Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

How DARE you. I'm still upset it was cancelled.

Its ok, Im sure there is still hope it will come back......
CherylLaugh.gif

In a perfect world:
Nine dumps BBAU, Ten picks it up and uses some contractual obligation to force Peter Abbot on it.

Let's be honest here is the show really worth saving at this point??? The grass is always greener... While there is a slim chance a move might bring about a few minor improvements it will likely be business as usual... If they did work with Peter Abbott again his creative ability could be put to better use...

The same thing always happens with channel Nine. The show rates well then after 2-3 years it just gets smashed in the ratings. The Block was revived in 2010 and from then till 2014 it was easily ratings over 1.1 Million at the least daily. Auctions where scoring almost 3 million viewers. Now this years has failed to score the magic million. The Voice started out with over 3 million people watching Carrise Eden win. Last year only 1.5 Million watched Anja win. Now it brings me to Big Brother. Back on Ten it was scoring between 1.07-1.7 Million on average from series 1-7. Ten had one hiccup and they axed it. 4 Million people watched Reggie win and only just under 800,000 people watched Ryan win. Nine has failed to yet score a series average over 1.04 Million. Obviously like most people have already stated, Nine is only keeping Big Brother for strategic purposes. They don't want 10 buying it back because they know that Ten will bring it back to its old format and they know easily double the amount of the fans of the block would watch the old Big Brother. I really feel for Ten. Shows like The Biggest Loser and Masterchef also did well but have recently lost a major amount of ratings. I do believe if Big Brother was back home on Ten then reality Tv may have a fighting chance on surving. In my personal opion I look at Nine and think of family shows. Not reality. Ten has three quarters covered of reality this year. All three shows may help Ten pull between 600,000-800,000. However Big Brother would be a major hit back on Ten. Ten really is the perfect channel for reality. That's all I have to say

My prediction: Nine rests BB this year and bring it back in 2016 in a different quarter however with the same 2014 format. They wont care that only 200,000 will watch their shitty BB.

Let's be honest here is the show really worth saving at this point??? The grass is always greener... While there is a slim chance a move might bring about a few minor improvements it will likely be business as usual... If they did work with Peter Abbott again his creative ability could be put to better use...
I don't see it as "the grass is always greener" if only because one of the messages TheHulk shared with us was one that involved a message from Mavroidakis to Tim saying that Nine was pretty much to blame for the suck. So elsewhere, it could really prosper again - but whether Nine have damaged the show permanently in the public's eye is a different story...

The same thing always happens with channel Nine. The show rates well then after 2-3 years it just gets smashed in the ratings. The Block was revived in 2010 and from then till 2014 it was easily ratings over 1.1 Million at the least daily. Auctions where scoring almost 3 million viewers. Now this years has failed to score the magic million. The Voice started out with over 3 million people watching Carrise Eden win. Last year only 1.5 Million watched Anja win. Now it brings me to Big Brother. Back on Ten it was scoring between 1.07-1.7 Million on average from series 1-7. Ten had one hiccup and they axed it. 4 Million people watched Reggie win and only just under 800,000 people watched Ryan win. Nine has failed to yet score a series average over 1.04 Million. Obviously like most people have already stated, Nine is only keeping Big Brother for strategic purposes. They don't want 10 buying it back because they know that Ten will bring it back to its old format and they know easily double the amount of the fans of the block would watch the old Big Brother. I really feel for Ten. Shows like The Biggest Loser and Masterchef also did well but have recently lost a major amount of ratings. I do believe if Big Brother was back home on Ten then reality Tv may have a fighting chance on surving. In my personal opion I look at Nine and think of family shows. Not reality. Ten has three quarters covered of reality this year. All three shows may help Ten pull between 600,000-800,000. However Big Brother would be a major hit back on Ten. Ten really is the perfect channel for reality. That's all I have to say
335.gif

You can't really compare TV ratings from early 2000's to the rating in the early 10's. VERY different landscape.

You can't really compare TV ratings from early 2000's to the rating in the early 10's. VERY different landscape.
I guess you do have a point. But my point is that if BB was back on Ten it may be able to easily get more ratings then it does on Nine

I guess you do have a point. But my point is that if BB was back on Ten it may be able to easily get more ratings then it does on Nine

Possibly. Ten may have a bit of a resurgence this year, but nobody has been watching ten for the last couple of years.

It would all come down to how it's marketed and executed too. The general Australian public's perception of anything even remotely labelled "Big Brother" nowadays isn't exactly positive unfortunately.

It's a compliment. Just take it. :p
Fai
Possibly. Ten may have a bit of a resurgence this year, but nobody has been watching ten for the last couple of years.[/QUOI
It would all come down to how it's marketed and executed too. The general Australian public's perception of anything even remotely labelled "Big Brother" nowadays isn't exactly positive unfortunately.
Again that is unfortunately true

I don't see it as "the grass is always greener" if only because one of the messages TheHulk shared with us was one that involved a message from Mavroidakis to Tim saying that Nine was to blame for the suck. So elsewhere, it could really prosper again - but whether Nine have damaged the show permanently in the public's eye is a different story...

Just because Alex says that doesn't actually mean it's true... We will never know what the revival would have looked like if Alex had the creative control he wanted and we don't know how all of the pieces came together for what we actually got... Also judging by some of the statements he's made in the past I'm inclined to believe that Alex shares just as much fault in BB's failure as Nine does...

As for Channel 10 when the show was under their control it was only marginally better to begin with... I'd say most of the problems under Nine were just a continuation/a result of problems that began under Channel 10!!! So of course this is a situation where "the grass is greener"...

I mean Nine's revival was supposed to restore the show to its former glory and we all had high expectations... Now look where we're at... Also seven years later Channel 10 is in the hands of a different group of people and who's to say where they sit in regards to what they want and what direction they want to see BB go... I can almost certainly say that a return to Channel 10 would not mean an automatic revert to the old ways of doing things...

I have no idea how Peter Abbott ended up producing "I'm a Celebrity..." and I'm really not sure if the fact that he ended up with the job is any indication that the powers that be at the network actually know what they are doing...

Ten had one hiccup and they axed it.

That's not true... BB ratings had been in decline since the turkey slap... The 2007 launch was the lowest rated launch to date and likely one of the lowest rated finales as it was only seen by 1.78 million... BB being axed the first time around was more that just a single hiccup...

Lucas and Spielberg are raping Indiana Jones... Replace Indiana with BB... Spielberg is Nine... And Lucas is Alex... In other words if BB comes back in 2015 both Nine and Alex will continue the rape of BB...
This is the best fucking post of 2015 so far. :hilarious:

Back