Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

And you know this how? You are all the way in Canada and I think the Aussies here would have more of a grasp of how our TV business works. Unless you have some kind of proof you have connections with the show? I think we all will have to wait for @Goon to be able to reveal the future of BB.

Yes it's unlikely that BB wont be back on Ten until at least 2016 but no one except the people in the biz know exactly what the contract entails.

And please don't call people f*******s and wish for people to get hit by cars. That is just rude and distasteful.

Really @Lucas? You want to change your story now? It was only in November you were the one who posted this...
27xh2xd.jpg

True... I have been long enough to know that sometimes you can't participate in a discussion or debate or even to see logic and reason.

you prefer #facts

my mistake... oops... carry on

So channel ten's new mystery show will be Big Brother? That sounds exciting! I hope they do better with it then channel nine have!

...this might just be me rabbiting on about shit so take this all with the grain of salt that it is intended to be... but!... (this is going to be a marathon read believe me but please persevere with it)...

...as far as I'm concerned Channel 9 knew that it wasn't going to renew it's Big brother contract of 3 years before it even started last year... therefore it cut out nearly all avenues of us actually having the chance to enjoy it with Live feed etc etc etc... their website for Big Brother was total shit... you couldn't even have proper profiles of the housemates as you had in the previous 2 years just as one example...

...they shifted the starting times of the show... they cut out some shows altogether... they didn't care if the ratings were sliding... they didn't listen to any fans of the show on this or any other websites on what we wanted to see in the show... changes... changes... changes... more airtime etc etc... they just didn't care!... they presented to us contrived story lines... showed us gob-smacking previews which were as lame as shit that never came to fruition... they treated us viewers with total contempt!...

...why would you say that you ask?... well... I believe that after the second season... (what with sliding ratings etc)... Channel 9 decided that after the second so-so rating series that they would deliberately let Big Brother die a slow natural death that would give them the excuse that they wanted to finally kill off the show...by doing this they were ... (in effect)... killing off any chance of somebody like Channel 10 picking it up after them and trying to make a run of it on their channel as a possible success...

...now remember... Peter Abbott... (the original producer of Big Brother on Channel 10)... is now doing 'I'm a celebrity get me the fuck outta here'... that is doing quite well as of late in the ratings... Channel 9 would be aware of that big time!... if they let the contract go now and then Channel 10 picked it up for themselves Peter Abbott would probably take the whole show back to it's grass roots as he has done with 'I'm a Celeb'... he would turn Big brother back into the ratings juggernaut that it used to be... Channel 9 would die a thousand deaths if that actually happened!...

...Channel 9 in the past year have intentionally and systematically brought Big Brother to it's knees and has made it a mere shadow of it's former self... I will never forgive them for that!... I pray that Channel 10 rise to the occasion and buy the rights back and restore Big Brother back to it's former glory and give us back out magnificent Big Brother that we all grew to love and cherish under the direction of our lord and king Peter Abbott!...

...Channel 9 would be fearing that... look... I don't even care if we don't see a series of Big brother this year if it means that we forfeit that for a complete channel swap... it needs to happen... Channel 9 will always treat us with contempt with this show... you know what?... it wouldn't even surprise me if they bought it 3 years ago just so that it couldn't be picked up by Channel 10 or whoever just so that it couldn't have had a chance at getting good ratings against their own shows!... (if something is a threat... try to bribe them or buy them out type of thing)...

...yes I know that I'm spouting shit... yes I know that it's never going to happen... yes I know that it may return to Channel 9 yet again and we get treated like shit by them again but I can dream can't I?... I'm not asking too much am I??... hey... I felt good writing all of that dribble but now I feel cleansed... if only my dream could come true!... cheers.

Really @Lucas? You want to change your story now? It was only in November you were the one who posted this...
27xh2xd.jpg

I am not changing my story.
Big Brother would most likely have a similar contract to AGT but the point of my post was that no one unless you are in the entertainment business would know the exact contract that was signed up. That is why we should wait for @Goon to say something. I also did mention in my last post that it was pretty unlikely Ten would have the rights to air the show this year. Realistically it is not going to Ten this year but stranger things have happened in the world of showbiz.

All I can say is wait for @Goon!

...this might just be me rabbiting on about shit so take this all with the grain of salt that it is intended to be... but!... (this is going to be a marathon read believe me but please persevere with it)...

...as far as I'm concerned Channel 9 knew that it wasn't going to renew it's Big brother contract of 3 years before it even started last year... therefore it cut out nearly all avenues of us actually having the chance to enjoy it with Live feed etc etc etc... their website for Big Brother was total shit... you couldn't even have proper profiles of the housemates as you had in the previous 2 years just as one example...

...they shifted the starting times of the show... they cut out some shows altogether... they didn't care if the ratings were sliding... they didn't listen to any fans of the show on this or any other websites on what we wanted to see in the show... changes... changes... changes... more airtime etc etc... they just didn't care!... they presented to us contrived story lines... showed us gob-smacking previews which were as lame as shit that never came to fruition... they treated us viewers with total contempt!...

...why would you say that you ask?... well... I believe that after the second season... (what with sliding ratings etc)... Channel 9 decided that after the second so-so rating series that they would deliberately let Big Brother die a slow natural death that would give them the excuse that they wanted to finally kill off the show...by doing this they were ... (in effect)... killing off any chance of somebody like Channel 10 picking it up after them and trying to make a run of it on their channel as a possible success...

...now remember... Peter Abbott... (the original producer of Big Brother on Channel 10)... is now doing 'I'm a celebrity get me the fuck outta here'... that is doing quite well as of late in the ratings... Channel 9 would be aware of that big time!... if they let the contract go now and then Channel 10 picked it up for themselves Peter Abbott would probably take the whole show back to it's grass roots as he has done with 'I'm a Celeb'... he would turn Big brother back into the ratings juggernaut that it used to be... Channel 9 would die a thousand deaths if that actually happened!...

...Channel 9 in the past year have intentionally and systematically brought Big Brother to it's knees and has made it a mere shadow of it's former self... I will never forgive them for that!... I pray that Channel 10 rise to the occasion and buy the rights back and restore Big Brother back to it's former glory and give us back out magnificent Big Brother that we all grew to love and cherish under the direction of our lord and king Peter Abbott!...

...Channel 9 would be fearing that... look... I don't even care if we don't see a series of Big brother this year if it means that we forfeit that for a complete channel swap... it needs to happen... Channel 9 will always treat us with contempt with this show... you know what?... it wouldn't even surprise me if they bought it 3 years ago just so that it couldn't be picked up by Channel 10 or whoever just so that it couldn't have had a chance at getting good ratings against their own shows!... (if something is a threat... try to bribe them or buy them out type of thing)...

...yes I know that I'm spouting shit... yes I know that it's never going to happen... yes I know that it may return to Channel 9 yet again and we get treated like shit by them again but I can dream can't I?... I'm not asking too much am I??... hey... I felt good writing all of that dribble but now I feel cleansed... if only my dream could come true!... cheers.

Nine outbid Ten by a few $$$ in September 2011.

6a014e882a9af0970d01a3fcbe2289970b-pi

I am not changing my story.
Big Brother would most likely have a similar contract to AGT but the point of my post was that no one unless you are in the entertainment business would know the exact contract that was signed up. That is why we should wait for @Goon to say something. I also did mention in my last post that it was pretty unlikely Ten would have the rights to air the show this year. Realistically it is not going to Ten this year but stranger things have happened in the world of showbiz.

All I can say is wait for @Goon!

Totally changing your story now... It was only a few posts ago that you said I didn't know what I was talking about... I mean WTF I was quoting information you gave me months ago... And now that I've called you out on it you're backtracking...[DOUBLEPOST=1423807802][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nope, not doing this with you.... Remember I have traffic to walk into...

:rolleyes:

Slide2110.jpg

Totally changing your story now... It was only a few posts ago that you said I didn't know what I was talking about... I mean WTF I was quoting information you gave me months ago... And now that I've called you out on it you're backtracking...[DOUBLEPOST=1423807802][/DOUBLEPOST]

Slide2110.jpg
Bahahahaha....

Totally changing your story now... It was only a few posts ago that you said I didn't know what I was talking about... I mean WTF I was quoting information you gave me months ago... And now that I've called you out on it you're backtracking...

Nope. Just choosing to wait and see what happens.
Back then I was just speculating about BB's contract and what would happen if it was similar to the contract "Australia's Got Talent" had with the Seven Network. I did not claim BB's contract was the same I said that it "might be the same case". Chances are it is the same but I think we will have to wait for clear information to be given to be 100% sure. Nine have not even told us if they are renewing the show for 2015 or not. It is all speculation at the moment. I prefer to keep an open mind before dismissing something.

Back