Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Reno Rumble is finally getting the ratings it deserves hopefully Nine are seeing that this point of the year is where Big Brother would fit best and could really work for them. It would probably still be limited to 4 nights a week but if they actually plan the series out they could make that work for them.

Now Reno Rumble is finally getting the ratings it deserves hopefully Nine are seeing that this point of the year is where Big Brother would fit best and could really work for them. It would probably still be limited to 4 nights a week but if they actually plan the series out they could make that work for them.
The good thing about Big Brother is that it is well different from all the other shows. No reno crap, no cooking crap.
-------------------------------------------
Also why is it taking a 1 year break? Kinda weird too haha

Is it to early for networks to start planning scheduling for 2016? Maybe they are considering it for next year.

Lets hope that over a year will give Alex time to come up with original and entertaining twists

This is Big Brother.

I will not be returning this year, but may return in 2016.

:hungry::biggrin::laugh::watching: Finally, something is looking up!

Ch 9 still have the rights to it.

:arghh::frown::muted::sorry: Awww....

But seriously, isn't there a clause in the BB contract that prevents a networking "sitting on it" for more than a year? Or was that a pie in the sky dream...

Ch 9 still have the rights to it.

Really? So they have first option still for 2016? Damn.

It sucks that they are able to sit on it. It is not even worth this year gap if Nine can just pick it up again and pull out another mediocre series.

Personally I think BB will never get better on Nine. I was naively hoping Ten could get a shot at it for sometime in their 2016 schedule.

Anyway thanks for keeping us in the loop as always @Goon. Much appreciated. :):):)

Is it to early for networks to start planning scheduling for 2016? Maybe they are considering it for next year.
I do think Channel 9 quite literally have had a reality check and looking at their performance now they realised rather than squeezing in a 4-6 weeks series at the end of the year they were better off doing a full series, but can't schedule it until next year.

:hungry::biggrin::laugh::watching: Finally, something is looking up!

:arghh::frown::muted::sorry: Awww....

But seriously, isn't there a clause in the BB contract that prevents a networking "sitting on it" for more than a year? Or was that a pie in the sky dream...
They've probably had a year cooling off period, but in the mean time have now renewed for the next series or three - just won't get it on air until next year.

Also some news from Being Big Brother on Twitter:
@beingbigbrother

#BBAU EXCLUSIVE: Channel 9 have started negotiating a renewal which would see the show on air until 2018. On par with #BBUK

2:09 PM - 6 Jun 2015

Wouldn't treat it as much more than a rumour at the moment but Being Big Brother is a site run by a genuine fan who was (and presumably still is) a member here and did contribute a few years ago to the BBUK content we had here.

The only hope is that if Nine are in it for the long run they look back to 2012/13 and ignore the mess that was 2014 in order to move forward. I would definately say delaying the next series until next year is absolutely the right decision.

Last edited:
Also some news from Being Big Brother on Twitter:
I don't fully buy it, as it might be just a click bait to gain more traffic to his twitter. lol. I hope it's true though, this years programming on most channels have been shitty. The block was meh and Masterchef i'm quite enjoying. Not liking much else.

- P.s I hope 'The Hotplate' fails miserably, which would most likely happen with Masterchef competing. -

I don't fully buy it, as it might be just a click bait to gain more traffic to his twitter. lol. I hope it's true though, this years programming on most channels have been shitty. The block was meh and Masterchef i'm quite enjoying. Not liking much else.

- P.s I hope 'The Hotplate' fails miserably, which would most likely happen with Masterchef competing. -

I hope Nine realise that Reno rumble and hot plate where just a waste of time and they should have just put big brother again for another go. I hope that the voice, hot plate and Reno rumble continue to all rate horribly so then nine have no choice but to bring back big brother and realise that they had great potential with big brother on emir programming so yeah rant oger

rant oger

22bd07947a50f2fc4148e550ddb2d3a3525b8c61bdc723c03758a4b57cf3718a_large

I hope Nine realise that Reno rumble and hot plate where just a waste of time and they should have just put big brother again for another go. I hope that the voice, hot plate and Reno rumble continue to all rate horribly so then nine have no choice but to bring back big brother and realise that they had great potential with big brother on emir programming so yeah rant oger
The voice will never get cancelled. It's like one if its biggest revenue makers and highest rated programs in a lot of demographics. But you're other choices, would certainly love them to be gone. The Hot Plate looks so cringe and horrible; and the contestants are typical clashing contestants, with the inclusion of a bitchy gay. P.s I have no problem at all with gay people, just stating the obvious stereotypical bitchy gay most reality tv shows use.

Sorry lol I can't really read properly so I'm always making mistakes when typing[DOUBLEPOST=1433649721][/DOUBLEPOST]
The voice will never get cancelled. It's like one if its biggest revenue makers and highest rated programs in a lot of demographics. But you're other choices, would certainly love them to be gone. The Hot Plate looks so cringe and horrible; and the contestants are typical clashing contestants, with the inclusion of a bitchy gay. P.s I have no problem at all with gay people, just stating the obvious stereotypical bitchy gay most reality tv shows use.

On no don't worry about the gay thing. I'm gay myself and I 100% agree with what your saying about hot plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back