Skip to main content

So... Back In 2014?

NEARLY SEASON END!!!!! It will be back next year. I cant wait to 'fake plan' it. NO MORE 'biggest twist in history!' I liked 2012's thing. Id like to see it grow up more to. Less of Boog pissing on Tims peas and more actual conversation!

I'm reasonably confident it will come back, but will be a lot happier when we hear something official. Ratings have held up pretty well, and the show has continued to perform well in the key demos. It's never going to pull the sorts of viewers that the successful talent shows pull, because it does not appeal as much to older demos as say X Factor or the Voice. I've seen references for example to dancing with the stars on here, yes it does ok in total people, but that show does skew very old, look at how it goes in the key demos, not so well. Also, I think it's pretty unlikely that Nine will go again with Australia's Got Talent, so that'll be another hole in their schedule.

If Big Brother does return again, I hope the scheduling is more consistant, I do think scheduling has hurt the show this year. I can't agree with some of the suggestions above re bringing back vote to evict, all that used to do was mean the removal of the bigger personalities from the start and encouraged housemates to stay under the radar. Remember Gretel always used to say, "vote for the house you want to watch, not the house you want to live in"? For that exact reason.

In the last two weeks Nine have removed an hour of the show from their schedule (30 minutes taken away from Tuesday, and Confidential has been canceled). Hardly a good sign.

I hope it comes back next year. I love my BB. The casting this year has been pretty good. I have a couple of criticisms one is that the Evictions should be moved back to Sunday or Monday. Wednesday evictions are so odd... It's the middle of the week. Another point is no Big Brother on the weekends feels like a long time. Am I the only one who gets disappointed at the end of the Friday show because you know it will be three sleeps to the next show? And my last criticism (constructive of course) is about Late Night Feast. I was glad we got to see a more adult side to the housemates but the party every week got real old fast. It was all contrived - the adult discussions and then the dancing and spa kisses. If they decide to do another adult show next year please make it more like it was in the "uncut" format. I am sure they talk about adult/serious stuff throughout the week.

Ok I had my say. If you are reading This BB producers please take note! :p but thank you for the good points this year and there were many.

In the last two weeks Nine have removed an hour of the show from their schedule (30 minutes taken away from Tuesday, and Confidential has been canceled). Hardly a good sign.

The same 'last two weeks' that came about because Nine EXTENDED the season. Hardly a BAD sign.

No Official announcement has made at this time and when I asked the Question, I got told Big Brother will get back to me.

So nothing Official yet.

Yes, BB will be back in '14...it will have a cast of houso's, with the main characters being Shazza, Dazza, Gazza and Bazza...AVO's will be its main theme...

AGT is back.... is this a good sign or a bad one? AGT is a shoker in rating and is back, but it was mentioned that is will not compete with The X Factor. So This either comfirms it is back, due to the hole in that timeslot and AGT's rating, or denies it, meaning AGT will be on more nights!?!?!

Verdict....... 87% chance BBAU will live to see 2014. With NZ going to watch it next year this could mean it will be back, because there is no point on airing BBAU in NZ 6 months after the show ends.

I dunno!

They should do what we do in the UK and play the AGT live shows out on consecutive nights over a week - indeed Nine need something to fill the time between the end of BB and the end of the ratings season.

It Should Go Back To Channel 10. This Years HMs Were Great But Channel 9 Producers Sucked

I say Channel 9 can keep it on 3 conditions - they return Uncut, Up Late, and a genuine live feed. Otherwise they can bugger off. Hey maybe SBS could take it...

SBS ALL THE WAY! Lol, I hope to see that little channel 10 logo in the center of the eye! That would be nice. BB11 Will come! Just please no dancing, weve got dancing with the stars and soon so you think you can dance for that. or 'huge twists'. When haven't we had one of those.

I hope it's not back. Aside from the mostly wonderful people on the forum I don't think it fills my brain with anything of value, and it just reinforces a lot of the concerns I have about human beings in general.

Once I start and I get into a series (like now) I can't seem to tune out from it!!!! If it comes back next year I will aim to avoid it completely.

Verdict....... 87% chance BBAU will live to see 2014. With NZ going to watch it next year this could mean it will be back, because there is no point on airing BBAU in NZ 6 months after the show ends.
The NZ airing is a VERY good sign. When it previously aired here from 2001-2004, TVNZ contributed financially to cover some production costs and in return, we were able to vote for Evictions - a fact that was never mentioned on the show by the way, it was always "Australia has decided" when it wasn't just Australia voting...

Anyway, if it's a tentative agreement to air 2014 should it happen, then it will increase the chances of it returning because it means the show won't cost Nine as much to produce.

Back