Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn't say this thought out loud because it will probably give them the idea but I could see Nine being desperate enough to bring back Big Brother next year in February to verse I'm A Celebrity. The thing is it will most likely have poor ratings like Australia's Got Talent had this year and with the way Channel Nine have majorly manipulated and treated Big Brother from 2012-2014 I think I will stick (and I am sure other viewers will too) with the superior I'm A Celebrity. And that says a lot about Channel Nine and the way they tainted BB considering Big Brother is/was my favourite show.
Knowing how Channel Nine works they'd probably be far more likely to stick it on against a show aimed at a similar audience rather than during the eight months of the year when there isn't direct competition.

Knowing how Channel Nine works they'd probably be far more likely to stick it on against a show aimed at a similar audience rather than during the eight months of the year when there isn't direct competition.

Sounds like them to a T doesn't it? :laugh:

$ale would be such a good lead in for BB. Heck, you could probably make an appearance on the show a challenge reward (although it would have to include immunity for the length of the run).

Or a half NZ, half AU house - Australia vs New Zealand, broadcast on two continents ?
Imagine if this was combined with the two house twist for a few weeks (with one house on staples depending how they went in the task). Could have been interesting!

So... would the logo take the cliche black/white and green/gold country colours to 'divide' the space? ;)

bbau9-AUvsNZ-logo-mock.jpg

Imagine if this was combined with the two house twist for a few weeks (with one house on staples depending how they went in the task). Could have been interesting!

So... would the logo take the cliche black/white and green/gold country colours to 'divide' the space? ;)

bbau9-auvsnz-logo-mock-jpg.51338
The sad thing is - they could have actually done that.

BB03 aired in New Zealand less than 24 hours after the Australian broadcasts each night, therefore we were able to vote each week. The show was so popular over this way then that TV2 was able to get sponsors for the show that basically covered their cost to the rights to the show - so the money they made from selling the commercial time was 100% profit since TEN/whoever were paying to run the New Zealand voting, and a small percentage of the voting money also went to TV2.

It was always funny that there was ZERO mention of New Zealand being able to vote in those first four years, almost like it was a dirty little secret. They didn't even implicitly reference it - they always had Gretel saying stuff like "Australia, you have voted..." or "Australia, the power is in your hands to...".

I personally think its a good idea. Its not really harming the original consept. I wouldn't personally call it a gimmick.

I just want to watch beautiful and charming Australians locked in a house together. 2013 was awesome.
I'm hoping Australian Survivor will be good.

"Hi Rob At this point in time Channel Seven isn't bringing back Big Brother. Kind Regards Channel Seven Perth"

That leaves only 9 and 10 to bring it back, unless 7 just want to keep it silent.

What you mean the receptionist at seven in Perth didn't know if it was coming back, hard to believe it. Why even post this rubbish, seriously.

It was always funny that there was ZERO mention of New Zealand being able to vote in those first four years, almost like it was a dirty little secret. They didn't even implicitly reference it - they always had Gretel saying stuff like "Australia, you have voted..." or "Australia, the power is in your hands to...".

I could imagine Gretel saying "Australasia, the power is in you hands" making the Australian audience think "WTF is going on here"

It wouldn't have to be Big Brother: Australia vs New Zealand and have it be a battle of the nations, it could just simply be Big Brother Australasia.

I think it would have to be produced by New Zealander's though because I find their incarnations of other global franchises to be better put together.

If we're going to have an international crossover on the Canadian version, why not take Derrick and Frankie to Australia?

No no no...... if Tim and Nikki can learn the American format, then Derrick and Frankie can learn the Australian format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back