Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Big Brother will come back at some point!

I know there are no plans for BB to return in the next twelve months. However I would like to see it back. I equally love Sonia as I do Gretel. I think Friday Night Games should return with Bree and Fitzy. They were fabulous and understood the format. Alex Mav had a lot to do with Friday Night Games and I think he was fabulous with his interpretation of the show. I am not saying Nine did a bad job but I do think a change of hands could see a new version flourishing in a different way. I think this show works best with a more human element and a hybrid version of what we have already seen could be good. Beg, borrow and steal from what we already know because it is a popular show. I would also like to see the crew back on BB - creating jobs for Queenslanders etc.

Does production at all ask for any past HM's feedback or opinions in regards to how the show operated, what it missed, etc?

I'm hoping it returns on any channel personally, as I stated earlier, even a sub-channel like One/Eleven/7Mate/73/Go/GEM would work well and could be promoted? What do you think?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading somewhere that it costs $15 million just to have the rights to the show (not including production, broadcast, etc costs) for a three year period.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading somewhere that it costs $15 million just to have the rights to the show (not including production, broadcast, etc costs) for a three year period.

I read an article from the age a while ago saying that TEN payed over $20 million for the rights to the show.

Time is slipping away for Big Brother Australia anyway.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - the moment the compound is demolished, it's gone forever. Dreamworld throws an insane amount of money at the show - and has done since the beginning. This is why it's never moved into a studio-based location like BBUK or BBUSA. The amount of sponsorship money lost would cripple the show potentially to the point where it would probably be guaranteed to be produced at a financial loss.

I think Seven do reality really well. In saying that Ten has come along way with their programming. Anywhere were the network truly loves it would be good.

*cough* The Big Adventure *cough* The Mole *cough*

No I get where you're coming from re: Seven. I feel like they'd be more likely to give it a looser chain than Ten would b/c they've never run with the format.

That being said, I think Seven would struggle with timeslot issues - earliest it could start is 7:30pm and then I think there's even more scheduling issues with Better Homes and Gardens/AFL rights on Friday night. I think the best channel to take it and run with it the nightly episodic way we were spoiled with in the early years is still Channel 10. I think the issue will always be the cost involved though - iirc Ten were in the bidding for it back when Nine secured the rights; they just didn't have the cash.

Could do a low cut down budget version with hand held cameras on SBS
And a presenter who is articulate and has wacky enough dress sense

2F90565100000578-3369944-image-m-4_1450770149876.jpg

"Its time to go........"

Time is slipping away for Big Brother Australia anyway.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - the moment the compound is demolished, it's gone forever. Dreamworld throws an insane amount of money at the show - and has done since the beginning. This is why it's never moved into a studio-based location like BBUK or BBUSA. The amount of sponsorship money lost would cripple the show potentially to the point where it would probably be guaranteed to be produced at a financial loss.

Wonderland is being rebuilt. A perfect place for big brother.

Could do a low cut down budget version with hand held cameras on SBS
And a presenter who is articulate and has wacky enough dress sense

2F90565100000578-3369944-image-m-4_1450770149876.jpg

"Its time to go........"

Yes! SBS!

B2B! Back to basics. They have to learn to crawl before they can walk.

what is this wonderland place? wouldn't they be a bit apprehensive about taking a chance on a twice cancelled show?

It would be interesting to see if a potential alternative location for filming would be the Docklands Studios in Melbourne; working the house ala BB Can (with an indoor simulated backyard, especially given Melbourne's shit weather in winter). They wouldn't be able to get a comparable house size to Dreamworld through any of the sound stages, though; so the only option would be to build a 2-storey house - possibly with upstairs bedrooms or something - in one of the smaller sound stages - possibly 2 or 4?

If they saw the possibility of raising the profile of the studios they could consider it; but I'm not sure they'd willingly depart with one of their sound stages for a permanent fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back