Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 17

Who is the most entertaining Survivor?…

• 1)… George:… because he’s a sneaky little rat-fink that has verbal diarrhoea and a lot of idols…

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • 2)… Shonee:… because she reads the play well even though she’s so smug at times…

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • 3)… Gerry:… he’s still alive on Earth with us… he tells it as it is… again… he’s still alive…

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 4)… Simon:… he is very simple… he thinks that he’s a genius game player… he’s just… simple!…

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 5)… Nina:… erm… she’s American?… sorry… that’s it I’m afraid…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6)… Matt:… um… he’s a Lifeguard?… as with Nina… that’s it folks…

• 7)… Hayley:… in her original season she was something… in this season she is nothing… moving on…

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 8) … Shaun:… remember a guy named ‘Fraser’ on the show?… that’s how you will remember Shaun… never!…

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 9 )…Liz:… there’s a Liz on the show?…

• Total voters
I didn't like Shonee in her first two seasons, but really warmed to her this time and she was my favourite, even though the Shiz thing annoys me, as I can't see anything likeable in Liz.

I'm not upset she's gone though, as it opens the game up, and hopefully means the winner won't be one of the 'obvious' choices (Shonee, George, Liz, Shaun, Hayley)
Who, then? I'd piss myself it was Simon, one of the worst players ever, falling into winning position by accident (ie. being up against someone no one could vote for like Matt, Gerry or Nina).

Simon ftw, for shits and giggles!.
To be fair if Simon gets to the final two then he has well and truly earned it. And as much as I want George to go ASAP I'd love to see Simon beat him at the end thanks and once again the bridges burnt by George come back to bite him. I think Flick, Shaun, Sam and Nina would likely vote Simon, so he only needs one of the others to do likewise. Shonee being that casting vote would be beautiful, but I think also that Gerry is the only person who would undoubtedly vote for George in any final 2 combination.

George will not get to final 2 unless he wins his way there, and he is not a comp beast. No one would take him.

And after that move to take out Shonee, it's looking like George will be out next opportunity unless he gets immunity or an idol.

So George basically screwed himself and his closest ally out of the prize money.

I don't think Simon deserves to win. He's been all ego and bad decisions. I do think he could get a lot of votes in a final tribal council though.

More likely someone boring like Liz or Matt will slip through and win.

Simon's ego is a fraction of the size of George's and has been crushed at every opportunity. Really think he is just there for the ride now - actually think the multiple bad decisions have actually allowed him to play with a freedom he didn't have early on.

The editing is so frustrating when it comes to post-tribal. We get 700 confessionals about what George thinks but we got nothing about what Simon thought on all six members of his alliance lying to him and betraying him. Ultimately he was turning on George and George alone and to his knowledge would have still been in a minority alliance of 4 against 5 as he didn't know Hayley was flipping.

Good on him winning immunity though - love how much it pisses off George when he does.

Exactly. He has no strategy and it's all personal - he's a vindictive c*** who sees anyone making a move against him as a stupid imbecile and him making a move against anyone as the best gameplaying strategy ever. He got rid of Shonee because he can't handle women with power and can't handle anyone making decisions other than him. Yes, George may have made the decision on who goes home at pretty much all post-merge tribals - but he isn't earning anybodies respect. He's far from the social player he thinkgs he is - and if he thinks he is winning back Liz's trust he is clearly mistaken.

RIP Shonee though - knew she wouldn't be saved as she isn't George. Also worth keeping an eye on immunity as JLP clearly told Simon he'd have a "one in eight chance of becoming Sole Survivor" so if he avoids those words at the Immunity Challenge perhaps a twist is in the offing. If he says them though and George is still saved it is as fixed as we think it is.

I copped a ban for a month in the Big Brother, for less.

Shonee and Liz literally said they were going to get George next vote. It was perfect timing to break them up. If he goes next, he he probably would have either way, but I wouldn’t count him out yet!

Fucking George. All this came about because he heard the girls refer to the 'Shiz' alliance. I'm not sure he's emotionally mature enough for the game. His votes are always vindictive.

Ah well. Who the fuck are we going for now? Gerry? Hayley for the repeat? I can't back Nina, Simon or Shaun because they're dumb as fuck. And I only learnt Matt's name yesterday. Hopefully Liz can do something to warrant be throwing support behind her. I can't see George making the final 2.

The editing is so frustrating when it comes to post-tribal. We get 700 confessionals about what George thinks but we got nothing about what Simon thought on all six members of his alliance lying to him and betraying him. Ultimately he was turning on George and George alone and to his knowledge would have still been in a minority alliance of 4 against 5 as he didn't know Hayley was flipping.

Good on him winning immunity though - love how much it pisses off George when he does.

Exactly. He has no strategy and it's all personal - he's a vindictive c*** who sees anyone making a move against him as a stupid imbecile and him making a move against anyone as the best gameplaying strategy ever. He got rid of Shonee because he can't handle women with power and can't handle anyone making decisions other than him. Yes, George may have made the decision on who goes home at pretty much all post-merge tribals - but he isn't earning anybodies respect. He's far from the social player he thinkgs he is - and if he thinks he is winning back Liz's trust he is clearly mistaken.

RIP Shonee though - knew she wouldn't be saved as she isn't George. Also worth keeping an eye on immunity as JLP clearly told Simon he'd have a "one in eight chance of becoming Sole Survivor" so if he avoids those words at the Immunity Challenge perhaps a twist is in the offing. If he says them though and George is still saved it is as fixed as we think it is.
Good post. It summed up all of my thoughts I was going to write this morning :cool:
To be fair if Simon gets to the final two then he has well and truly earned it. And as much as I want George to go ASAP I'd love to see Simon beat him at the end thanks and once again the bridges burnt by George come back to bite him. I think Flick, Shaun, Sam and Nina would likely vote Simon, so he only needs one of the others to do likewise. Shonee being that casting vote would be beautiful, but I think also that Gerry is the only person who would undoubtedly vote for George in any final 2 combination.
I would love to see that also HOWEVER, I don't know if I could stomach the nerves of watching Geo in the final - pitching to the jury. I hate him, he is almost top on my 'All time Survivor shit list". I was literally screaming at the TV the other night when the opportunity to oust Geo went so badly pear shaped. The thought of him winning would give me multiple heart failures watching the final if he was in it..

Shonee for me was neither here or there. I liked her, then I didn't, then I could have and then she's out - and its all because of her alliance with Geo. Anyone who aligns themselves with him goes onto my shit list, so at the start I liked Shonee but then she started working with Geo as his BFF and I turned on her - but last night she talked of eliminating him, so if that happened she would be a legend again :biggrin:

I'm a bit like Geo myself in that anyone who doesn't do as he dictates he then very quickly manifests a hate for & has to eliminate immediately - for me, anyone who sides with him - I dislike :arghh: Which is why at the start I liked Gerry, Stevie and Matt & now I want them out ... :cool: Well, Stevie is out -

Their only redemption is to mount a coup d'état and it must be successful...

One thing Geo said last night which shows his mindset & his downfall was, "Shonee, it is not about the social gameplay - it is about strategy and that is why you are going home, blah, blah, blah"... IT IS ABOUT THE SOCIAL gameplay - you need to have the jury onside when, or if you get to pitch to them - and you George, have pissed off almost all of them - no votes for you..

Last edited:
Fucking George. All this came about because he heard the girls refer to the 'Shiz' alliance. I'm not sure he's emotionally mature enough for the game. His votes are always vindictive.

Ah well. Who the fuck are we going for now? Gerry? Hayley for the repeat? I can't back Nina, Simon or Shaun because they're dumb as fuck. And I only learnt Matt's name yesterday. Hopefully Liz can do something to warrant be throwing support behind her. I can't see George making the final 2.
I've always been more on the side of George than his detractors, because despite being incredibly annoying and affected, his gameplay has mostly been immaculate.

He lost me last night, with a vindictive decision based not on strategy but jealousy, like a teenage girl not being invited to a party.
Yes, Shonee would have struck first if he didn't, but for her it would have been a strategic move at a necessary time, and not fueled by jealousy.

I can't see any way back for George now. He either goes tonight or early next week, and it will be deserved.

Now Shonee’s gone, my money’s on Gerry. He is such a survivor, quite literally. Usually, anyone older or weaker at challenges gets weeded out at the beginning, but he got through that, with an injury too. Unlike George, Simon, and some of the others, there’s no ego or showboating on display; he is silently observing and laying low, playing the long game, without a target on his back. And yet he basically told the OG Heroes he was going to seek vengeance for their disloyalty and it’s as though they don’t take him seriously or forgive his honesty. Poor Ben was a target for making a fake idol as a team building exercise, but Gerry is still here. I think he’s deeply strategic, and out of nowhere, he’s turning into a bit of a challenge beast. He chose the right alliance and has so far loyally backed it, but I don’t for a minute think he is actually dedicated to George. Gerry is a coiled snake, and still an unknown quantity to a degree. He’s going to strike when nobody’s got there eye on him. I kind of hope he’s responsible for taking out George now Shonee can’t.

He lost me last night, with a vindictive decision based not on strategy but jealousy, like a teenage girl not being invited to a party.
Yes, Shonee would have struck first if he didn't, but for her it would have been a strategic move at a necessary time, and not fueled by jealousy.
We know the edit is manipulative to serve the storytelling, and I don’t mind that at all, they’re doing a good job overall this season. I thing George’s confessionals about Shiz are an example of that; a simplistic justification for his targeting Shonee. I don’t think George is impulsive about any of his plays. I don’t believe that he went for Shonee in a fit of jealousy, I think he knew all along that his alliance of three would need to be broken at the pointy end of the game, and that he was the third wheel, and perhaps his uncertainty was whether to do it in one day or another, but not whether to do it at all. Firstly I wondered if Liz might have been a better target, but of all the other players, Shonee is most definitely George’s only competition for playing a strong strategic game, and she did it with smiles and charm, something George can’t do. The problem with George is, that no matter how impeccable his game is this season, there are too many people on the jury who won’t put aside their prejudices. He doesn’t have a chance. I think he realises that and is just cracking the game open at this point, because it would be so boring if it was just picking off the OG Heroes one by one. If there’s one thing you can say about George, he has a genuine love of the game, and he’s playing with relish, unlike people like Hayley, who has been disappointing this season. That’s why I like Gerry for the win, because although he’s been cautious, he’s still been in the thick of it, not on the peripheries. And George is always the centre of the action, likes it that way, wears the target with pride, and somehow manages to dodge all the bullets…until the last one of course.

I've always been more on the side of George than his detractors, because despite being incredibly annoying and affected, his gameplay has mostly been immaculate.

I can't see any way back for George now. He either goes tonight or early next week, and it will be deserved.

100% Megs.

In the previous thread I commented how despite not being a fan, I can appreciate and respect George's game play. However last night gave me the icks. I'm ready for his departure now.

Shonee and Liz literally said they were going to get George next vote. It was perfect timing to break them up. If he goes next, he he probably would have either way, but I wouldn’t count him out yet!
But if he'd not lost his fuse, and got Shaun out, would they have the numbers to get him out at 8? Probably...His Achilles heel is he believes Hayley is as loyal to him this game as he has been to her.

My only hope is he a) finds an idol and b) gets wind that Hayley has leaked his 60K prize money and c) gets Nine and/or Simon onside to vote Hayley off.

I still wish they'd gone Shaun last night. I won't be comfortable until his lumbering presence is off my screen. The thought of another big lug winning two years in a row is too much.

I think we can’t actually say he ONLY heard them refer to their alliance as Shiz. He must have had more of a sense or maybe even overheard more than they showed us.

It’s not over for George and even if it is soon, he still goes down as one of the best Survivor players ever.

I’m legitimately confused how his move can be seen as vindictive jealousy as opposed to strategy and how it would have been the opposite of Shonee struck first??

I respect the range of opinions and views on the moves made. But this is puzzling to me.

I said it myself, it was not great to see it happen to Shonee and felt sad… but at the end of the day, if he got wind of the fact that Shon and Liz were going to turn on him soon… what was he supposed to do?

We know the edit is manipulative to serve the storytelling, and I don’t mind that at all, they’re doing a good job overall this season. I thing George’s confessionals about Shiz are an example of that; a simplistic justification for his targeting Shonee. I don’t think George is impulsive about any of his plays. I don’t believe that he went for Shonee in a fit of jealousy, I think he knew all along that his alliance of three would need to be broken at the pointy end of the game, and that he was the third wheel, and perhaps his uncertainty was whether to do it in one day or another, but not whether to do it at all. Firstly I wondered if Liz might have been a better target, but of all the other players, Shonee is most definitely George’s only competition for playing a strong strategic game, and she did it with smiles and charm, something George can’t do. The problem with George is, that no matter how impeccable his game is this season, there are too many people on the jury who won’t put aside their prejudices. He doesn’t have a chance. I think he realises that and is just cracking the game open at this point, because it would be so boring if it was just picking off the OG Heroes one by one. If there’s one thing you can say about George, he has a genuine love of the game, and he’s playing with relish, unlike people like Hayley, who has been disappointing this season. That’s why I like Gerry for the win, because although he’s been cautious, he’s still been in the thick of it, not on the peripheries. And George is always the centre of the action, likes it that way, wears the target with pride, and somehow manages to dodge all the bullets…until the last one of course.
I agree with basically every word of this!

I think George has already won in his eyes. He’s made super impressive strategic moves for anyone who loves to watch big moves and become famous (infamous?).

He probably knows he can’t win a jury vote. But he’s certainly made an impact that few others can even claim to coming close at (including some winners!)

I’m legitimately confused how his move can be seen as vindictive jealousy as opposed to strategy and how it would have been the opposite of Shonee struck first??

I respect the range of opinions and views on the moves made. But this is puzzling to me.

I said it myself, it was not great to see it happen to Shonee and felt sad… but at the end of the day, if he got wind of the fact that Shon and Liz were going to turn on him soon… what was he supposed to do?
Because...
It may be 100% down to the editing, well never know, but 'to me it looked like George was on top of the world with his bff spice alliance, and had voiced not a single thought about getting rid of Shonee yet. Then he overhears them calling themselves "Shiz"... and he loses his shiz and goes all green-eyed monster.

Whereas Shonee would have just shrugged and gone "Öh well, Time to go George", then smiled.

Because...
It may be 100% down to the editing, well never know, but 'to me it looked like George was on top of the world with his bff spice alliance, and had voiced not a single thought about getting rid of Shonee yet. Then he overhears them calling themselves "Shiz"... and he loses his shiz and goes all green-eyed monster.

Whereas Shonee would have just shrugged and gone "Öh well, Time to go George", then smiled.
Ok from that perspective I do get it.

I guess I’m just seeing a George who basically hasn’t made a misstep, has strategically controlled every vote he’s been a part of and therefore assume he knows / knew more than we saw.

Back