Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're going to have an international crossover on the Canadian version, why not take Derrick and Frankie to Australia?

Because Derrick and Frankie were terrible houseguests and were painful enough to watch once.

Because Derrick and Frankie were terrible houseguests and were painful enough to watch once.

Agreed Frankie was already known to members of the general public and Derrick was boring as hell. I don't want anything from American BB to ever physically come I'm contact With Australian BB. I'd rather have another 2014 series then have the USA format or USA housemates here

Frankie was awful but Derrick is one of the best houseguests they ever had - but I guess a Channel 9 audience wouldn't understand strategic game play.

The core US format is much stronger than the international format but I think the international format has had much greater highs - but also much lower lows. BB Canada is so popular (outside Canada at least) because it has that strong core format plus isn't afraid to throw in the big twists, often influenced by successful twists from other countries.

However for a country with the existing format to adopt it fully the timing has to be right. There has been a couple of times in BBUK history when the audience would have accepted it, but that time has probably passed now. I've never felt really the Australian audience would be as willing, and I don't think it would be the format to come back with now.

However that said a hybrid format (which you have kind of had under various guises since FNL was introduced) could work - something similar to BB Brazil where the HoH and HMs nominate and the viewers evict. However I do think BB Australia's best chance of reviving a series is probably going back to basics - once they get the basics right again they can think about changing things up.

I think the basics will work, but as discussed earlier on, a lot of viewers want to see the up late, uncut, 24/7 streaming, friday night games, obviously as well as more clashing housemates

Agree with that except for the friday night games. was never really a big fan of that.
Neither was I. I felt like it only subtracted from what the entire premise of "Big Brother" was supposed to be.

I understand it was a competition between Housemates but the actual show itself was just that. I don't see what FNG had to do with the ultimate social experiment in anyway.

Big Brother is not a physical competition... it's a psychological one.

Neither was I. I felt like it only subtracted from what the entire premise of "Big Brother" was supposed to be.

I understand it was a competition between Housemates but the actual show itself was just that. I don't see what FNG had to do with the ultimate social experiment in anyway.

exactly right! would much rather watch an hour of two housemates talking, revealings things about themselves through body language and hidden words, then watch a bunch of housemates ride a unicycle with a bowl of jelly on their heads!

The idea worked in the sense of the rewards room providing HMs with reprieve from sharing a room with heaps of others, better meals, etc. The chores system was great because it created conflict when HMs were given tasks they didn't like. It was interesting to see how the HMs handled power.

Also I think for the HMs involved it was a fun break from the monotony of day-to-day life in the house.

The idea worked in the sense of the rewards room providing HMs with reprieve from sharing a room with heaps of others, better meals, etc. The chores system was great because it created conflict when HMs were given tasks they didn't like. It was interesting to see how the HMs handled power.

Also I think for the HMs involved it was a fun break from the monotony of day-to-day life in the house.

Oh I remember Vesna being really upset when she was picked to feed the farm animals.

I didn't like the chores being allocated as it was false conflict - much better HMs work these things out themselves and then fall out naturally because people are lazy rather than because they've been allocated roles based on BB's instructions.

Even thouhg Friday night games had nothing to do with the social experiment aspect of the show, it offered a new element to the show. Friday night and everyone who's at home not going wants something fun and exciting on TV. And Friday night light served that purpose. It also offered of big brother to younger viewers. I for one rememeber watching Friday night when I was just starting primary school. To me it's only a positive for the show as it dosnt disrupt the show or format in any huge manner. Someone wins the games and claims some prises and a nominations twist and then it's over.

I enjoyed FNG immensely and I found it added another dynamic for the HMs to conquer.

I've said it before, that it gave them an opportunity to make alliances with others they might NOT have liked or known quite well.

As far as the 'social experiment' goes, it added another element, gave them something to look forward to each week. The excitement of 'leaving' the house for a LARGE arena to have some fun, seemed to generate excitement too and stopped them all becoming boring.

The latter years without it and the attempts to re-create it in the backyard and in a tiny arena didn't have the same impact visually nor on the excitement factor of the HMs themselves.

Just my opinion - I enjoyed it, it was LIVE (another plus), and it added another dynamic for the HMs to deal with.

I think Big Brother will come back at some point!

I know there are no plans for BB to return in the next twelve months. However I would like to see it back. I equally love Sonia as I do Gretel. I think Friday Night Games should return with Bree and Fitzy. They were fabulous and understood the format. Alex Mav had a lot to do with Friday Night Games and I think he was fabulous with his interpretation of the show. I am not saying Nine did a bad job but I do think a change of hands could see a new version flourishing in a different way. I think this show works best with a more human element and a hybrid version of what we have already seen could be good. Beg, borrow and steal from what we already know because it is a popular show. I would also like to see the crew back on BB - creating jobs for Queenslanders etc.

I would like to see BB back, but not on TV.

Stan- part owned by nine and Fairfax. I believe would be a good home for BB.

They could do a live feed, make a new house in a new location and have it more adult orientated.

I would 10000000% get a Stan subscription if they had BB and I would keep it for as long as Stan were making BB.... But alas this is all just a fantasy. Doubt Stan would want to revive BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back