Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 11

IDOLS ??? Yay or Nay...

• Yes - idols are necessary to stop voting blocks decimating others & make viewing boring.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No - it should be the old original version of the game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - but the idol numbers should be limited to 1 in play per tribe

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes - idols should be as common as coconuts & scattered everywhere

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes - an individual idol should be given to each player at the commencement of the game & no more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes -The George Idol... for players who attract more ratings to keep them in the game longer

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Nina is boring. Only there because who her mother is.
I think she is just getting started. Interesting that her call to action was basically being cornered by Jordie & Liz, though. That was the call to action she needed to wake up out of zombie style gameplay.

Kristy, Sue, Jericho to name a few
I don't know who Sue is! Kristy did not play a lowkey game. I was aware of her and her survival moves all the way through, even if others were not focusing on what she was doing, so I was not surprised by her tribal speech or win. Jericho was a constant presence because he was Luke's offsider. Not my favourite winner, but he was not under the radar or missing from the edit for any substantial chunk of the game like Nina has been.

I don't know who Sue is! Kristy did not play a lowkey game. I was aware of her and her survival moves all the way through, even if others were not focusing on what she was doing, so I was not surprised by her tribal speech or win. Jericho was a constant presence because he was Luke's offsider. Not my favourite winner, but he was not under the radar or missing from the edit for any substantial chunk of the game like Nina has been.
Oops I don’t mean Sue, I mean Shane Gould. I really didn’t think Kristy had much content at all especially before merge. Jericho was present but not seen doing anything other than hanging in Luke’s shadow, who would have thought he had a winner’s edit?

Oops I don’t mean Sue, I mean Shane Gould. I really didn’t think Kristy had much content at all especially before merge. Jericho was present but not seen doing anything other than hanging in Luke’s shadow, who would have thought he had a winner’s edit?
Kristy managed to find her way, whilst being in the bottom of every successive tribe she was placed in, from being voted out. Her whole trajectory was about managing to find a way to survive being voted out at almost every tribal. Shane Gould had a prominent place in the edit from the very first episode of her series. Maybe some discounted her on account of her age. I didn't think Jericho had a winner's edit, but he was present and featured as participating throughout - but Nina, whatever her actual gameplay, has had a dull purple background edit until suddenly getting large confessionals this ep. It may be she finally does something about the meat tray's dominance, but it is not a winner's edit in my view.

Initially I was soooo disappointed that the wooden cookie came out at a Simon-free Tribal, but it looks like we’re going to be gifted with some classic Simon tonight when his tribe finds out. So funny when he said he’s slid so far down the pecking order he’s no longer pecking! Haha!

Nina is boring. Only there because who her mother is.
That, plus they felt sorry for her getting medically evac-ed last time around..

He’s such a sweet guy though, but skittish as anything!

Honestly I thought that Georges decision to throw the challenge was arrogant as hell. Not everyone thinks the same thing though, but knowing Stevie *could* be a wildcard, given the opportunity to “make a move for himself” is obviously a big danger zone for George. So I did not like this move. What made it worse for me is that it appeared that Shonee was on board with it. That *does not wash down well in a jury*. I’m not clear how obvious it was and how much was noticed that Shonee was throwing it, but she should not have blindly followed George on that IMO. Would have at least appreciated a confessional from her on the topic.

So in terms of becoming a winner unfortunately Shonee has gone some steps down with me. Nina on the other hand, has gone all the way up and I could potentially be fully backing her soon. I liked that that new Villains tribe has cracked up in a very unobvious kind of way.
I think that the minority could have really hyped up the fact that George & Shonee purposefully threw the challenge. I bet that back at the beach camp debrief after the challenge if anyone had have pushed George - that he would eventually cave in & his ego is so inflated that he would probably believe he is in such a position of dominance that he could even openly admit to throwing challenges and that no one would hold him to account.

If the minority had have got George or Shonee or both to admit that, they could have really pressured Stevie to possibly flip.. They could have argued that where will George stop? You (Stevie) want to get to the merge, but by George throwing challenges this severely limits your chances of getting there.. Because Stievie you are on the bottom of that 4, so if George keeps throwing challenges (or even if he doesn't) the fact is that you might not be able to win the next 2 or 3 challenges and that means YOU Stevie are now up for the vote ---- they should have pressed this argument and told Stevie, you're now closer to eviction because of George...

Stevie made be laugh saying, why don't we split the vote 3-2. (when there are 4 of them)
This is where I think the George alliance missed an opportunity to cement Stevie in further. They should have asked him who to vote for & gone with his choice, it would have made him feel more a team player than just a number. They could have even said, Yes Stevie we will split the vote - who are you voting for? And then they all vote for that person too, to get the 4 votes they wanted.

IMO Liz's edit is giving me winner vibes. But if a vet is to be the winner it's Shonee. Hayley could also be in contention as could Shaun. I think a Villain is definitely winning according to complex tribe theory. If production had their way a vet would win, but I think Liz is going to come between that. A spice girl is definitely winning this game. I would love for it to be Shonee though. I don't see George making it any further than 4th.

I'll include my unfinished edge chart for those who are into it.

Edgicvvv.png

IMO Liz's edit is giving me winner vibes. But if a vet is to be the winner it's Shonee. Hayley could also be in contention as could Shaun. I think a Villain is definitely winning according to complex tribe theory. If production had their way a vet would win, but I think Liz is going to come between that. A spice girl is definitely winning this game. I would love for it to be Shonee though. I don't see George making it any further than 4th.

I'll include my unfinished edge chart for those who are into it.

View attachment 59535
What do all the codes stand for?

What do all the codes stand for?
The first thing you assign is a rating, i.e the type of edit the person got for the episode

UTR= Under the radar, which means they were irrelevant and not part of the episode or it's major storylines. They're characters who are purposely hidden by the editors.
MOR= Middle of the road, which means they got some airtime, some confessionals but aren't fully complex. They mostly just narrate or are secondary to the main characters in the episodes.
CP= Complex personality, which means we are getting insights into their thinking and what they're doing. They don't just say what they're doing they explain why they're doing it and what they hope it leads to. These characters drive the narrative.
OTT= Over the top, cartoon like, one note and one dimensional. The edit for these characters delivers them presented with one main schtick throughout the episode. George constantly saying "I am the king, I am ruling the tribe" is an example. Think Angela and her obsession with tea in BB2020.

Then the second thing is tone.
P= Positive
N= Negative
M= Mixed
This can be assigned through positive/negative music that plays when a contestant is present. Like when they get letters from home and positive music play. Or when another player is talking about another player through confessional. Like Liz saying she loves Shonee like a sister and misses her on the other tribe. Or when Liz was saying Simon is too selfish to play an idol for her or Jordie.

The last thing is visibility.
1= Not visible at all
2= Slightly visible
3= visible
4=very visible
5=dominates airtime

Last edited:
For me, Liz is just a number for George and Shonee.
There's nothing about her to make her likeable or interesting (and indeed people here barely mention her except in context to Shonee),
I'd be a bit disappointed if she won at this stage (unless she goes full villain mode and blows things up at the end).

This is where I think the George alliance missed an opportunity to cement Stevie in further. They should have asked him who to vote for & gone with his choice, it would have made him feel more a team player than just a number. They could have even said, Yes Stevie we will split the vote - who are you voting for? And then they all vote for that person too, to get the 4 votes they wanted.
But did you see how Gerry was getting exasperated with Stevie (who wouldn’t?) and Shonee gently shushed him and asked Stevie what he thought. Even George was quite inclusive. They know this is the best strategy. And as somebody already pointed out, George is actually a loyal player. He claims to be playing with his head, but he does let emotion influence his decisions, and he’s a fierce defender of his alliance. Stevie hopefully would have recognised this, and for all of his talk of trying to eliminate George, and for all his flightiness and irrational decision making, surely he realises the current alliance is the best bet to get him to merge. I doubt George and Shonee will throw anymore challenges - and let’s not forget, the other team have already done this - because they have a firm majority now, and only two people to pick off, and let’s face it, the other team is stronger in challenges anyway, so that only gives them two losses before they have to start targeting their own alliance.

Last night’s elimination was a pivotal moment for the Heroes team because the George-Shonee alliance at 4-3 couldn’t split the vote in case there was an idol in play (which they thought there was). It was an all or nothing deal, which is why George was sweating it a bit at Tribal. Now that it’s a 4-2 alliance, they can split the vote 3-1 and safeguard against any surprise idols. Another reason they’re sitting pretty and won’t throw anymore challenges. Unless Flick works on Stevie, which could happen. They should have eliminated her while they had the chance.

Last edited:
I doubt George will win, that 60K he won last week signalled as much for me, combine that with appearance fees and he'll do rather well financially, and maybe Channel 10 will sign him up to host a future reality show?
Shonee to me is the likely winner, Nina definitely is a dark horse(although I don't think she's anywhere near as good a player as her mother was).
Tonight's episode should be fun, all Simon!

Stevie made be laugh saying, why don't we split the vote 3-2. (when there are 4 of them)
Probably assumed producers give George two votes.
But did you see how Gerry was getting exasperated with Stevie (who wouldn’t?) and Shonee gently shushed him and asked Stevie what he thought. Even George was quite inclusive. They know this is the best strategy. And as somebody already pointed out, George is actually a loyal player.
George is the biggest bully out there - how he treats Stevie is absolutely disgusting. It's no wonder Stevie wants to punch him.

Agree though with the earlier assessment that George picks one in two to be loyal to on day 1 and remains loyal to them - but he couldn't give a shit about anyone he subsequently pledges loyalty too other than them being a number for them.

Also don't get why the three heroes switched their vote to Gerry. They didn't think George had an idol so they might as well have tried their luck on George anyway. Would have been a disaster if they put three votes on Gerry but Stevie had come through with a vote for George.

Also don't get why the three heroes switched their vote to Gerry. They didn't think George had an idol so they might as well have tried their luck on George anyway. Would have been a disaster if they put three votes on Gerry but Stevie had come through with a vote for George.

Just rewatched the episode. Flick was concerned about the unlikely yet also likely possibly Shonee and/or George could have an idol. Her thinking was if they did have one they’re only playing it for the two of them, insinuating that they perceive Gerry as expendable. Hence why she put the votes onto Gerry as to ensure if there was an idol played, at the very least the two on top would have flushed it and they lose a number who also wasn’t willing to flip over to Flick’s group.

A safe plan, yet the most logical IMO given you can’t be sure about idols. As much as I do not think Flick is skilled at the game, her read is correct. I do not think Shonee or George would be willing to play an idol on Gerry at all.

Probably assumed producers give George two votes.

George is the biggest bully out there - how he treats Stevie is absolutely disgusting. It's no wonder Stevie wants to punch him.

Agree though with the earlier assessment that George picks one in two to be loyal to on day 1 and remains loyal to them - but he couldn't give a shit about anyone he subsequently pledges loyalty too other than them being a number for them.

I can see where you’re coming from, but I think calling George a bully is a bit harsh. Simon also is quite dismissive of Stevie, to the point where he thinks he can be manipulated by whoever flashes him The Triangle of Destiny. Ridiculous. The lack of respect for Stevie is unfortunate (and extends beyond George and Simon), but he is at least in part responsible. Let’s face it, he comes across as dotty and unpredictable. That’s not to say he should be dismissed as a mere pawn, and none of his behaviour is an excuse for rudeness and condescension. As for George, he has a genuine love of the game and is hamming it up to the max. I think he’s very tongue-in-cheek with all of his bluff and bluster (like comparing himself to the deli counter lady - haha) and there’s an awareness that we’re all in on the joke. He does get carried away and run rough shod over other people at times, and he definitely needs to dial that back a bit. But he’s so entertaining and a genuinely good player. I‘m still amazed at how he gets himself into such sticky situations and then manages to hustle himself out of them. I don’t think he’s making it to top two this time, and I don’t think he thinks he is either - he’s got his cheque, plus an extra 60k and loads of attention; he’s having the time of his life.

Back