Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good show for entertainment. It lacks the social experiment vice IMO. It feels too much like a game rather then a show
Yeah, way more boring and just contestants purely playing the game. Australia's more laid back and fun lmao. Also Alex Mav does do a good job, he has been their from the early days so it's definitely the networks controlling him. Lookout i'm going to get a defamation law suit from channel 9 if I keep going...

Yeah, way more boring and just contestants purely playing the game. Australia's more laid back and fun lmao. Also Alex Mav does do a good job, he has been their from the early days so it's definitely the networks controlling him. Lookout i'm going to get a defamation law suit from channel 9 if I keep going...

For me big brother is about focusing on the contestants personalities rather then their gam tactics. Putting stratigy in the show destroys it's purpose. It goes from being a social experiment to being a game show and that's why I find American BB so incredibly boring and have never once finished a season.

"Hi Rob At this point in time Channel Seven isn't bringing back Big Brother. Kind Regards Channel Seven Perth"

That leaves only 9 and 10 to bring it back, unless 7 just want to keep it silent.
lol.

That confirms nothing. If they are bringing it back, they wouldn't tell you before officially announcing it.

I suspect Nine are looking at the ratings for Reno Rumble now and thinking BB's figures weren't so bad after all - even the poor third C9 season had 50% more viewers than Reno Rumble.

Sadly Nine is the only place I can see it returning as Ten seem to have a pretty full slate now, though if Seven did axe Dancing with the Stars and/or The X Factor that opens up the schedules towards the end of the year. Really though it's quite clear the traditional Ten slot of airing it just after Easter is where it could work best - Seven and Ten may have House Rules (this year at least) and Masterchef but there is a significant audience out there who don't want renovation or cookery.

Nine were dreaming that Reno Rumble would succeed as a standalone show... It's only drawcard last year was that it was previous The Block and House Rules teams competing - and even then it got incredibly boring midway through.

At this point, Nine have re-cycled through every dud show they've aired and axed over the last few years, so surely it must be Big Brother's turn soon. The only thing going against it is that it's not a quickly assembled show - look how quick the turn around on Celebrity Apprentice was from when CBB2015 was canned to when it was on the air four or five months later. There is no way the can manage that with Big Brother.

Nine were dreaming that Reno Rumble would succeed as a standalone show... It's only drawcard last year was that it was previous The Block and House Rules teams competing - and even then it got incredibly boring midway through.

At this point, Nine have re-cycled through every dud show they've aired and axed over the last few years, so surely it must be Big Brother's turn soon. The only thing going against it is that it's not a quickly assembled show - look how quick the turn around on Celebrity Apprentice was from when CBB2015 was canned to when it was on the air four or five months later. There is no way the can manage that with Big Brother.

Yeah that's what sucks... It Seems it's way too late now to do big brother this year unless they did a celebrity edition. I strongly predict Reno rumble will be axed, and celebrity come dine with me will flop. I'm willing to go against the majority here and say the voice will also decline in ratings this year as will the block also. 2016 will be a shit year for NINE. It's already shown in AGT and RR.

W
Yeah that's what sucks... It Seems it's way too late now to do big brother this year unless they did a celebrity edition. I strongly predict Reno rumble will be axed, and celebrity come dine with me will flop. I'm willing to go against the majority here and say the voice will also decline in ratings this year as will the block also. 2016 will be a shit year for NINE. It's already shown in AGT and RR.

Yeah auditions have just passed, i got a facebook memory thing come up from 2 years ago haha, about 2 weeks ago

W

Yeah auditions have just passed, i got a facebook memory thing come up from 2 years ago haha, about 2 weeks ago

Yeah that sucks :/ looks like the only hope of it coming back this year would have to be a short spin off edition like a CELBRITY version. So let's just hope NINE use their brains and realise that Reno rumble is a stupid idea and that BB should be brought back next year

I shouldn't say this thought out loud because it will probably give them the idea but I could see Nine being desperate enough to bring back Big Brother next year in February to verse I'm A Celebrity. The thing is it will most likely have poor ratings like Australia's Got Talent had this year and with the way Channel Nine have majorly manipulated and treated Big Brother from 2012-2014 I think I will stick (and I am sure other viewers will too) with the superior I'm A Celebrity. And that says a lot about Channel Nine and the way they tainted BB considering Big Brother is/was my favourite show.

I shouldn't say this thought out loud because it will probably give them the idea but I could see Nine being desperate enough to bring back Big Brother next year in February to verse I'm A Celebrity. The thing is it will most likely have poor ratings like Australia's Got Talent had this year and with the way Channel Nine have majorly manipulated and treated Big Brother from 2012-2014 I think I will stick (and I am sure other viewers will too) with the superior I'm A Celebrity. And that says a lot about Channel Nine and the way they tainted BB considering Big Brother is/was my favourite show.

If that where to happen, I would happily give up Im a celeb for BB. As much as I love IMA Celeb im willing to give up any show for BB

If that where to happen, I would happily give up Im a celeb for BB. As much as I love IMA Celeb im willing to give up any show for BB

Big Brother is pretty much tainted for me. I'm A Celebrity is my absolute favourite show of the whole year on TV and I wouldn't abandon it for what would most likely be the same old crap Channel Nine version of Big Brother they have produced over the last three years.

I know you love BB so much Zcsund and I do too but I hope Big Brother is dead and buried at least on Nine. Maybe it's time to move on? I would only give it another chance if it were to go back to Ten. I cannot stand the way Nine killed BB off.

Big Brother is pretty much tainted for me. I'm A Celebrity is my absolute favourite show of the whole year on TV and I wouldn't abandon it for what would most likely be the same old crap Channel Nine version of Big Brother they have produced over the last three years.

I know you love BB so much Zcsund and I do too but I hope Big Brother is dead and buried at least on Nine. Maybe it's time to move on? I would only give it another chance if it were to go back to Ten. I cannot stand the way Nine killed BB off.

For me BB is full of Nostalgia as I grew up with it being on my TV whilst my mum watched it religiously. It pains me to accept the potential fact that BB is dead thanks to Nine. But I guess I have to live with it. I honestly would watch it regardless of what chanel its on and how its run. But in the back of my head my mind says its gone for good.

I know that during Big Brother's heyday when it was also airing primetime in New Zealand, there were serious talks about creating a New Zealand version of the show - but filming the entire thing at Dreamworld and using the Australian team because of the lack of anywhere suitable over here. Ultimately nothing came of those plans - from memory it was the limited availability of the compound after the Australian show ended and the Dreamworld house tours ended before the television off-season that killed it.

BB2013 and BB2014 did rate reasonably well when they aired over here - even though they premiered well after the finale had already aired in Australia. Maybe it might be time to hound TV3 NZ to look into developing an NZ version... I could easily see it airing tape delayed on GO! or something and giving Australia voting powers like we had for BB01-04. Might be the next best thing...

I know that during Big Brother's heyday when it was also airing primetime in New Zealand, there were serious talks about creating a New Zealand version of the show - but filming the entire thing at Dreamworld and using the Australian team because of the lack of anywhere suitable over here. Ultimately nothing came of those plans - from memory it was the limited availability of the compound after the Australian show ended and the Dreamworld house tours ended before the television off-season that killed it.

BB2013 and BB2014 did rate reasonably well when they aired over here - even though they premiered well after the finale had already aired in Australia. Maybe it might be time to hound TV3 NZ to look into developing an NZ version... I could easily see it airing tape delayed on GO! or something and giving Australia voting powers like we had for BB01-04. Might be the next best thing...

I'd be happy with a NZ version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back