Skip to main content

So... Back In 2014?

ABC2 otherwise known as ABC 4 Kids. And SBS2 otherwise known as nobodywatcheschannel??

Sarcasm or not?

Not sarcastic at all, just making a valid point. (Sounds like you've never watched ABC2 after 5pm??) My hope is just that the current format, pitched to a very young (or very dumb) audience - heavily edited, where the primary source of entertainment revolves around the tasks rather than conversation and character development - is replaced with something more interesting, progressive, and adult (and by that I don't mean a shower scene peepshow). I'm so tired of being spoon-fed tiny sugar-coated bites of what could actually be a really good show. The HMs are quite interesting this year. If we actually had a live feed and an Up Late format, some intelligent commentary, and time and space to actually get to know the HMs, it would be a vastly superior show. I think Ch9 is incapable of providing that. I don't know why *all* commercial TV needs to be so dumbed-down and trashy in Australia.

I want ABC2 or SBS2 to pick it up - *then* we'd get a good show!
I don't think that either of those networks would be interested. Basically the concept has become very tired. The show was effectively over 10 years ago in 2003.

Am I the only one loving this season? The only thing wrong with it is that there is nothing on over the weekend and I get BB cravings!

I am absolutely positive it will be back next year!

Am I the only one loving this season? The only thing wrong with it is that there is nothing on over the weekend and I get BB cravings!

I am absolutely positive it will be back next year!

Yeah, it's great a season but ratings are low.

Last edited:
Not sarcastic at all, just making a valid point. (Sounds like you've never watched ABC2 after 5pm??) My hope is just that the current format, pitched to a very young (or very dumb) audience - heavily edited, where the primary source of entertainment revolves around the tasks rather than conversation and character development - is replaced with something more interesting, progressive, and adult (and by that I don't mean a shower scene peepshow). I'm so tired of being spoon-fed tiny sugar-coated bites of what could actually be a really good show. The HMs are quite interesting this year. If we actually had a live feed and an Up Late format, some intelligent commentary, and time and space to actually get to know the HMs, it would be a vastly superior show. I think Ch9 is incapable of providing that. I don't know why *all* commercial TV needs to be so dumbed-down and trashy in Australia.

Your kidding right? both of these channels could not afford the payment to the production company let alone the fact that it wouldn't target their demographic

Your kidding right? both of these channels could not afford the payment to the production company let alone the fact that it wouldn't target their demographic

God, this is getting frustrating... As I said I was **making a point** about the fact that commercial free-to-air TV serves up puerile content, and I think BB would be a better show if produced with a more progressive, less mass-market approach. Perhaps I should get someone from Ch9 to rewrite my comments for me, so they're easier to understand.

God, this is getting frustrating... As I said I was **making a point** about the fact that commercial free-to-air TV serves up puerile content, and I think BB would be a better show if produced with a more progressive, less mass-market approach. Perhaps I should get someone from Ch9 to rewrite my comments for me, so they're easier to understand.

I understood what point you were making. Obviously only a commercial network is able to pay the money to make BB but channels like SBS are more thought provoking. Could you imagine Go Back To Where You Came From on 7,9 or 10? It would be so PC there would be no point to even make the show.

It would be a dream come true if pay TV picked up & had a channel dedicated 24/7 like streaming. They could still do a 7pm nightly show of highlights, evictions, noms etc

I'm also loving this season, it's much better than the last two to have been on Australian TV. I just wish this was reflected in the ratings, then I would be more confident about it coming back next year.

BBUS is awful right now, and BBUK has always been absolute shit besides a couple seasons. I completely agree with Sorceress - this cast is great, the vibe is great, the format is too. The problem is that they don't show enough of the real stuff. A lot of it is gimmicks, and so much of it is (unnecessarily) about Sonia. She needs to tone it down - being the host means facilitating things when required, not having half the show be on you. I don't blame her as I know it's really the producers doing it, but it's frustrating.

The only BB besides BBAU that I like at the moment is the Canada one, but can't really take too much from that as the format is very different like BBUS.

Horses for courses... I can see how BB could be better, however I am enjoying it regardless.

It's an ABSOLUTE pipe dream to think Channel 10 would pick it up next year or any other channel in any time in the foreseeable future, if it fails in the ratings and gets axed this year.

Horses for courses... I can see how BB could be better, however I am enjoying it regardless.

It's an ABSOLUTE pipe dream to think Channel 10 would pick it up next year or any other channel in any time in the foreseeable future, if it fails in the ratings and gets axed this year.

I think Channel 7 should pick it up and Kerri-Anne be the host OR Channel 10 should pick it up and Carrie Bickshaw be the host. They would both make great hosts (in my opinion of course).

It will be back in 2014 on ABC2. A 22 min daily show will be broadcast seven days a week at 15:00.

Remember, everyone is presenting valid points. But the question is.... Will it be back next year. I to am enjoying BBAU this year (much better than last yer), and I think nine may still have a chance.

One more thing.... MOVE EVICTIONS TO SUNDAY! I hope someone at Nine is reading this. Evictions have never been on Mondays and since then they have slipped, not even making the magic Million!

Back