Skip to main content

Survivor Season 33

There are rumours here and there on the internet suggesting so, but he hasn't really spoken publicly about it, so I don't really think it's anything that needs much commenting on.
I get what you're saying, but when you're on a reality TV show, things get commented on. Shows what kind of person Zeke is that he isn't using it to further himself in the game, others have used personal issues/struggles in order to get further.
Still like Zeke, don't like any in his alliance though, which may be part of his end game, cos does anyone?

And.. that was one of the worst immunity challenges ever. Whoever gets through the first part then solves an easy puzzle first. There was no suspense and no real challenge to anyone in the way a physical endurance challenge would be. Ideally it should have been equal parts physical and mental. Not just saying that because I can't stand Jay.

I was glad it wasn't another balancing with strength challenge, that was a big plus for me. And blind challenges are pretty good, second this season.

Dave is good at wasting idols!

He is building up trust with those he helps I suppose and maybe without an idol he is less a target (he learnt that Zeke had told about it). But really the worst thing is going home with an idol in your pocket, that's truly wasting them.

Shows what kind of person Zeke is that he isn't using it to further himself in the game, others have used personal issues/struggles in order to get further.

I think the only main time that people use personal issues is for their final speech, before that having personal issues could make you a target as people see the sympathy vote aspect at the end.

I think the only main time that people use personal issues is for their final speech, before that having personal issues could make you a target as people see the sympathy vote aspect at the end.
Whenever they use it (main or during confessionals) is a "oh damn" for me.
This season alone we've seen Michaela, Adam, David in confessionals, and David openly putting out his weakness.
Zeke isn't playing that way. And good on him. Perhaps I'm not explaining it well, but it's Survivor, not "I've had a hard life" is how I view the show.

Whenever they use it (main or during confessionals) is a "oh damn" for me.
This season alone we've seen Michaela, Adam, David in confessionals, and David openly putting out his weakness.
Zeke isn't playing that way. And good on him. Perhaps I'm not explaining it well, but it's Survivor, not "I've had a hard life" is how I view the show.

Well the confessionals are partly the script the producers want for what storyline they push, the audience don't vote so it doesn't affect the result which has already been decided by now of course.

I think they are pushing Zeke and Brett right now as the gay alliance with a 'message' for the audience of how great they supposedly both are as an 'example' to us. Hate the example stuff, you see it pushed a bit on US shows, and the Aussie version had some going on about being an example too. I just watch reality shows not for great moral examples to bow down to but for the good and the bad in people, 'warts and all'. Anything that gets pushed as a moral fable can seem fake very quickly.

I think they are pushing Zeke and Brett right now as the gay alliance with a 'message' for the audience of how great they supposedly both are as an 'example' to us.
I don't think so. Bret only played the gay card to try and improve his position. It's not like CBS would leave that out. But still.. meh.

I don't think so. Bret only played the gay card to try and improve his position. It's not like CBS would leave that out. But still.. meh.

There is that as well, though the way Zeke quickly turned on Chris I doubt it will work out well. I wonder if Chris even realised Zeke had been part of the blindside with that shoutout when he left.

Ken remains my favourite by a long way. I gasped when his name was thrown into the mix, but it was just sweet Sunday lying for no good reason.

If she hadn't said that David would have played his idol on Hannah, and then Sunday's (current) voting bloc member would've gone home, and her side would be down in the numbers. I liked Sunday this week, with her shutting down Bret when he started acting like a cop in tribal council, and then this deception which Adam and Hannah were silly enough to fall for.

Hannah, though, at some point this week - maybe when she lost her top in that mis-thought-through snake challenge, or wore the vulva-hugging shorts, or showed the visible boob tan line in confessional - but at some point she became the hot girl on the show.

[There should be a word for the most attractive person you can see at the moment.]

If she hadn't said that David would have played his idol on Hannah, and then Sunday's (current) voting bloc member would've gone home, and her side would be down in the numbers. I liked Sunday this week, with her shutting down Bret when he started acting like a cop in tribal council, and then this deception which Adam and Hannah were silly enough to fall for.

Hannah, though, at some point this week - maybe when she lost her top in that mis-thought-through snake challenge, or wore the vulva-hugging shorts, or showed the visible boob tan line in confessional - but at some point she became the hot girl on the show.

[There should be a word for the most attractive person you can see at the moment.]
Did Hannah lose her top too as all I saw was that Jessica had lost her top. Just saw it blurred out. Hopefully those vulva shorts get a wash of some sort on a regular basis.

Last edited:
What's with the toothpick thing that Jessica always has? Never seen a female do that. It's always a male thing.

If she hadn't said that David would have played his idol on Hannah, and then Sunday's (current) voting bloc member would've gone home, and her side would be down in the numbers.

Do we even know if David was going to play it on Hannah though? He still could've wasted it by playing it on himself.

Just an okay episode. Nothing amazing but there have been plenty worse ones. The end result was fantastic though! Still have no clue why Zeke is returning next season but this show's choices for male returnees are always tragic (the female choices are problematic too, but for entirely different reasons.)

Another great episode. Ken, what?
Will stop demanding attention, you ARE an 18 year old, no need to throw a tantrum to be acknowledged, just play the game, and stop whining. You were told they'd go with your choice, after you spat the dummy (if David had an idol) and they still didn't go with your pick of Ken (does Sunday have something against other women?)
Liked Adam a little more this episode. Don't really want to though.

Back