Skip to main content

So... Back In 2014?

I really, really hope it's back next year - not only because I love the show, but because I'll be old enough to apply for the first time in 2014. It would suck to have that opportunity ripped out from under my feet.

Yeah just what we need- more kids on the show

I think it'll do enough for a third series - yes, it's below the magic million mark but so are most shows at the moment and with Big Brother it's as much about hours as it is viewers. Nine in theory could drop it and focus on Australia's Got Talent but even if they expanded that over a couple of nights it still leaves them with 5-6 hours of TV to fill a week.

"Kids" who grew up watching the show ;)
You'd be surprised, contrary to all the oldies nagging on here that the cast is too young, at how much the casting discriminates against anyone under the age of 21. I think Bradley was the only person to fit that category with this year and last year's housemates combined, and that was because he had a strong gimmick.

You'd be surprised, contrary to all the oldies nagging on here that the cast is too young, at how much the casting discriminates against anyone under the age of 21. I think Bradley was the only person to fit that category with this year and last year's housemates combined, and that was because he had a strong gimmick.

fair point, [MENTION=29859]Febeheh[/MENTION] . It could be to due to the whole "family friendly" image (or that the 18/19-year-olds applying aren't worldly/experienced enough at first glance?). If it is the former, I can see them loosening a little on that stance next year given the progression they're beginning to make now in terms of HS content and Late Night Feast stuff..

you think the the under 21s are being ingnored? How about the over 30s!

unless channel 9 is desperate for those 10-17 year old viewers, BB is gone.

Think of it like this. Sharron was the first evicted and she qas the oldest. i can remember saying before the launch that i wouldn't like sharron. so i was right.

Think of it like this. Sharron was the first evicted and she qas the oldest. i can remember saying before the launch that i wouldn't like sharron. so i was right.

She was deliberately edited to look bad.

They made the oldest housemate look boring on PURPOSE.

Alex M has screwed the show

unless channel 9 is desperate for those 10-17 year old viewers, BB is gone.

It's doing the best in 16-39 demographics. So yes, they'd have to want those demos. Traditionally that demo was all Ten's but no longer.

She was deliberately edited to look bad.

They made the oldest housemate look boring on PURPOSE.

Alex M has screwed the show

Please - her highlights reel consisted of her doing exercise routines and bitching to Jasmin. She didn't seem like a fun person at all. Editing can only do so much.

On another note, if BB is back next year, what does everyone think the twist will be?

Will they go back to 'relationships'? The only ones we haven't seen yet are a brother/sister pair, a father/daughter, father/son or a mother/son.

Please - her highlights reel consisted of her doing exercise routines and bitching to Jasmin. She didn't seem like a fun person at all. Editing can only do so much.

On another note, if BB is back next year, what does everyone think the twist will be?

Will they go back to 'relationships'? The only ones we haven't seen yet are a brother/sister pair, a father/daughter, father/son or a mother/son.

Don't even mention the word "twist" - that will make the sure better! ;)

the twist will be that they will have grown ups..

They should back to the basics ala 2001. Just make them genuinely truly diverse characters with opposing beliefs and personalities. Then no twists will be needed, we can just sit back and watch the drama play out. This might be easier with live feeds...

They should back to the basics ala 2001. Just make them genuinely truly diverse characters with opposing beliefs and personalities. Then no twists will be needed, we can just sit back and watch the drama play out. This might be easier with live feeds...
I really agree. Sometimes basic is better than stupid twists.

Personally I'd love a series like the first one in terms of format- no twists, no gimmicks- maybe an intruder or two, even a double eviction, the two-point-one-point nominations format and only two in the final. Would be great. But I'm a purist. As a realist I don't think it would rate too well.

Back