Skip to main content

Survivor Cagayan: Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty

Woo on the brawn team is the prettiest guy there, some of the team qualities are kind of random.

But brawn look like they are going to suicide, never throw anything - haven't you watched?Who are they targeting?

I want Spencer to go far, poor thing has no team and won that challenge.

Is J'tidiot, what's her name, throwing everything on purpose? Does she want to go home, mentally useless, physically useless, socially icky, unco.

J'tia should come with a warning for me. I can't stand her! When she mentioned wanting rice tonight I had to pause the show just to have a big whinge to my hubby about her. She just riles me up, I'm pretty sure I won't like her no matter what she does. I hope the whole group is smart enough to vote her out. I don't want spencer to go. He is my fave in the brain group and think he would have done well if it wasn't for Garrett. Imagine she gets lucky... Gah!

Goodness I agree she is a trainwreck,throwing peoples rice out is such a crappy thing to do.She seems a bit dense

Goodness I agree she is a trainwreck,throwing peoples rice out is such a crappy thing to do.She seems a bit dense

Your last sentence sums it up. I'll add whack job :)

I have to say though, in the second episode she did seem a little more reserved. I think she may have realised her over reaction (I hope)

That was enjoyable, this season is heaps better than the last few.

Love Spenser and Woo.
Can't be merge yet with that crowd can it? Switch up coming possibly?

Love Spenser and Woo.
Yeah it is definitely a tribe switch up. I love Spencer and Woo as well but Woo is just a cool guy, he does not have survivor superstar potential. I can see Spencer turning into a survivor fan favourite and becoming a returnee in a future season. I am so glad there is a tribe switch up because it means Spencer and Morgan have a chance to survive. The beauty tribe is so boring except for Morgan. Morgan is actually a pretty switched on player. She has the potential to go far if she can form a solid alliance after the tribe switch. I am hoping Spencer and Morgan are on the same tribe after the switch up and they team up. Sarah has fallen for Tony's lies and Tony is sitting in a pretty good spot. I am interested to see how the brawn tribes dynamics are mixed up with the tribe switch.

My favourites are Spencer, Morgan, and Tony. I think these 3 have the potential to become returnees. I also like Kass, Tasha, Woo, and Cliff. Sarah is alright but she is such a stupid player. Falling for Tony's lies and thinking of throwing a challenge to get rid of Cliff. That part of her annoys me. At least she is trying to play and she isn't boring. I find the rest boring, especially LJ, Jeremiah, Jefra, and Alexis.

I miss Brice :( Haha.

My fox iq did not tape it! Do they do repeats?

Lots of repeats -

Friday night 1am, GO
Sunday 2pm
Thursday 2.30pm

Lots of fun to watch, Survivor is back to being really good, with some great casting.
Yucky and good yucky to watch are the 2 cops, he is a creep she is a moron.

Go Woo,Cliff,Spenser.
And hope the remaining brains starve/suffer, idiots.

J'idiot - it's like her head and her body are not connected, you would swear she was doing her losing crap on purpose.
She is almost disabled she is so unco, she would be the worst dancer in the world, wouldn't you learn to swim if you were selected for Survivor?

Thanks guys :)

For whatever reason my fox signal was down yesterday. I'm enjoying survivor so far.

Love Spenser and Woo.

Much better because there are no returning players,think we are all pretty much sick to death of returning players

Yeah it is definitely a tribe switch up. I love Spencer and Woo as well but Woo is just a cool guy, he does not have survivor superstar potential. I can see Spencer turning into a survivor fan favourite and becoming a returnee in a future season. I am so glad there is a tribe switch up because it means Spencer and Morgan have a chance to survive. The beauty tribe is so boring except for Morgan. Morgan is actually a pretty switched on player. She has the potential to go far if she can form a solid alliance after the tribe switch. I am hoping Spencer and Morgan are on the same tribe after the switch up and they team up. Sarah has fallen for Tony's lies and Tony is sitting in a pretty good spot. I am interested to see how the brawn tribes dynamics are mixed up with the tribe switch.

My favourites are Spencer, Morgan, and Tony. I think these 3 have the potential to become returnees. I also like Kass, Tasha, Woo, and Cliff. Sarah is alright but she is such a stupid player. Falling for Tony's lies and thinking of throwing a challenge to get rid of Cliff. That part of her annoys me. At least she is trying to play and she isn't boring. I find the rest boring, especially LJ, Jeremiah, Jefra, and Alexis.

I miss Brice :( Haha.

I hope they do a few seasons without returning players,get back to all new seasons instead of just the same players over and over.Can't wait till they switch the tribes around,give poor spencer a fighting chance

I hope they do a few seasons without returning players,get back to all new seasons instead of just the same players over and over.Can't wait till they switch the tribes around,give poor spencer a fighting chance
Oh I agree 100% about no returnee player seasons. New players are always better. I can just see returnee potential in some of these castaways. Season 30 will be an All Star season I am pretty sure of it.

The only returnees I approve of are Boston Rob and Ozzie - and they have been boomeranged enough, but could be used for some kind of guest appearances.
You could win them in a rewards challenge, tee hee - learn how to fish or build a shelter with BR or Ozzie to teach you:)

I skipped that last one, crowded with forgettable or annoying returnees, plus one - yuck how horrible.

They got so lazy casting. Seemed like producers just couldn't be bothered - this cast is pretty good viewing.

I so hope the ones I like buddy up, Woo,Cliff,Spenser. I hope Woo and cliff aren't dumb. Hope Tony gets blindsided soon.

I'm so happy that J'Tia went home! Spencer deserved to stay.

I don't really like any one on the Beauty tribe, though I really wanted to check on LJ's balls after that challenge...

As for Brawn, I don't like Tony, but he's good to watch. He's got two idols! Woo is cute as.

And I really like Spencer from Brains.

Last edited:
As 9 are really fast tracking just hours after USA, it is safe to post all the Survivor extras, and to cat on US forums

EW has a good Survior extra page - http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20354695,00.html

Here is Jeff's interview this week

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First question, Jeff, and this one comes courtesy of Alexis: Does, like, the rooster have to get it on with one of the hens to make eggs?
JEFF PROBST: Given I’m from Kansas, I should know this and I think I do. The answer is no, hens do not need roosters to lay eggs. But I see why so many people think so — it would seem to make sense. But the truth is, hens lay eggs whether there is a rooster around or not. But if you want baby chicks, then you need the rooster to fertilize the egg. Did I get it right?
EW: Bingo! Now, you know me, Jeff: There is nothing in the world I hate more than throwing a challenge. So stupid on so many levels. What is your philosophy on that? And just how bad was the Brains tribe in this immunity competition if the Brawn tribe was TRYING to lose and still couldn’t?
PROBST: I used to think it was always a bad idea to throw a challenge, but I’ve begun to shift my thinking a little bit. I think the key question you must ask yourself is, why are you throwing the challenge? If it’s because you think someone may be a threat later in the game and so you want to get rid of them now while you can, that’s probably a bad idea. But if there is a consensus that losing one specific person would actually make the tribe stronger, then I could see it possibly making sense. My shift in thinking comes from the gray that is slowly growing in my hair. The older I get the more I realize I would only play this game to win. Just win. And there is zero doubt that winning requires the brass to make some bold moves. A good strategic thinker could make a case that losing a specific person was their best move — a big one for sure, but a smart one. But I think the rationale of the brawn tribe was suspect. I think they were just frustrated with each other and wanted to make something happen. It was certainly funny watching a tribe trying to throw a challenge but unable to — because the other tribe was still worse! The brain tribe was awful in that challenge. It was so bad it was kind of funny. I will offer up that when you’re not comfortable in the water, it’s not easy to tread water and swim after odd shaped “balls” and then toss them from the water to another tribe mate waiting on a platform. The challenge was definitely exhausting. But without Spencer they had no chance. Speaking of which, how fun was that final showdown? The former NBA superstar vs the college nerd. It was David and Goliath and I thought David (Spencer) did pretty well!
EW: Tasha and Kass had to choose between keeping someone more likely to be loyal (J’Tia) or someone more likely to help them win challenges (Spencer). The lingering possibility of an impending tribe shake-up — which we then saw in the preview for next week — hung over this decision, but what would you have done?
PROBST: Easiest decision of the game. J’Tia has to go. You throw out my rice, you’re gone. I can’t ever trust you. Never. Trust is key. Yes, Spencer may flip, but flipping is part of the game. But throwing out the rice? I can’t believe they didn’t vote her out last time. Nuts.
EW: Going back to the blindfolded reward challenge, you seemed to have those posts lined up exactly at crotch level for maximum impact. Why do that to those poor bastards, Jeff? And why is watching people get hit in the groin never not funny?
PROBST: Wow, I hadn’t noticed that about the height thing. Hmm… I guess it just musta been a weird coincidence that just happened to play in our favor. You pick up on so many great details. I will make note of it though for next time. Although it might be related to construction — meaning maybe we have to pound the posts into the ground and that’s just the height they have to be at and that height just happens to match the average height of a human’s groin. Now that I think more about it, that’s probably it. As for why it’s always funny, well that’s easy. It dates back to fifth grade when “getting racked” seemed to be a daily occurrence; at least it was for me. It brings back all those great memories. Those were the days….
EW: Okay, tribe switcheroo time! Tease us up for next week, sir!
PROBST: Ah, tribe switches are always so fun. We love doing them randomly so we never know what we’ll get. For one person the switch is just about the worst thing that could happen. That’s when Survivor “luck” really sucks.

Survivor-cast-reveal_612x380.jpg

There are a whole of people I haven't really seen yet, most of the beauty tribe, dreadlocks, etc

Will bring more Jeff interviews

Jeff's earlier interview

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Oh my God! That rain! That wind! Those waterlogged hands and feet! I love it! As a producer, what is that sweet spot of just the right amount of misery you shoot for? On one hand, it’s amazing to see people struggling out in the elements against the force of Mother Nature. But I’m sure you also worry about your players just huddling up under shelter and not doing anything all day because you want them out there doing stuff.
JEFF PROBST: Good question! When it comes to Mother Nature, there is definitely a point of diminishing returns. We were close to that point in Samoa when it rained for something like twenty one straight days. When it gets that bad it not only impacts the Survivors’ health, but also their morale. It also impacts the show, making it hard for us to get from point A to point B and hard to build our challenges. So the sweet spot is probably a good rain storm every few episodes. It’s really quite a balancing act because you want them under constant stress and crisis because that is part of the adventure, but you never want it to crush their spirit.
EW: You make your initial impressions of the contestants as you go through the casting process. Now that they have been playing out there, which contestants at this point totally surprised you in either a positive or negative way? Whom did you have pegged wrong?
PROBST: Well, let me start by saying that I am usually wrong, about a lot of things, but almost always wrong when assessing a Survivor cast. Spencer is probably my biggest turnaround so far. We went at it pretty good during the casting process because he is fun to antagonize and I did tell him that he had “zero point zero” chance of winning this game because he lacked absolutely any social awareness. He grew on me pretty quickly, and I now think he could win this game if he can just find a way out of the massive hole he’s already in with the brain tribe. Kass is another one that I was concerned about. I wasn’t sure she was going to “show up” ready to play. I was wrong. She’s definitely playing. We haven’t gotten to know enough of the other players yet so I’ll withhold my opinion for now. But overall I REALLY like this group. I did from day one. I knew we had a good cast and they are delivering. And let’s not forget I’m playing a game with them too, so sometimes my comments are just that — game play.
EW: So the Beauty alliance of 4 splits their vote to protect against a possible idol (even though LJ had it) and then votes out Brice on the revote. Not to nerd out on voting theory too much, but what would make you more nervous if you were one of those voting in the alliance of four: splitting the vote and therefore making yourself vulnerable if one of your four flips, or not splitting the vote and making yourself vulnerable if an opponent pulls an idol? These are the things that keep me up at night, Jeffrey!
PROBST: Hmm… given that specific scenario I’d be more concerned about not splitting the vote. Idols are just such a crazy wild card and there is no way to predict if someone will play it or not. We’ve seen people hold them to the end to keep as a souvenir — which is super risky — and we’ve seen people play them the moment they think they’re in trouble, and we’ve seen people voted out of of the game with one or even two idols in their possession.
EW: ACK! Nothing causes me to lose it more than a tribe throwing a challenge, and the preview teases we may possibly see that coming up. Tease us up for next week’s episode, sir.
PROBST: Ah, there is so much to tease as it’s another stellar episode. I’m gonna tease not just one but two great challenges! One will make you laugh and then your jaw will drop. One will make you laugh and then scream at your TV. Edge of your seat drama and fun!

And Jeff on some of the cast

Spencer Bledsoe
Student
Brains tribe
“Spencer prides himself on being a superb player of Survivor and understanding human dynamics and game theory,” says Probst. “He and I had many an argument during casting on how Survivor should be played, and he is determined form day 1 to show me he knows what time it is. And I kept reminding him ‘I’m not your enemy! I’m just out there with you.’ But he’s a guy I think the audience is going to root for, and I would not have thought that before day 1. Going into day 1 I thought Spencer would be a guy that people would just generally not like. And I told him that on occasion, that you’re pretty coarse in how you talk to people. But when the game started, I found myself rooting for him and realizing that this was a kid trying to find his way in a game that he really loves. And I think people will really enjoy watching him.”

J’Tia Taylor
Nuclear Engineer
Brains tribe
“J’Tia is a nuclear engineer and wears a shirt that says ‘I love nerds’, and I’m not sure anyone’s gonna feel too comfortable about our future knowing that J’Tia is a nuclear engineer,” says Probst. “Because she gets out there and immediately wants to take over in building a shelter and runs into problems right away.”

David Samson
President of Miami Marlins
Brains tribe
“I was surprised that David could get away from his job while his team was still playing,” says Probst. “But he was definitive in his answer and very to the point: ‘I have it worked out. Next question.’ And that’s how he plays this game. And early on, I ask him, ‘Are you used to making big decisions?’ Because you have to remember nobody knows what he does for a living. And he interrupted me before I could even finish and said, ‘Yes, I make them every day and this will just be another one.’ There is a confidence that a guy like that brings to the game who is dealing with million dollar decisions, probably on an hourly basis, that this game didn’t phase him at all. It doesn’t mean that he will gel well with others. It does mean that he doesn’t get scared off of having to make big decisions.”

Garrett Adelstein
Pro Poker Player
Brains tribe
“Garrett is a professional high stakes poker player, and the guy will give James a run for his money with best body,” says Probst. “He is, underline the word, ripped. He has muscles I’ve never seen on anybody’s body. And he’s really strong. He’s a big guy. And he plays high stakes poker and was valedictorian of his class, considers himself a super brain. But he can think strategy on so many levels. You can argue that he could be put on any of the three tribes. He wouldn’t have any problem being on Brains, Beauty, or Brawn.”

Sarah Lacina & Tony Vlachos
Police Officers
Brawn tribe
“One of the funniest things early on is there are two cops on the same tribe,” says Probst. “Sarah is from Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Tony is from New Jersey. And immediately Sarah goes up to Tony and says, ‘You’re a cop. I know a cop when I see a cop and you’re a cop.’ And Tony goes ‘What are you talking about? I’m not a cop. I work in construction.’ It really does speak to Survivor that here is a woman who based on absolutely no knowledge or information figures out who this guys is, and she’s right, but he tries to convince her she’s wrong. They’re both great characters and they’re very different even though they share the same occupation. And Sarah is also a mixed martial arts fighter. She’s really likable and I think people will take to her early on.”

Morgan McLeod
Ex-NFL Cheerleader
Beauty tribe
“Morgan was a cheerleader and is very confident and is clearly comfortable using her beauty to get what she wants,” says Probst. “And she will tell you that. And she loves the word conceited, but she’s not conceited and wants to make sure you know she’s not. It’s what we were looking for in that beauty tribe — people who really do use their looks to get what they want. And Morgan does, and has, and it works. You see it working out of the gate here. You see either people wanting to work with her because of her looks, or wary of her because of her looks. It’s one or the other depending on your experience with women has been, whether you trust her or not.”

LJ McKanas (Horse Trainer) and Jeremiah Wood (Male Model)
Beauty tribe
“L.J. is sort of a Marlboro man,” says Probst. He’s a horse trainer, has the baseball cap just slightly tilted to the side. And he’s a guy that’s not your traditional beauty in that he’s not a male model. He’s a man’s man — a good looking guy, rides a horse. And then you contrast him with Jeremiah, who is a John Deere male model, worked out on a farm, got discovered by somebody. He says the next thing he knew ‘I was sitting out on a tractor in boots making a lot of money just for how I look.’ What’s interesting about Jeremiah is that he’s not completely comfortable with being a model. He likes it but there’s a part of him that wonders: Is it real? Is it legitimate? What am I doing with my look? And is it enough? Compared to Morgan who is very comfortable with her looks and knows they are an asset, Jeremiah is still getting comfortable with the idea of being a model.”

I finally watched it! Spencer is a machine! He gave it his all in that challenge! My favourite overall.

The only returnees I approve of are Boston Rob and Ozzie - and they have been boomeranged enough, but could be used for some kind of guest appearances.
You could win them in a rewards challenge, tee hee - learn how to fish or build a shelter with BR or Ozzie to teach you:)

I skipped that last one, crowded with forgettable or annoying returnees, plus one - yuck how horrible.

They got so lazy casting. Seemed like producers just couldn't be bothered - this cast is pretty good viewing.

I so hope the ones I like buddy up, Woo,Cliff,Spenser. I hope Woo and cliff aren't dumb. Hope Tony gets blindsided soon.

Okay yes Ozzie he totally deserves to win,you could leave him on that Island come back in a year and he would be thriving

I finally watched it! Spencer is a machine! He gave it his all in that challenge! My favourite overall.
I just watched it too and I'm sooooooo happy they used their brains and kicked J'Tia out instead. She was a write off whereas Spencer's become one of my favourites along with Cliff and Woo. Although Woo kind of me lost me when he joined the let's get rid of Cliff gang but he won me back a bit when he refused to throw the challenge. I still feel like I barely know some of the contestants but hopefully the swap will remedy that.

Back