.html

Returning: Survivor
February 23rd, 2017 By David Knox

EXCLUSIVE: Survivor (US) fans will be treated to a new series in two weeks time.

Survivor: Game Changers: Mamanuca Islands will premiere 7.30pm Thursday, March 9 on 9GO! A two hour premiere will screen same day as the US.

That’s a big improvement after the last season was late and had a terrible late night slot.

The new series is filmed in Fiji and features returning players including Ozzy, Cirie, Tai. Sierra and Brad.

...I will be watching this but if it clashes with 'I'm a Celeb' I'll be taping and watching it after 'I'm a Celeb' and 'Gogglebox' on those nights... I really do want to watch my first full US series of this show... especially if it has that 'Ozzy' guy in it that you guys all told me about... the big question is... if Go! stuff the show around into late timeslots or don't show it at all for Cricket or Tennis or Tiddlywinks or whatever I'll be fine with it but if they do I'll be dumping it as I did the last series... you're on notice Channel Go! (Channel 9... grrrrr!... don't get me started!)... thanks for the heads up Melore... cheers.

Last minute pre season predictions:

OK, so on Cirie's tribe, they won't lose too often. But when they do, there will be a bro strength alliance of Ozzy, JT, Culpepper, Sierra and the gorgeous Andrea (sigh). Opposing this will be Cirie. She needs to gather her forces, and if she can get Tai away from Ozzy's magnetism, she may be able to get a majority, or force the first rock draw. Otherwise, Cirie is in trouble. BUT this tribe won't be losing any early immunities, so she may make the swap. Debbie will annoy Ozzy, and she'll be gone.

The other tribe is more diverse, and Varner may be in trouble. Sandra and Tony are clear threats, which may let Malcomb slip by. Ciera will eventually be targeted - weak in challenges, seen as unpredictable. Hali may slip through. I hope Sandra can swing the votes away from her and Tony. Her natural ally seems to be Aubry, but she'll want to target the 4 Ko Rong players.

I think there will be an epic battle between the Bros and the others. If the others win, Sandra will take the season. If not, it'll be Ozzy, Malcomb, JT or Andrea.

The cast doesn't look as bad as I thought, with a few exceptions. I can't stand Brad Culpepper, Troyzan or Tony, and have no recollection of Sierra.

Sorry to quote myself, but this is my mindset going into this. I want those people out early, apart from Tony who is at least interesting.

Can we be sure Ozzy will bro this season? He might try a different tactic, I hope so.

So ridiculously excited!

Couldn't sleep last night so tried to bore myself by listing all the returnees I could remember. Forgot Troyzan, who I find really inappropriate and funny; even forgot Zac, who I really enjoyed watching play last season... I am so glad to see Aubry get another chance, ditto Debbie, Tai, Malcolm, and Zac. Cannot wait to see an epic sneer and eye-roll off between Ciera and Mikaelah. Bring it on!

Starting now, but I'm saving it for a time I can watch it properly, hopefully later tonight.

HOT DAMN, what a fantastic episode! I was on edge from start to finish. Here's some of my thoughts:

I want to mention this season's overall design. I am a huge fan. The shipwrecked theme works really well. Also, tribal Council is gorgeous and the fact that votes are cast in a FUCKING LIGHTHOUSE is just so fricken awesome.

I saw this mentioned on Reddit and it is so true, we had a Johnathan Penner level challenge tanty snuck in very quietly with Varner and Jeff when Varner was unlocking the locks on the crate in the IC. It went something like this:

Probst: "Varner, now starting to panic"
Varner: "I ain't panickin', don't say that"
Probst: "Sure looks like it"
Varner: "Don't throw that shit on me I'm good"

On the subject of Varner, my god he is great. He had a good presence in this episode. I really would like to see him go to the jury for the first time. Lets hope.

Debbie of course talked about one of her previous jobs. Not a fan of her really.

Malcolm is island-hot in the first game-week which I think is a record. And also his challenge performance in the 2nd IC was glorious. my boy was doing so well. I hope for good things to come from him. I would be very happy with him winning.

Gameplay seems almost snail-pace after the adrenaline rushed series of Millenials Vs. Gen X and its almost like these players are having a more classical game. Especially when Malcolm mentioned about removing the weak players for the benefit of the tribe is a fairly old school attitude, something that would come with a bunch of older players.

I'm very worried about Cirie because her gameplay this episode was very strange. Her interactions with Ozzy and Tai put me on edge. Sadly I think if a tribe with her loses Immunity she's a goner. I just hope she's got some tricks under her sleeve.

Tony. Tony tony tony.... how did his game go so wrong? I was cringing when one of the first things he did was set up a spy shack. It was gimmicky enough in Cagayan, we didn't need it again (I was also surprised to see the lack of #spyshack hashtag brought to you by CBS). I did laugh however when he Commando crawled out of view when Troyzan and Sandra were having a midnight convo. I was very surprised to see him gone 2nd boot but for the overall homeostasis of the game it is probably a good thing.

Sandra mentioning every 5 minutes that she was the queen annoyed me but I did laugh when she yelled out to Tony when he was leaving Tribal to: "Say hello to Ciera from me"

On the mention of Ciera: "SHE VOTED OUT HER MOM"
I never really watched her season so I don't have much of an opinion on her, probably good for a first boot,

Anyways that's it for this StickyFingers level novel. I'm just very happy the new season is upon us. I'm enjoying it so far and hope to enjoy the whole thing.

I had a blissful 10 minutes when I thought Tony, Sandra, and Malcomb would take Aubry and Caleb on and form the majority. Alas, paranoia and midnight madness hit Tony when he overheard Troy and Sandra mention his name - even though it was in the context of saying he wasn't a threat. Tony played himself out of the game by trying to be the character 'Tony', of Team TV. He may have pushed Sandra out of her safe 'anyone but me' strategy into being a caricature of herself. Can the the Queen stuff - you sound like Coach. I think the Adam Klein/Jeremy strategy of meat Sheila, like Malcolm is taking about, was Sandra's best shot. She could be out to dry like Cirie now. Maybe Cirie can hide behind her, actually.

Troyzan had a good night. I always thought he got a bad rap. He was right in One World - but Cat wanted to believe she and Kim were besties, and if she'd followed Troy she would have done better. Varner had a great night, too. As did Sierra.

The brodown I predicted is on. I hope the switch works well for Malcolm and he can hook up with JT. Caleb will bro down with them. Michaela too, but she's a bloody liability to herself and any allies. Lose lips.

Andrea had a quiet night, and. Bet she is at home kicking her perfect behind right now, after seeing the advantage she stepped over on TV. I'd like her or Malcolm to win - a triple threat who appreciates the game and the show and the scene and RHAP etc like I do. But judging by her edit, it doesn't look too likely. Malcolm has a real shot, though. If he continues to ignore the Big Moves bullshit and is just nice and strong and Jeremy/Michelles his way to victory.

Cirie had a shocker, and unless the tribe swap goes well, she'll be in strife. It all depends on the tribe swap now. I really hope they draw for captains, and them pick their own tribes. That'd be fun. If Michaela ends up on the Angkor beach, with no shelter, she'll bitch her way off the show.
As it was Ciera and Tony who went first, the narrative could well be that big moves get you killed. They are the two faces of big moves, and I think Malcolm has the right approach.

Great episode. Sad to see Tony go, but he asked for it. Bring on my 2 day podcast binge.

What did you think @Melore ?

I loved it, and couldn't be happier with the first two out.

A very valid point was made though, Sandra can't be allowed to control another season.

Malcolm is my favourite by a mile, he's amazing.

I'm going to have to rewatch it. It felt like it was over in ten minutes! I didn't like either Ciera or Tony in their seasons, but I was sorry to see them both go. Ciera, because I was looking forward to some intensity with Michaela, who cannot stand a fool - but we did get one good eye-roll before she left; and Tony I warmed to - cannot stand Sandra, and was hoping they'd get her out and keep the brawn for a bit.

There are so many good players, and a lot of them are really good-natured, self-aware, and pleasant to watch. Always liked Malcolm (except for the bro-thing with those dicks, last time round).

I am really pleased they have short easy names for the tribes this time, ha.

I found Tony quite personable and funny this time, but he was a cartoon character, I don't know how it could possibly have been sustained for more than one episode.

As Winterbourne said, Troyzan got a good edit, so maybe he's not as bad as I thought. Culpepper was almost invisible, so didn't annoy me, in fact no one did really, with the possible exception of Sandra's queen shtick. I always liked her, but if she's going to be like that, she can go.

Varner also impressed, I always liked him and I too hope he finally makes the jury.

Back