Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also really strange they took the link down!
Yeah it was, does it mean Channel 7 are dabbling in Big Brother? Now that would be cool

This is true, i was referring to the Finale though, bit weird seeing a drop in 200k viewers. Although i did watch it, and it wasn't an exciting ending at all
Was there another show on the same time as the finale that rated well? I don't actually know when the finale was

This is true, i was referring to the Finale though, bit weird seeing a drop in 200k viewers. Although i did watch it, and it wasn't an exciting ending at all[DOUBLEPOST=1458051166][/DOUBLEPOST]Also really strange they took the link down!

Yeah i wa shocked to be honest. I thought it would easily crack 1 million but guess I was wrong. And yeah it's strange that this link had been going around when we all make a big fuss over it, it suddenly gets pulled down.

Yeah it was, does it mean Channel 7 are dabbling in Big Brother? Now that would be cool

Was there another show on the same time as the finale that rated well? I don't actually know when the finale was

They could possibly be! From memory i don't think any significant shows were on? As i think MKR hasn't started yet, but i could be wrong :)

Yeah i wa shocked to be honest. I thought it would easily crack 1 million but guess I was wrong. And yeah it's strange that this link had been going around when we all make a big fuss over it, it suddenly gets pulled down.

I think some viewers found it hard to connect with celebrities that lost a bit of relevance, with only some of the show and celebrities being appealing. Obviously budget quota for celebs did affect this though.

I thought it was strange too, although i have found the BBAU logo on Endemol Shine's website, i can't remember if it was there before though when it was off air though, if anyone would like to confirm?

I think the BB logo is still there bevasue the contract isn't expired yet. Done anyone actually know what happened when Nine's contract expired in Feb? Did it get resigned or did they JSUT let it expire?

Ahhh okay, i did send off emails to companies but none want to reply, for any reason
Yeah, their Coin Operated response machine probably needs servicing... Or they ran out of coins

I think the BB logo is still there bevasue the contract isn't expired yet. Done anyone actually know what happened when Nine's contract expired in Feb? Did it get resigned or did they JSUT let it expire?
Its vague, but I remember someting about Sonia and a user saying Just let it go, so I'm guessing it was resigned, I'm not sure though, vague info

Why do you guys want it back so badly? tI will only be just as bad, if not worse, than BB2014.

The biggest problem with the Nine-era wasn't Alex Mavroidakis, it was Nine telling production what to do. I refer you to Tim Dormer outright saying it wasn't Alex to blame and the leaked messages that are/were in the staff forum during the BehindBigBrother hack. So it won't suddenly improve in quality compared to the TEN-era. Nine are struggling and if Big Brother were to return, they would be determined to make it work and would interfere with the show even more - because since when has a Nine executive ever made an actually good decision?

Ergo, the show needs to stay dead until Nine finally lets it go so someone else can pick it up.

Why do you guys want it back so badly? tI will only be just as bad, if not worse, than BB2014.

The biggest problem with the Nine-era wasn't Alex Mavroidakis, it was Nine telling production what to do. I refer you to Tim Dormer outright saying it wasn't Alex to blame and the leaked messages that are/were in the staff forum during the BehindBigBrother hack. So it won't suddenly improve in quality compared to the TEN-era. Nine are struggling and if Big Brother were to return, they would be determined to make it work and would interfere with the show even more - because since when has a Nine executive ever made an actually good decision?

Ergo, the show needs to stay dead until Nine finally lets it go so someone else can pick it up.

You never know, NINE might actually use their brains one day and actsully pull off a half decent series. 2012 was pretty similar to TEN BB and 2013 was a big change but it was still very entertaining. 2014 was their only real flop. They could still manage to pull off a decent series and I know they can bevasue they have done it before. I want big brother back purely because I enjoy watching it.

That is true, it was also to family friendly; and they removed realistically what made the show in the first place. But, channel 9 might not even be buying it back, their contract has ended and it is up for grabs. Personally I think BB will be back, this is because there are so many sub-channels now which could air the show, it doesn't need to be on prime time TV, and if it does that good on a sub-channel, then they can always promote the show to main air time. BBAU needs to be utilised with the access we have to streaming and technology now, it should be prospering and if brought back correctly, it more than likely will. Bring back the up-late, uncut, friday night games, and CONSISTENT time slots, it is the type of show that can always attract a new audience, while maintaining a percentage of the old audience.

That is true, it was also to family friendly; and they removed realistically what made the show in the first place. But, channel 9 might not even be buying it back, their contract has ended and it is up for grabs. Personally I think BB will be back, this is because there are so many sub-channels now which could air the show, it doesn't need to be on prime time TV, and if it does that good on a sub-channel, then they can always promote the show to main air time. BBAU needs to be utilised with the access we have to streaming and technology now, it should be prospering and if brought back correctly, it more than likely will. Bring back the up-late, uncut, friday night games, and CONSISTENT time slots, it is the type of show that can always attract a new audience, while maintaining a percentage of the old audience.

I agree. These days there's so many ways to broadcast the show differently. It dosnt need to be on prime time like you said. There's so many streaming networks and devices we can use to watch the show.

As long as they don't get any ideas from BBUS or BBCanada except Live Feeds i'm fine. Idk if its just me but I hate how everything is done. It's cool and refreshing compared to BBAU but idk there's something I don't like to much about it.

As long as they don't get any ideas from BBUS or BBCanada except Live Feeds i'm fine. Idk if its just me but I hate how everything is done. It's cool and refreshing compared to BBAU but idk there's something I don't like to much about it.

It's a good show for entertainment. It lacks the social experiment vice IMO. It feels too much like a game rather then a show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back