Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

Omg really? I ddint know that. So when they launched BBAU1-2 and we saw housemates evicted and leave that was the area where the played the games.
Indeed. The doors to the right of the BBQ in the 2014 house was were the original eviction doors were.

If the show does come back in 2015 I'm 100% sure this is how it's going to go...

tumblr_m2el3671hN1rnaz59o1_r1_500.gif

If the show does come back in 2015 I'm 100% sure this is how it's going to go...

tumblr_m2el3671hN1rnaz59o1_r1_500.gif
:eek: Kingston, ma man! I have missed you.

But in all seriousness, now that Channel 10 has launched I'm A Celebrity, and it's actually doing relatively well, Channel 9 should be ashamed of themselves with how they handled Big Brother. If it doesn't return this year, I'm not too sure I'll be completely disappointed tbh.

Last Night, The Block rated 683,000 viewers. Big Brother was getting slightly less than this in a later timeslot

Last Night, The Block rated 683,000 viewers. Big Brother was getting slightly less than this in a later timeslot
This is still officially 'off-ratings' season, and although I have stopped watching I presume they still aren't at the actual Block yet. Will be interesting to see what happens next week when ratings officially start and I presume they start the Block proper.

The Block is getting killed this time around.

It's brought in the worst numbers since Nine brought the show back in 2010. Just compared to last week, last night was down 28% in viewers, down 15% in 25-54, down 13% in 18-49 and down 8% in 16-39. It's barely averaged over 800,000 viewers overall so far.

It gets even worse when you compare it to Fans vs Faves' start last year.

But in all seriousness, now that Channel 10 has launched I'm A Celebrity, and it's actually doing relatively well, Channel 9 should be ashamed of themselves with how they handled Big Brother. If it doesn't return this year, I'm not too sure I'll be completely disappointed tbh.

I know a lot of people would be like "it's better than nothing at all" but I really don't want Big Brother to return to Channel Nine ever. The show doesn't suit their image at all and they have been treating it like crap from day one. They don't get the point of the format at all. They should let it go and hopefully Network Ten would be interested in picking it up. Ten have done a great job with "I'm A Celebrity" so far and I'm sure Big Brother would improve dramatically on there.

Ten could have I'm A Celebrity at the start of the year then MasterChef then Biggest Loser then return Big Brother to finish the year off. I think that would be a great and a stable yearly schedule for Ten.

Anyway Nine announce your decision already. Grow some balls! :p
:thumbsup: Serves them right.

I watch absolutely nothing on Channel Nine. I mean nothing. Zilch. I can't stand them and their "personalities". :sick:

I know a lot of people would be like "it's better than nothing at all" but I really don't want Big Brother to return to Channel Nine ever. The show doesn't suit their image at all and they have been treating it like crap from day one. They don't get the point of the format at all. They should let it go and hopefully Network Ten would be interested in picking it up. Ten have done a great job with "I'm A Celebrity" so far and I'm sure Big Brother would improve dramatically on there.

Ten could have I'm A Celebrity at the start of the year then MasterChef then Biggest Loser then return Big Brother to finish the year off. I think that would be a great and a stable yearly schedule for Ten.

Anyway Nine announce your decision already. Grow some balls! :p

:thumbsup: Serves them right.

I watch absolutely nothing on Channel Nine. I mean nothing. Zilch. I can't stand them and their "personalities". :sick:
Ten does do reality right tbh

In a perfect world:
Nine dumps BBAU, Ten picks it up and uses some contractual obligation to force Peter Abbot on it.
(I may of forgotten "the shire" in my previous post)

Back at ya!

In all honesty "I'm a Celebrity" really isn't a viable BB replacement... It's essentially just a bit of fluff Channel 10 are using to win a few ratings... I've made several attempts at watching a few of the British series, both of the American versions and the first few episodes of the Australian series... Basically a lot of the entertainment factor comes from the trials and the fact that the public decide who faces them... Camp life is really just a few clips of the celebs goofing off, half naked celebs in the shower, and narration that fills a gap between the inane ramblings of the hosts and the trials... I find there really isn't a continuing storyline and it lacks a lot of the same depth you traditionally get in the BB environment. I find I struggle to form a personal connection to the celebs outside of what I already know of them and who I'd like to see have the shit scared out of them...

As for BB in all honesty the show should never have been revived in the first place if the network wasn't prepared to take risks... That being said I think the show had already reached its creative peak years before it was revived... And years of mistreatment under previous regimes had left the show damaged beyond repair...

Now seems like a great time for Channel 10 to take a risk and launch a retooled version of the format under a new name... It's pretty clear Nine are really only holding on to the rights to BB as a backup plan... Come the end of the year if they feel like they want to slap something together they will and if not they've got programing that will fill in the gap... It's exactly what happened with Australian Idol... The only reason Idol wasn't revived down the road had to do with Seven jumping on The X Factor to take it's place... And lets be honest here Idol and X Factor are essentially the same show with some minor tweaks... There is no reason Channel 10 couldn't do the same thing with BB...

Back