Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 11

IDOLS ??? Yay or Nay...

• Yes - idols are necessary to stop voting blocks decimating others & make viewing boring.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No - it should be the old original version of the game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - but the idol numbers should be limited to 1 in play per tribe

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes - idols should be as common as coconuts & scattered everywhere

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes - an individual idol should be given to each player at the commencement of the game & no more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes -The George Idol... for players who attract more ratings to keep them in the game longer

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Mr Stickyfingers, love you my friend, remember all those chats we had about Tamara on the Masterchef Australia threads?
Yes, whatever happened to Tamar, that woman George and Gary and Matt seemed to bend over backwards for all the time?
…yes I remember those days my friend… they were fun days indeed!… the added bonus was that instead of just ripping shit out of terrible Tamara there was the added bonus of being able to rip shit out of George (the snivelling little rat) Gary and Matt too lol!… oh happy days!… remember the worst cooking contestant in Masterchef history?… Rose… she was so shit… lol!… cheers.

Meh, fairly boring, run of the mill episode.

The production team must have 2 choices for how to make an episode:
1. Prompt the Survivors for conversations about threats to oust the supposed 'leader' of the majority tribe and edit that to make it look like there is a strong possibility they could be voted out. Do this by suggesting a weak minded player become a possible flipper and edit that to look like they will flip.
2. Rinse & repeat...

Yep, even with Jacqui and Anjali being taken out in a single episode, we're only coming to episode 12 / 24. Merge episode is normally at about 15 / 24, sometimes 14. So maybe Simon will get a second life ? lol
I can see them redoing the exile/purgatory twist again, FML. I'd rather the merge episode just be a shorter non elimination episode and just focus on the relationships. Just like they did in the tribe swap episode in 2016. If Jackie's evacuated means we will have a final 2 instead of final 3 this year, then we'd only need one more non elimination episode in the post merge, I am 100% certain tomorrow is a non elimination. Otherwise if the plan is continue with a final 3 then there needs to be 2 of them. Which means we'll probably have 3-4 fake vote outs and have them all fight for their way back into the competition again. Sigh

I can see them redoing the exile/purgatory twist again, FML. I'd rather the merge episode just be a shorter non elimination episode and just focus on the relationships. Just like they did in the tribe swap episode in 2016. If Jackie's evacuated means we will have a final 2 instead of final 3 this year, then we'd only need one more non elimination episode in the post merge, I am 100% certain tomorrow is a non elimination. Otherwise if the plan is continue with a final 3 then there needs to be 2 of them. Which means we'll probably have 3-4 fake vote outs and have them all fight for their way back into the competition again. Sigh
I suspect it's going to be the latter unfortunately. From a Production point of view, it is great for adding suspense to the show, but unfortunately frustrating for us purists. Also those that get saved have an (unfortunate?) advantage of graciousness for making it through redemption island and tend to do exceptionally well towards the end. That said, I'm glad it was Haley that was saved in Brains V Brawn. But there are a lot of Heroes I'd rather see the end of. haha

Although the EPG seems to suggest the former, final 3's seem to be the trend since last season, and this season's profile matches quite well with Blood Vs Water

Flick is a pretty useless player.
I think she should actually have taken George's 'offer'.
Whether it worked or they voted her out anyway, it would have made iconic television.

George on the other hand is pretty unlikeable, but is so ridiculous that he makes it entertaining.

Mr Stickyfingers, love you my friend, remember all those chats we had about Tamara on the Masterchef Australia threads?
Yes, whatever happened to Tamara, that woman George and Gary and Matt seemed to bend over backwards for all the time?
Ah, Tamara, the producer's pet that season.
415BB2F000000578-4595678-Caught_the_bug_Judge_favourite_Tamara_seemed_to_acquire_Arum_s_d-m-85_1497271102789.jpg

What a lot of these people don't realise and what Shonee correctly realised on day 1 with George, while he is all theatrics, loud and opinionated at times, he is very loyal to his people in both of his seasons. Him and Cara were ride and dies until the Final 4 in Brains v Brawn with her playing an idol for him and him crying over how much it meant to him only for her to get saved by the non elimination, then later in the merge he would find a clue to an idol at Tribal in the voting booth that was secret which he played it for Cara hence blindsiding Laura. He was loyal to Hayley despite losing to her but so glad we had a great final 2 otherwise it's a Flick win and oh god, Flick is really nice but she's not a great strategic player. She would win despite being on the wrong side of the vote the whole merge except the Hayley redemption rock episode but because of that, she had her friends on the jury and she never burnt any of their trust. He has proven once again this season, he is loyal to the spice girls and Gerry, he got Stevie to trust him while blowing up Simon and Jodie's' games. TLDR Ben and a lot of the newbies presumption of George is wrong and Ben of all people should've realised after he was literally voted out at the last tribal he went to before the swap and should've flipped that next tribal and work with the villains and Gerry and he most likely makes merge.

But also feel for Ben as he is a major superfan but happen to get stuck on a tribe who didn't really want to play the game and were in cruise control and only went to 3 tribals before the swap. Plus I don't think he had many allies at all and couldn't get to play the game he wanted to play but those mistakes cost him his game. Be interesting to see what he says in his exit interviews tomorrow about the actual dynamics of Heroes 1.0 tribe as the couple of heroes who have been voted out haven't done any exit press with channel 10 cancelling exit press for Paige and Rogue plus Sharni was sick on the day of her exit interview and they didn't bother rescheduling her.

I feel like we’re due for a non elim soon
The ep they finally get George out I imagine.
Stevie saying George is the guy who walks into a pub and someone wants to punch him in the head made me actually laugh out loud. Haha
Absolutely. Again he was so dismissive of Stevie today refusing to let him get water. Simon never treated him like that.

…so how are the Producers going to stop George going home tonight?… send him to Redemption Island or whatever it’s called?… cheers.
Bringing the fake idol into play no doubt. It would be real had it ended up in George's hands.
George’s entertainment value can’t be denied 😂
About as entertaining as a bad case of crabs.
Benjamin still has his real idol (and the "biscuit" clue like Simon's idol, I guess).
Didn't he play it?
Imo George is a bit overrated. He’s just good at screaming at the camera. I don’t have confidence in him winning any season ever. He can make big flashy moves but he doesn’t respect everyone along the way. He will never win a jury vote.
He is very overrated. His big move this series is getting a newbie out who I don't think even got a VT.

P.S. Nina is getting the winners edit and I'm on board with that. Shonee needs to turn on George to get my respect, but hopefully he'll be gone long before that.

Of the alliances in the game frankly at the moment the Meat Pack deserve the win ATM. Would like to see Matt, Flick, Hayley and Nina (and perhaps Dave) join forces at merge as the big guys inevitably begin to go.

And exhibit 713 on how crap George is at this game - he's not doing anything to put himself in a good position at merge. Other than Gerry he's making no effort at all to get protection from the true heroes of his tribe moving forward - just offering details to keep them safe. Of course though in his mind he's the puppetmaster, not just another puppet.

What I'd love is for George to now leave in the most humiliating way possible, ideally on one vote from either Simon or Stevie because everyone else has played idols.

Well, they lucked out in their evil plans. Stevie is such a loose unit!
He’s such a sweet guy though, but skittish as anything!

Honestly I thought that Georges decision to throw the challenge was arrogant as hell. Not everyone thinks the same thing though, but knowing Stevie *could* be a wildcard, given the opportunity to “make a move for himself” is obviously a big danger zone for George. So I did not like this move. What made it worse for me is that it appeared that Shonee was on board with it. That *does not wash down well in a jury*. I’m not clear how obvious it was and how much was noticed that Shonee was throwing it, but she should not have blindly followed George on that IMO. Would have at least appreciated a confessional from her on the topic.

So in terms of becoming a winner unfortunately Shonee has gone some steps down with me. Nina on the other hand, has gone all the way up and I could potentially be fully backing her soon. I liked that that new Villains tribe has cracked up in a very unobvious kind of way.

In your dreams! She's getting the woke up from her coma edit.
They've had a couple of winners though that barely got a mention until the mid-point of the series. And the fact she's there because of her mother makes the quietness of her edit so far even more noticeable.

They've had a couple of winners though that barely got a mention until the mid-point of the series. And the fact she's there because of her mother makes the quietness of her edit so far even more noticeable.
In the US series, yes. I can't think of an Aus Survivor winner who was edited in that fashion or played such a low key/borderline dead game.

Back