Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

Oh good. I'm glad someone posted this. I saw it the other day but forgot about it.

Full excerpt:

BIG BROTHER (Andrew Backwell, Nine)

“No decision has been made on Big Brother. It’s fair to say I was disappointed with the ratings. It was certainly far from a disaster. Every audience with our shows is demos and as you know our target at Channel Nine is we don’t care about winning All People. It’s all about delivering the demos, it’s what advertisers need. Plus, if you remember, on catch-up online, it did an incredible job.

“It created a lot of revenue for Mi9 and you get so much volume out of it. It was 86 hours or something that we got out of it so it’s very cost effective TV. It’s not a cheap show but when you get so much content out of it, it makes the cost-per-hour cost effective. So that’s why we haven’t cut it loose. We’re still considering it.

“There’s still time for us to get it up for the last quarter, but only just. So we have to make a call on it very shortly and that all comes down to crunching the numbers with the audience it delivers, with the revenue it delivers, and with the amount of content, and just to see if it’s viable for us.

“What I think is worth seeing is if we can get it across our primary channel and one of our multi channels such as GO! So you can have some daily shows on GO! some events on Nine.

“So you’d have to look at having your eviction shows and your nomination shows on Nine to make it viable and then push that young audience to GO! for the daily shows. And I’m thinking that, if we could make it financially work, which is the big key to it, it would rate through the roof on GO! because you’ve got a dedicated bunch of fans. You’ve probably got 400,000 or 500,000 fans that will watch it whether it’s on Nine or GO!”

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/02/tvs-unanswered-questions-shows-in-limbo.html

They're still not really... "getting it" are they?

If what Andrew Backwell says pans out in regards to Daily Shows airing on GO!, hopefully Nine won't bother trying to pull 'stunts' constantly since they're (hopefully) aware that the "400,000 or 500,000 fans that will watch it whether it’s on Nine or GO!" are the also the fans that aren't watching the show for that stupid shit. And will eventually leave if it continues for a second year in a row.

Things have been a bit turbulent, to say the least.

The 2015 audition interest form located at http://slm-promo.web.sd-svc.net/END0002/bigbrother_auditions2015 is currently offline. It went offline around the turn of the year (Dec 31/Jan 1), but came back online again in January. And now it has been deactivated a second time.

The Big Brother House open times on Dreamworld's site removed the reference for January 2-'late January' sometime in December (indicating that the BB house would not be opening for tours in January at all) but it later was readded (false alarm). Dreamworld has upgraded their website to a new revision (new design and all) and the Big Brother page did exist for a short while, at an all new URL (http://www.dreamworld.com.au/things-to-do/big-brother - 2015 site - instead of http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Big-Brother/Big-Brother.aspx - 2014 site). The 'new' link has been disabled (to coincide with the house no longer being open for tours).

Half expecting a press release either confirming or denying a new season to surface at some point and disappear off the interwebs days or hours later, at this point! o_O

Does anyone want to speculate on what the chances are of BB returning on Channel 10 this year if any? With "I'm a Celebrity get me out of here" copying so many aspects of the old BB including Sunday evictions, intruders ect. ect. it appears to me that they aren't necessarily against the idea.

Does anyone want to speculate on what the chances are of BB returning on Channel 10 this year if any? With "I'm a Celebrity get me out of here" copying so many aspects of the old BB including Sunday evictions, intruders ect. ect. it appears to me that they aren't necessarily against the idea.
Unlikely.

They'll already have the entire year's schedule mapped out, so it would be 2016 at the earliest should Ten re-acquire the show.

NO! And I'll be there to shut down the convo if anyone does...

Unlikely.

They'll already have the entire year's schedule mapped out, so it would be 2016 at the earliest should Ten re-acquire the show.

The contract with Nine won't expire until the end of 2015 or early 2016... It has nothing to do with the schedule being mapped out already... If TEN wanted the show back they'd find room for it...

Ten still have one more show to announce. Saw on TV Tonight that Ten will be announcing what this mystery show is soon....

The contract with Nine won't expire until the end of 2015 or early 2016... It has nothing to do with the schedule being mapped out already... If TEN wanted the show back they'd find room for it...
Where do you get this #fact from ?

Wasn't the talk that they had a three year contract.... that would be over.
They may have first option, but I doubt they still have the contract. I don't know for sure... I don't have #facts like you! :p

Where do you get this #fact from ?

Wasn't the talk that they had a three year contract.... that would be over.
They may have first option, but I doubt they still have the contract. I don't know for sure... I don't have #facts like you! :p

Right here fucktard... Now go play in traffic...

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/10/what-new-era-big-brother.html

2gtdxkx.jpg

Don't backtrack now... If that wasn't you intention... Then why did you go dragging TEN's "mystery show" in to a discussion about BB? Seems pretty obvious to me... Now like I told @bleachy_dude... Go play in traffic...
Really? You want me to get hit by a car? God you're a charmer.

I brought up ten's mystery show because it could be a BB knock off... With I'm a celeb copying lots of things from BB, to me it seems possible and rison said ten had already announced their schedule for the year, I was also just pointing out that they still have one more show to announce.

You're such a charmer.

Unfortunately for you... that does NOT say they hold the contract to 2016. That's just David saying he doesn't expect to see anything until then.

You've been a member here since 2005 and you're just learning that now? As many members here will tell you I'm actually a pretty decent guy... However if you want to come at me like that of course I'm going to "charm" the shit out of you... As for David Knox's comments it's pretty obvious what he's saying there... If there wasn't something keeping the show at Nine until 2016 it would be fair game for any other network to pick it up... It wouldn't take TEN a year and half to throw something together... I mean Nine announced their revival in September and the show went to air in August of the following year... And if anyone knew anything about whether or not a move to TEN was plausible it would be him...

Really? You want me to get hit by a car? God you're a charmer.

I brought up ten's mystery show because it could be a BB knock off... With I'm a celeb copying lots of things from BB, to me it seems possible and rison said ten had already announced their schedule for the year, I was also just pointing out that they still have one more show to announce.

58711_10152148378275221_2005841619_n.jpg

And you know this how? You are all the way in Canada and I think the Aussies here would have more of a grasp of how our TV business works. Unless you have some kind of proof you have connections with the show? I think we all will have to wait for @Goon to be able to reveal the future of BB.

Yes it's unlikely that BB wont be back on Ten until at least 2016 but no one except the people in the biz know exactly what the contract entails.

And please don't call people f*******s and wish for people to get hit by cars. That is just rude and distasteful.

You've been a member here since 2005 and you're just learning that now? As many members here will tell you I'm actually a pretty decent guy... However if you want to come at me like that of course I'm going to "charm" the shit out of you... As for David Knox's comments it's pretty obvious what he's saying there... If there wasn't something keeping the show at Nine until 2016 it would be fair game for any other network to pick it up... It wouldn't take TEN a year and half to throw something together... I mean Nine announced their revival in September and the show went to air in August of the following year... And if anyone knew anything about whether or not a move to TEN was plausible it would be him...

58711_10152148378275221_2005841619_n.jpg
Ha!
You claim to be a "pretty decent guy".
Bahaha.... Funniest sentence I've read on this forum all year.[DOUBLEPOST=1423806704][/DOUBLEPOST]
They aren't "copying lots of things from BB" from what I've seen "I'm a Celebrity" is merely a carbon copy of the British format...
I'm talking about the "evictions" .... Etc...

Back