Skip to main content

So... Back In 2014?

AGT is back.... is this a good sign or a bad one? AGT is a shoker in rating and is back, but it was mentioned that is will not compete with The X Factor. So This either comfirms it is back, due to the hole in that timeslot and AGT's rating, or denies it, meaning AGT will be on more nights!?!?!

Verdict....... 87% chance BBAU will live to see 2014. With NZ going to watch it next year this could mean it will be back, because there is no point on airing BBAU in NZ 6 months after the show ends.

I dunno!

NZs getting it??!!!!
How do we know?

I hope it comes back next year. I love my BB. The casting this year has been pretty good. I have a couple of criticisms one is that the Evictions should be moved back to Sunday or Monday. Wednesday evictions are so odd... It's the middle of the week. Another point is no Big Brother on the weekends feels like a long time. Am I the only one who gets disappointed at the end of the Friday show because you know it will be three sleeps to the next show? And my last criticism (constructive of course) is about Late Night Feast. I was glad we got to see a more adult side to the housemates but the party every week got real old fast. It was all contrived - the adult discussions and then the dancing and spa kisses. If they decide to do another adult show next year please make it more like it was in the "uncut" format. I am sure they talk about adult/serious stuff throughout the week.

Ok I had my say. If you are reading This BB producers please take note! :p but thank you for the good points this year and there were many.

Agree with all of this, I haven't gotten used to mid week eviction and don't like them. I'd like to see eviction night on Sunday and noms on Monday the way it used to be. I don't even mind the shorter episode on Fridays and I'd like to see both Uncut and Up Late return as well.

I think its time to put BB to rest it just doesn't have the same appeal it did when 10 ran it
Alex is too interested in doing it to the UK way it just is n't interesting
also the fact that some hm's are being sort from talent agencies isn't helping it
we want real people not some paid actors pretending they auditioned
channel 9 are to afraid to give us shows like uncut because they think it will damage their reputation
To be honest i feel this is the last we'll see of BB given the time cuts the axing of confedencial
and No live feed has really killed it for most fans we need live feed to really see what goes on between shows
switching the evictions to wednesdays has also ruined it
the nominations are badly done in the stupid chamber thing
The weekly tasks apart from the freeze/ release task were really pathetic efforts by the producers
finally move on from casting gays in the show its been done to death Ben was a really yawn worthy hm
he needed to go long before he did :p

I don't share people's obsession with the show going back to Ten. Channel Ten is not what it was in the first half of the 2000s when Big Brother was at it's peak there. It is a complete programing mess and a place where programs go to die. Also I think some people have short memories. It was actually Ten who began the winding back of the adult content, especially post the 2006 turkey slap incident. In 2008 Ten gave us so many stunts that it did not even feel remotely like Big Brother.

I think Nine has done a reasonable job, though I have been critical of scheduling this season. If Big Brother comes back next year, and I believe it will, I would definitely like to see consistent scheduling across the board, with ideally a return to Sunday night evictions and Monday night nominations.

As I've said elsewhere, I think the fact that this season was extended is a pretty good sign that we will see Big Brother again in 2014. Do we know for sure AGT is returning? If so, they will not run it head to head against X Factor again as that has been a disaster for them, unsure what this would mean for scheduling.

This from Wikipedia re New Zealand:

Between 2001 and 2005 it was also shown in New Zealand on TV2 and Prime. It will return to New Zealand screens in 2014 on TV3.

I think if there is a next season the key to BBAU's success is scheduling. AVOID THE X FACTOR AT ANY COSTS. Shorten the length of the daily show to 1 hour like 2012. Give us a LIVE STREAM! Give us an actual watchable adult show. Maybe at some eviction have a live band play or sing like Katy Perry (farfetched but it would appeal seeing as Australia LOVES its talent shows!) And finally give us a promo with lots of colour, seeing as aussies love seeing pretty colours in front of their faces (x factor promo, lol). And finally make us excited!!! SONIA PUT ENERGY INTO YOUR HOSTING!!!

[MENTION=34389]milo-bbau[/MENTION],

Alex has no control over the scheduling of BB, that is Channel 9's decision. Im sure if Alex had control, he would pick a schedule and stick with it for the whole season, not like this years BB all over the place.

Channel 9 buy BB as a PG rating program, so once again its Ch 9 decision.

Have you not read, there will not be a live feed due to all the problems that have arisen from previous BB series.

Once again the BB promos are designed and done by Channel 9, so its out of Alex hands.

Alex can only do so much, so I don't see why people keep blaming Alex.

Ch 9 are the Boss of what happens with BB.

I am sure Alex only wants the best for BB and sometimes, he cant please everyone.

So you can either accept the BB that we have or else, have nothing at all.

Still no confirmation of BB next year, last year, I already knew, but this year, noting is being said.

Well goon in its present format i'd prefer NO BB its just so boring
Alex would have a lot of input into the decision being he was with BB previously
and it was a new concept to 9
My moneys on BB isn't coming back next year if they aren't telling anyone
:eek:

[MENTION=34389]milo-bbau[/MENTION],

Alex has no control over the scheduling of BB, that is Channel 9's decision. Im sure if Alex had control, he would pick a schedule and stick with it for the whole season, not like this years BB all over the place.

Channel 9 buy BB as a PG rating program, so once again its Ch 9 decision.

Have you not read, there will not be a live feed due to all the problems that have arisen from previous BB series.

Once again the BB promos are designed and done by Channel 9, so its out of Alex hands.

Alex can only do so much, so I don't see why people keep blaming Alex.

Ch 9 are the Boss of what happens with BB.

I am sure Alex only wants the best for BB and sometimes, he cant please everyone.

So you can either accept the BB that we have or else, have nothing at all.

Still no confirmation of BB next year, last year, I already knew, but this year, noting is being said.

Yes goon I agree. But Alex has the influence to push all of the things I have thought of and everything else the other posters have been suggesting to Nine. Yes they may say no but it's a thought.

I was only suggesting and asked Alex to take a note of SOME thing that he has control of that I suggested.

Thankyou Goon for putting me right thought.

Although really in the grand scheme of things problems were few and far between. Indeed they can be summed up in two words - "turkey slap" - and I'm not even sure that was a problem caused by the live feed.

There are far more problems the lack of transparency as a result of no live feed throws up.

Although really in the grand scheme of things problems were few and far between. Indeed they can be summed up in two words - "turkey slap" - and I'm not even sure that was a problem caused by the live feed.

There are far more problems the lack of transparency as a result of no live feed throws up.

I agree that the risk of controversy is a poor excuse for not having life feeds.

However, I believe Alex when he says in the 8 years they had them, almost no one watched them. Which makes them not viable financially.

I think if there is a next season the key to BBAU's success is scheduling. AVOID THE X FACTOR AT ANY COSTS. Shorten the length of the daily show to 1 hour like 2012. Give us a LIVE STREAM! Give us an actual watchable adult show. Maybe at some eviction have a live band play or sing like Katy Perry (farfetched but it would appeal seeing as Australia LOVES its talent shows!) And finally give us a promo with lots of colour, seeing as aussies love seeing pretty colours in front of their faces (x factor promo, lol). And finally make us excited!!! SONIA PUT ENERGY INTO YOUR HOSTING!!!

^YES
tumblr_mdhmck8O9M1ryx3a4o1_500.gif

I agree that the risk of controversy is a poor excuse for not having life feeds.

However, I believe Alex when he says in the 8 years they had them, almost no one watched them. Which makes them not viable financially.

Yeah but the speed of the internet nowadays is much better, so the feed quality should be much greater.

Back