Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 13

We don't often reward our own. Which 3 quotes made you almost spit out your fried rice + wine?

• …Simon sitting on his own just then looked like he was having a dump…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • …how The Pags said that it wasn’t an idol and kept a straight face I’ll never know

• …why not just send The Pags home… I bet that even he’s over it…

• If they're dumb enough to think Simon is smart enough to make a move like that they all deserve...

• I see these sort of episodes as a waste of a episode.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was Liz's idol she found herself. The one that Shonee handed over went home with Jordie. Talking Idol's is it just Shaun and Liz who have one now?
Oh okay. I forgot Shonee played one for George. I love Shonee’s gameplay. She’s so confident she’s not on the chopping block, she hands out her idols to her allies.

I called Liz's bluff that she wouldn't play an idol for Flick, and I wish George had too, and went ahead with the Flick vote.
But I guess that would damage the Spice Girls alliance irreparably, so he just couldn't risk it.
This is the interesting thing, George had the numbers and didn’t need the Spice Girls to oust Flick, and so he could have shifted alliances to Gerry/Steve/Matt and then voted out Shonee and Liz, except they’re too close to merge for that plan to play out, and Shonee is an enemy you don’t want to have. George was in quite a predicament with that vote, and poor Stevie has now lost his faith in human nature as a result!

I am just dreading a rerun of Flick's original season, and also the last season, where dull and muscley men hang around together and the few women attached to them act as handmaidens.

To be honest, for me the two Flicks are indistinguishable from each other.
Oh no do not do S1 Flick dirty like that. She was cutthroat and controlled a lot of the premerge with a massive alliance that would insulated her until the final 3. However, at the final 7 she decided to flip on Brooke and ended up guaranteeing herself a final 4 finish in a pretty foolish move. She was a massive character and she was done so dirty by the edit on All Stars. She would have made a great female villain. They brought back the wrong Flick...

I am just dreading a rerun of Flick's original season, and also the last season, where dull and muscley men hang around together and the few women attached to them act as handmaidens.
Totally with you on that. Task #1 at merge should definitely be to get rid of the meat guys. I can’t understand why it didn’t occur to Shonee that the guys Flick has on her side might more likely turn out to be foes rather than friends; the OG Heroes are pretty tight (sans Hayley). And Liz is an idiot if she thought she wouldn’t have been next in line after Hayley, so what does she think is going to happen at merge if her alliance doesn’t swiftly dispose of the OG Heroes majority? George had his eye on that, but clearly not Shonee and Liz. Why on earth did they buy into Flick’s BS?

Gerry has done so well to make it so far as an older guy, with an injury early on, who was never playing from the top, or even the middle. I hope he continues his assault on the OG Heroes with George.

Oh no do not do S1 Flick dirty like that. She was cutthroat and controlled a lot of the premerge with a massive alliance that would insulated her until the final 3. However, at the final 7 she decided to flip on Brooke and ended up guaranteeing herself a final 4 finish in a pretty foolish move. She was a massive character and she was done so dirty by the edit on All Stars. She would have made a great female villain. They brought back the wrong Flick...
The thing that stuck in my mind about her was that she and Brooke were so smug, and then she betrayed her bestie.
She was a good player but I found her pretty unlikeable.

As I watch this later I have to make mental notes on my comments as I'm watching on what I want to write here lately. That comment is usually "George is a c***" and it occured at least 6 times tonight.

The first when he declared how bad Hayley going was for his game as exhibit 753 on how the producers run this game to benefit George and George only. The second when he told Hayley about the blindside - that should just not be allowed across tribes IMO. The third when yet again he was so dismissive of Stevie yet again when he said he would "allow" him to do the puzzle. He has shown Stevie no respect throughout the game.

The fourth was a similar comment of such arrogance back at the camp where he clearly sees himself as the leader of the tribe. The fifth was how dismissive he is of Liz and Shonee in his alliance - they're a trio of three but he shows no respect to the women when he's outvoted. That said though I do think voting out Flick over Matt is the smarter move, although Flick is a good shield for Liz and Shonee.

And the sixth where he was willing to throw Stevie under the bus at the end - even if game wise it's the smart move, but given how he's treated Stevie throughout it's a dickhead move and just proves that he was disposable to him, whilst I think Simon genuinely had respect for him.

Overall though an enjoyable enough episode but just a shame Flick and Matt couldn't get the numbers to send home George - although going into merge with George as a target is probably better than going in without him. No surprise the idol isn't found at the reward challenge George doesn't get to attend, so it'll be available for him to find at merge. Really wish production though would just let the votes be revealed in a random order - it's so boring them always pulling out the votes of the people not going first.
Well said, I thought this as well.
He gets this look on his face which you just want to slap :p
b.jpg

You can just imagine what is going through his mind.. He would be thinking, why are you not agreeing with me??? Why are you having your own thoughts??? This is MY game, you are merely pawns in this television show to make me look good - so why are you even questioning what I have told you is happening??

But to appear like I care what you think I will half smile and appear slightly interested in what ever it is that you are wasting my time with.

And we end up with this ridiculous look that he gives people when they dare challenge anything he says. He really does come across as someone who is so completely up himself to the point where he just sees everyone else as objects that he can use & discard whenever it suits him to achieve his goal. This was evident last night when Stevie was blindsided and George said to the others, "He looks devastated". It was if George could not understand that he just completely burnt someone and destroyed their chance at winning and George just could not see or understand that this person is a person with feelings and not an object. His lack of empathy towards other people is complete.
I get that this is what you do in Survivor to progress the game - you vote people out, but not necessarily the people in your alliance. The way he came to his decision & how he just decided to burn Stevie just appeared so uncaring & without hesitation. To me it appears he has ZERO empathy for other people, they are merely objects he uses and then discards them like used paper towels.

He could turn on Shonee or Liz in a hearbeat like he did to Stevie. He even said that the only reason he needed to compromise with them on this Flick vote was because he needs them to get through merge unscathed.

I suppose he is the ultimate definition of the Survivor motto - Outwit, Outlast, Outplay - he aims to achieve this at ANY cost.

Last edited:
The thing that stuck in my mind about her was that she and Brooke were so smug, and then she betrayed her bestie.
She was a good player but I found her pretty unlikeable.
I prefer to think about it as that she f***** up. Brooke also admitted she would have cut Flick short. Nobody in Survivor is going to give away the prize money to someone because they were besties in the game. Besties means nothing in the game and potentially in life when it comes to that kinda money.

Her error was miscalculating the timing on when to cut her bestie short. And final 4 would have been a great time to do that.

I prefer to think about it as that she f***** up. Brooke also admitted she would have cut Flick short. Nobody in Survivor is going to give away the prize money to someone because they were besties in the game. Besties means nothing in the game and potentially in life when it comes to that kinda money.

Her error was miscalculating the timing on when to cut her bestie short. And final 4 would have been a great time to do that.
I agree her timing was off. It was the right move to make, just not at that time. Had the Saanapu tribe stuck together to remove the aganoa members then Brook would have been a big help in stopping Lee from going on an immunity spree. Brooke almost had it in the bag, but if Flick somehow managed to blindside her whilst also being able to keep Kristie somehow, then she could have won.

I would rather have players like George, scheming and hustling his way through the game by the skin of his teeth, than the physically strong guys who coast through without any need of strategy just by virtue of being alpha males. Those guys are the epitome of smug, and worse, boring. George is infinitely entertaining, whether you love him or loathe him, and the game will be far less lively and controversial when he’s gone.

I would rather have players like George, scheming and hustling his way through the game by the skin of his teeth, than the physically strong guys who coast through without any need of strategy just by virtue of being alpha males. Those guys are the epitome of smug, and worse, boring. George is infinitely entertaining, whether you love him or loathe him, and the game will be far less lively and controversial when he’s gone.
So true, but also George needs meat heads to make his journey to the top palatable with us… Like a tribe of Georges would be way too much!! lol
I suppose he is the ultimate definition of the Survivor motto - Outwit, Outlast, Outplay - he aims to achieve this at ANY cost.
Is this such a bad thing though? He is playing by the survivor rules…. And IMO, more like a theory book on how to play survivor!!

So true, but also George needs meat heads to make his journey to the top palatable with us… Like a tribe of Georges would be way too much!! lol
Haha! Can you imagine that? Completely agree, there needs to be boring beefy guys in the mix. I think this season is so well cast.

I don't mind George in terms for entertainment, I just wish everyone else was given more airtime. He has the most confessionals so far at 70+ whereas David only just got his first one in episode 12.
Absolutely. The airtime is so unfair on many of the players. And it’s not that I don’t think any of the cast are not interesting enough, or don’t have good answers to the producers’ prodding. The problem lies squarely with the producers who like to milk what they consider the best thing to the moon & back!! At the cost of us barely knowing a thing about where the others are generally at.

Back