Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

Nine outbid Ten by a few $$$ in September 2011.

...that's right Lucas... that was kind of my point about when I wrote...

you know what?... it wouldn't even surprise me if they bought it 3 years ago just so that it couldn't be picked up by Channel 10 or whoever just so that it couldn't have had a chance at getting good ratings against their own shows!... (if something is a threat... try to bribe them or buy them out type of thing)...

...Channel 9 would do that... it's just plain business sense on their part as far as I'm concerned... they would've out-bidded... (is that a word even?)... any other Channel showing interest in it just to stop them having it... that's business!... so... because they were 'stuck' with Big Brother they would've just thrown a crap show together and dished it up to us poor suckers that loved the show so much just to show that they didn't buy the rights to it just to shut it down as competition... when the ratings started to slide in the first year they would've just slowly killed it off to what we got served up with in it's third year as far as I'm concerned!...

...maybe I'm just a bitter cynic that is disgruntled with the trashy shit that passed as 'Big brother' for the past 3 years or just maybe I'm onto something?... it could be that I'm a cranky old fart having a total whinge?... who knows?... it felt good saying it all... as I said... I now feel cleansed!... lol!... cheers.

Oh and I think we have until at least March/April until we find out if Nine are going to renew Big Brother for another season. Auditions are normally done around that time of year. If nothing gets announced by then we can assume the show won't be going ahead.

We should have our answer by then unless Nine wants to put us out of our misery and reveal their plans. Or maybe Ten's mystery show is Big Brother and we will find out at the end of this month! @reepbot :biggrin:

Nope. Just choosing to wait and see what happens.
Back then I was just speculating about BB's contract and what would happen if it was similar to the contract "Australia's Got Talent" had with the Seven Network. I did not claim BB's contract was the same I said that it "might be the same case". Chances are it is the same but I think we will have to wait for clear information to be given to be 100% sure. Nine have not even told us if they are renewing the show for 2015 or not. It is all speculation at the moment. I prefer to keep an open mind before dismissing something.

I don't believe I've slammed down the #FACT stamp on anything I've said today... However it's pretty obvious that if BB is going to air anywhere in 2015 it will be on Nine... Even then the signs aren't looking good...

Blog_stamp_white.jpg

...haha!... I had to go to the 'Urban Dictionary' to know what the hell that meant... (which is)...

tl;dr
Literally, "Too long; didn't read"

Said whenever a nerd makes a post that is too long to bother reading.
"omg you postwench. i can only say one thing in response - tl;dr"
"tl;dr...why dont you give up on your unabridged edition of War and Peace or at least stop posting it here?"

...but in all fairness to me Kingston I did write at the beginning...

...this might just be me rabbiting on about shit so take this all with the grain of salt that it is intended to be... but!... (this is going to be a marathon read believe me but please persevere with it)...

...lol!... but point taken lol!... cheers.

All I saw was a block of writing...

...hahaha!... so did I when I posted it!... it wasn't anything of too much importance... just me carrying on like a pork chop and baring my soul... the same old same old shit that I spout on about at any other time but an extended version lol!... but it's good therapy for me if nothing else... (it saves me heaps of money in having to go to a shrink!)... cheers.:)

Since we are all hell bent on FACTS in this thread today PROVE IT!

Well the problem is you don't deal with facts. you take what you THINK or read some speculation and call it facts....

In any case., this is DEFINITELY not a fact, but you would probably say it is

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/09/big-brother-secrets-to-air-on-nine-in-2012.html

TEN is believed to have to bid on the new series, but Nine is said to have signed the deal today.

Yes, believed... so can you go back to the earlier post about the contract ending late 2015 and then actually find a fact for that? Not just presuming they have the contract to the end of 2015 because David said not to expect to see it on TV before 2016

I'm not taking either side on this, but just let me say:

Just because Big Brother on Nine was announced in September 2011, doesn't mean that's when the contract was signed and planning began. All that means is that was when Nine announced it. Things could have secretly been in the planning stages for months.

The only facts we know right now is that it can't be shopped to anyone else until Nine executes it's "first dibs" option (or until the contract expires - a date we do not know), and that a decision has not yet been made. Everything else is speculation/educated guesses/whatever.

Yes, believed... so can you go back to the earlier post about the contract ending late 2015 and then actually find a fact for that? Not just presuming they have the contract to the end of 2015 because David said not to expect to see it on TV before 2016

David says in a pretty matter of fact way... "Don't expect anything before 2016" It doesn't sound to me like he's speculating... David has been pretty accurate in the past and if he's saying 2016 it's not just speculation... Also not once did I stamp FACT on anything I've written today...

David says in a pretty matter of fact way... "Don't expect anything before 2016" It doesn't sound to me like he's speculating... David has been pretty accurate in the past and if he's saying 2016 it's not just speculation... Also not once did I stamp FACT on anything I've written today...
Yes but thats not even what I am asking. Can you not see that David could be saying that for other reasons other than Nine having the contract until the end of 2015? Maybe because Ten have already locked in their 2015 schedule!?!? or one of many other reasons too.

All my point is... we do not know if Nine still holds the contract or not, there is no fact or proof here. At this point all we know is that David doesn't expect to see it until 2016. Yes, you can SPECULATE on what David means, but can't know for fact.

Yes, you haven't stamped 'facts,' I guess it just sounded like you were making a factual statement when you said...

The contract with Nine won't expire until the end of 2015 or early 2016... It has nothing to do with the schedule being mapped out already... If TEN wanted the show back they'd find room for it...

That's when I asked if you knew this for fact, which you obviously don't. You're just speculating along with the best of us :)

Just because Big Brother on Nine was announced in September 2011, doesn't mean that's when the contract was signed and planning began.

Any idiot could have figured that out... And who is to say that backdoor negotiations aren't going on for a return to TEN? All I was getting at is when it comes to actual production work it really doesn't take long to get stuff done... I mean Nine snapped up AGT pretty fast as well and logistically BB isn't much different... If TEN were able to snatch BB for 2015 they would have...

Yes but thats not even what I am asking. Can you not see that David could be saying that for other reasons other than Nine having the contract until the end of 2015? Maybe because Ten have already locked in their 2015 schedule!?!? or one of many other reasons too.

All my point is... we do not know if Nine still holds the contract or not, there is no fact or proof here. At this point all we know is that David doesn't expect to see it until 2016. Yes, you can SPECULATE on what David means, but can't know for fact.

Yes, you haven't stamped 'facts,' I guess it just sounded like you were making a factual statement when you said...

That's when I asked if you knew this for fact, which you obviously don't. You're just speculating along with the best of us :)

It's TV... Schedules are NEVER 100% locked-in... Contracts on the other hand usually are...

Or maybe Ten's mystery show is Big Brother
That'd be amazing, but I doubt it.

I'd love to know, when to expect Big Brother back on Telly! Even if it's next year, I'm a Celeb is pretty good and has a lot of "Big Brothery" vibes.

Back