Skip to main content

Skye smiling/laughing through Remembrance day ceremony

I think you can be a staunch pacifist and still respectfully remember the dead without glorifying war on Remembrance Day. It never crosses my mind to think of war as anything except needless and wasteful. Anyway, I don't think Skye's attitude had anything to do with some anti-imperialist comment - I'd put it down to ignorance and disrespect. I don't buy immaturity as a reason. People of any age can be respectful and compassionate, and high school history covers the basics of the major wars, so age isn't an excuse.

I'm 99% sure they didn't show that image posted before in the footage for WA just then. I was looking carefully cuz I read about it before, and yeah, I definitely didn't see that. Makes me kinda curious if they edited it for the other states after everyone made a big deal about it ?_?

I'm 99% sure they didn't show that image posted before in the footage for WA just then. I was looking carefully cuz I read about it before, and yeah, I definitely didn't see that. Makes me kinda curious if they edited it for the other states after everyone made a big deal about it ?_?
It wasnt removed it was so brief and barely noticeable, a freeze frame so those obsessed can obsess some more

Yes I saw that too and she was definitely smiling, was waiting for a close up of her face when they did the other housemates but it never came.
We've all done this since 5 or 6 years old in school. At that age it may be hard to contain yourself but c'mon, people gotta stop using "she's young" or "she's only 20" excuse. Some of her behaviour is more akin to that of a poorly disciplined 15 year old.

I think you can be a staunch pacifist and still respectfully remember the dead without glorifying war on Remembrance Day. It never crosses my mind to think of war as anything except needless and wasteful. Anyway, I don't think Skye's attitude had anything to do with some anti-imperialist comment - I'd put it down to ignorance and disrespect. I don't buy immaturity as a reason. People of any age can be respectful and compassionate, and high school history covers the basics of the major wars, so age isn't an excuse.
Imagine for a moment that any casual expression that crosses your face could be analysed and insulted by a pack of aggravated people obsessed with anything you do that could be deemed negative. For their own reasons they do not like you and you are judged. Imagine you are just a young woman playing a difficult game the best you can, you are not perfect you are flawed, you have not fully understood who you are or how you operate in the world and you give a game which exposes that a go. You want to win and you believe in having a positive vision of winning. You are wise enough to share your thoughts in the diary room often hoping that it will increase your chances of winning. (remember the tim show last year) You are surrounded by cameras and mirrors at a time in your life when you are self conscious anyway. You are not stupid and you know you look ok most of the time but oh is your hair right now, what does your ass look like today. just imagine that just an expression that crossed your face and you might be well anything that can be thought up

Anybody else notice this? And I also noticed that there was no close up of her during the ceremony like there was the other HMs.

Would have been a very bad look for her and another case of producer favouritism?

Closest photo I could find so far and looks like others on FB agree

10486322_900221499997315_5383196755390907042_o.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1415713768][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anybody else notice this? And I also noticed that there was no close up of her during the ceremony like there was the other HMs.

Would have been a very bad look for her and another case of producer favouritism?

Closest photo I could find so far and looks like others on FB agree
Imagine for a moment that any casual expression that crosses your face could be analysed and insulted by a pack of aggravated people obsessed with anything you do that could be deemed negative. For their own reasons they do not like you and you are judged. Imagine you are just a young woman playing a difficult game the best you can, you are not perfect you are flawed, you have not fully understood who you are or how you operate in the world and you give a game which exposes that a go. You want to win and you believe in having a positive vision of winning. You are wise enough to share your thoughts in the diary room often hoping that it will increase your chances of winning. (remember the tim show last year) You are surrounded by cameras and mirrors at a time in your life when you are self conscious anyway. You are not stupid and you know you look ok most of the time but oh is your hair right now, what does your ass look like today. just imagine that just an expression that crossed your face and you might be well anything that can be thought up
10486322_900221499997315_5383196755390907042_o.jpg

I think you people are over thinking it, she was probably smiling because she had to stand still and was more aware of cameras being on her. It's like how people smile in interviews after witnessing something awful it's just a reflex it's nothing to be shocked by. Wow she smiled she's such a terrible person -_- it's not like she was twerking to it

Yeah, imagine that. It's called BigBrother, a TV show she tried very hard to get on and stay on. She knew exactly what she was up for and she loves the attention. She's not there under duress, she can leave at any time.

I'm getting pretty sick on hearing the "she's only 20" all over this forum and Facebook and on TV. (Just generally, not directing this at anyone in particular) It might work if it was "she's only 12" but she's not, she's 20 and 20 is not a juvenile. She is not a child, she is a spoiled ill-mannered adult and has been an adult for years. There were plenty of 20 year olds and younger men who died so she can stand there today and giggle at their memory. Is she wants to play with the grow ups then she should play by grown up rules. She needs a kick up the arse for her disreect today. She can do lots of stuff but disrespecting our ANZACS and all of the others who died is stepping over the line. Everyone else inderstood and behaved appropriately but she couldn't suck it up for one minute? Sixty seconds? I cannot even find words for my disgust in her giggling during their service. I wouldn't have thought that one minutes respectful silence per year was too much to ask of anyone, not even Skye.

Wow, just wow. One freeze frame. She could have been grimacing at the thought of those who perished, or, Tom may have farted.

Considering how much we complain about editing, and not seeing enough, it's hard to say this "evidence" describes ANYTHING.

For all we know, it could have been footage from just before they started, but with audio from later - which I've noticed them do this year and other years.

If somebody has a nervous laugh or grin during a stressful or solemn moment, I can forgive them.

Heck, when I go to the dentist, I get the giggles, despite hating what the dentist is doing or about to do.

FFS.

Yeah, imagine that. It's called BigBrother, a TV show she tried very hard to get on and stay on. She knew exactly what she was up for and she loves the attention. She's not there under duress, she can leave at any time.

I'm getting pretty sick on hearing the "she's only 20" all over this forum and Facebook and on TV. (Just generally, not directing this at anyone in particular) It might work if it was "she's only 12" but she's not, she's 20 and 20 is not a juvenile. She is not a child, she is a spoiled ill-mannered adult and has been an adult for years. There were plenty of 20 year olds and younger men who died so she can stand there today and giggle at their memory. Is she wants to play with the grow ups then she should play by grown up rules. She needs a kick up the arse for her disreect today. She can do lots of stuff but disrespecting our ANZACS and all of the others who died is stepping over the line. Everyone else inderstood and behaved appropriately but she couldn't suck it up for one minute? Sixty seconds? I cannot even find words for my disgust in her giggling during their service. I wouldn't have thought that one minutes respectful silence per year was too much to ask of anyone, not even Skye.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I did notice that too (that she was smiling and laughing). I thought to myself that it was disrespectful and seemed a bit immature. I also noticed they didn't show a close up of her and was thinking it was probably because she was laughing because otherwise, wouldn't they have shown a close up of her? It seems as though she is always getting more air time than the others.

I did notice that too (that she was smiling and laughing). I thought to myself that it was disrespectful and seemed a bit immature. I also noticed they didn't show a close up of her and was thinking it was probably because she was laughing because otherwise, wouldn't they have shown a close up of her? It seems as though she is always getting more air time than the others.
I have a feeling that she will win and I am okay with that because I don't have a favorite, I just wish she was not such an attention seeking fame whore.

Def noticed Skye smiling and laughing at some point. I am by no means a fan of Skye
nor trying to defend her. But maybe Tom or Priya farted?

Once again, pathetic excuses for someone who is so self obsessed and absorbed that they cannot spare one solemn minute out of their own ego to think and pay respect to the sacrifices of others. Or at least have the decency to act it. Age and naivety is no excuse.

Yet she cried when actors called her the queen of the Gold Coast.

Not a deserving winner in my books.

Back