Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

Lucas and Spielberg are raping Indiana Jones... Replace Indiana with BB... Spielberg is Nine... And Lucas is Alex... In other words if BB comes back in 2015 both Nine and Alex will continue the rape of BB...

Yeah I got all that. I am just unclear as to whether you are saying a struggle with a cuddle is a good thing or a bad thing?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh good. I'm glad someone posted this. I saw it the other day but forgot about it.

Full excerpt:

BIG BROTHER (Andrew Backwell, Nine)

“No decision has been made on Big Brother. It’s fair to say I was disappointed with the ratings. It was certainly far from a disaster. Every audience with our shows is demos and as you know our target at Channel Nine is we don’t care about winning All People. It’s all about delivering the demos, it’s what advertisers need. Plus, if you remember, on catch-up online, it did an incredible job.

“It created a lot of revenue for Mi9 and you get so much volume out of it. It was 86 hours or something that we got out of it so it’s very cost effective TV. It’s not a cheap show but when you get so much content out of it, it makes the cost-per-hour cost effective. So that’s why we haven’t cut it loose. We’re still considering it.

“There’s still time for us to get it up for the last quarter, but only just. So we have to make a call on it very shortly and that all comes down to crunching the numbers with the audience it delivers, with the revenue it delivers, and with the amount of content, and just to see if it’s viable for us.

“What I think is worth seeing is if we can get it across our primary channel and one of our multi channels such as GO! So you can have some daily shows on GO! some events on Nine.

“So you’d have to look at having your eviction shows and your nomination shows on Nine to make it viable and then push that young audience to GO! for the daily shows. And I’m thinking that, if we could make it financially work, which is the big key to it, it would rate through the roof on GO! because you’ve got a dedicated bunch of fans. You’ve probably got 400,000 or 500,000 fans that will watch it whether it’s on Nine or GO!”

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/02/tvs-unanswered-questions-shows-in-limbo.html

Not ruling it in, but not ruling it out. I would be VERY surprised if they rule it back in.

That's not true... BB ratings had been in decline since the turkey slap... The 2007 launch was the lowest rated launch to date and likely one of the lowest rated finales as it was only seen by 1.78 million... BB being axed the first time around was more that just a single hiccup...
Yes but 2007 still managed to average at 1.07 million viewers. Do not forget that that year was the first to not include an uncut program so that might have been a key thing to remember about 2007's decrease in ratings. If 2007 was deemed unsuccessful then it would not have been renewed in 2008. The producers had also stated that they where happy with how 2007 preformed.

If they were so happy with it, why was the show re-tooled within an inch of it's life the following year? Hmmm....
Im just saying in my opinion I thought 2007 was a good year. It was the turkey slap that really stuffed it but it was the 2008 seriees that killed it in the first place

Im just saying in my opinion I thought 2007 was a good year. It was the turkey slap that really stuffed it but it was the 2008 seriees that killed it in the first place
2008 killed it partly because of the massive changes. Now why did those changes come about? The issues from 2007 which stemmed from the Turkey slap.

Let's be honest here is the show really worth saving at this point??? The grass is always greener... While there is a slim chance a move might bring about a few minor improvements it will likely be business as usual... If they did work with Peter Abbott again his creative ability could be put to better use...

In my opinion I think it's worth a chance on Network Ten. There is a fresh, youthful, less contrived feel on their shows compared to the Seven and Nine Networks. BB will probably never live up and go back to its glory days and I think expecting the show to be like those days again is unrealistic but I really enjoy the original concept of the show and I think it could evolve into something different and interesting if done right.

Ten are different and for some reason know how to do Reality TV best. They really are the only ones that can do Big Brother in this country.

The later years of BB on Ten were not the best but they were a whole lot better than the stuff we have gotten from the Nine era. I would take another season of a later Ten series of BB then a Nine one.

If Ten did revive BB they really should get Peter Abbott to oversee the production of the show since they have him doing "I'm A Celebrity" anyway. I'm not sure he would want to go back to BB but getting his insight and feedback from him could really help the show get revived properly.

Ten are different and for some reason know how to do Reality TV best.

If your statement is the god honest truth then where are all these awesome reality shows the network are producing? Their last breakout hit was MasterChef in 2009... And the last series was only averaging a viewership of around 600,000...

If your statement is the god honest truth then where are all these awesome reality shows the network are producing? Their last breakout hit was MasterChef in 2009... And the last series was only averaging a viewership of around 600,000...
Are you trying to say that ratings are directly related to quality?

Prior to BB05, that area wasn't used (other than the 2001-2002 launches). The backyard feels so much smaller because of the space lost to the kitchen, pool, gym, laundry area and the area by the door into the house.

Yes, I realize that prior to 2003 much of the area outside the walls was unused. But how many times have we seen new housemates say how small the yard looks in relation to what they thought from watching the show. Even the mothers who visited the house late in 2006 while Camilla, Jamie, Max and David were having a date with BB in the diary room said "how small it looks".

So what I am saying is "EXPAND THE YARD"!!!!! If you are not going to use the space as part of the house, OPEN IT UP. If you look at all of the overhead shots prior to the seasons and even on Google Earth, most of the old games area and even the space beyond that is just used as storage (or a big pile of junk). Clean it up and let the housemates run and play or give the girls more area to sunbake!!

Wow it is like a series of unfortunate events was the cause for BB getting the axe on Ten...:playful: :joyful: :tongue:

True, True, True. However, you have to realize that at the root of our dilemma is the entertainment industry and the political left and their horror of "political correctness"!! If you "just might" offend someone, then it must be BAD!!! Only "just might" is enough to set them running. But they fail to take into account shows like Saturday Night Live which has offended everyone at one time or another and it still draws millions of fans!!

No they have to get a blurb in the news about how they did something to clean up TV to make themselves more popular. It has nothing to do with entertainment or drawing more viewers.

Yes the Turkey slap by John and Ashley on Camilla was wrong (at 01:30 at night) Camilla said stop and they did!! Why was that fact not put more in the front? They respected a girl enough to stop when she said stop!! And nothing (or very little) was said about Michael in 2005 when he did the same thing in broad daylight to Michelle. Yes I realize Michael was a bit weird and John and Ashley were more clean-cut. But my point is that the incident garnered more publicity both for and against the show than they had had in years!!

Publicity in all of its forms can be the source of viewer numbers as well as sponsorship dollars...

"Quality" really is a matter of opinion and extremely subjective... We don't have universal metrics we can use to gauge "quality" in the context you are suing it...
That's almost exactly my point. Lucas can say he thinks ten does reality best. He didn't say they made reality TV with the highest ratings :)

True, True, True. However, you have to realize that at the root of our dilemma is the entertainment industry and the political left and their horror of "political correctness"!! If you "just might" offend someone, then it must be BAD!!! Only "just might" is enough to set them running. But they fail to take into account shows like Saturday Night Live which has offended everyone at one time or another and it still draws millions of fans!!

No they have to get a blurb in the news about how they did something to clean up TV to make themselves more popular. It has nothing to do with entertainment or drawing more viewers.

Yes the Turkey slap by John and Ashley on Camilla was wrong (at 01:30 at night) Camilla said stop and they did!! Why was that fact not put more in the front? They respected a girl enough to stop when she said stop!! And nothing (or very little) was said about Michael in 2005 when he did the same thing in broad daylight to Michelle. Yes I realize Michael was a bit weird and John and Ashley were more clean-cut. But my point is that the incident garnered more publicity both for and against the show than they had had in years!!

Publicity in all of its forms can be the source of viewer numbers as well as sponsorship dollars...
YES! Could not agree more!

Back