Skip to main content

Skye smiling/laughing through Remembrance day ceremony

I actually have more than a minutes silence for all the wars that Australia has been involved in.

And I actually stood up again when the HM's had their minutes silence.

And I always have the minute's silence too, I actually hurried someone off the phone at work so I didn't miss it.
I just think a lot of people are using it as an excuse to take it to the next level of vitriol and I'm not even a Skye fan as such.

I call BS on this. The accusation is just an excuse for another anti-Skye hate thread. If Skye had shed a tear during the minute's silence some people here would still complain.

It's interesting, the way Australia treats and remembers its armed forces and war dead, and the unreal expectations of how we must act. Every person in the public eye must wear a poppy or behave a certain way, or else they face shrill accusations of being unAustralian or insensitive or unpatriotic. In Australia our governments use the war dead as a propaganda tool to maintain support for our armed services, and a complicit and compliant media reinforces it. I'll remember the fallen in my own way, thanks very much.

You get no argument from me.

Maybe no member of Skye's family fought in WWI or WWII or Korea or Vietnam, why the minute silence had no resonance for her?

Maybe no member of Skye's family fought in WWI or WWII or Korea or Vietnam, why the minute silence had no resonance for her?

The minute silence on 11/11, just like Anzac Day events are an institution regardless. I am not in any way a fan of hers, in fact more to the contrary, but I think she just had an unfortunate giggle attack at a seemingly inappropriate time.

Anybody else notice this? And I also noticed that there was no close up of her during the ceremony like there was the other HMs.

Would have been a very bad look for her and another case of producer favouritism?

Closest photo I could find so far and looks like others on FB agree

10486322_900221499997315_5383196755390907042_o.jpg
Totally agree, she may be young, but she is not 9 years old, she's 20. Even high school kids show more respect!!!

I am not into Skye at all, hence not even trying to makes excuses for her... but I have to admit, at funerals I have had giggle fits and it was not due to disrespect of the deceased but because something happened to make me laugh at the time. Sure the girl is a PITA most of the time IMO, but as it's been pointed out.. something may have happened to cause the giggles. It's not like she was doing a Snidley Whiplash style MUHAAAAA throughout the minute.

^AGREE. for me: funerals, meetings, over the phone, walking through crowds........ GUILTY. X

Seriously, Skye knows she is on TV, so why would she purposely laugh? To offend the nation? I don't think so, just an excuse to try and frame Skye as a bad person. Perhaps Ned or Kelly were doing something during the 1 minute and we couldn't see it.

The minute silence on 11/11, just like Anzac Day events are an institution regardless. I am not in any way a fan of hers, in fact more to the contrary, but I think she just had an unfortunate giggle attack at a seemingly inappropriate time.

BB would have told them what they were doing and they know they are on national television being broadcast around the nation, if you have any modicum of decency and respect (whether you agree with the concept or not) you make sure you don't have a giggle attack,. Doesn't require much self discipline but one does get the impression that Skye has not had much of that in her life and gets what ever she wants. The fact producers didn't show close ups and are deleting photos shows how serious this is.

My grandfather fought in the jungles of Singapore in WWII and was one of the first sent into Nagasaki after they dropped the bomb (yes the yanks made sure they sent in Aussies first) and believe me the one minute silence was no giggle attack time as far as he was concerned and I am sure for thousands of other families out there who were watching as well.

Don't get me wrong, I am a pacifist and don't believe in the glorification of war because there is no glory in it, only pain and suffering to those who are sent to war by our governments. This is just a time to reflect and respect their sacrifices and suffering.

"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

BB would have told them what they were doing and they know they are on national television being broadcast around the nation, if you have any modicum of decency and respect (whether you agree with the concept or not) you make sure you don't have a giggle attack,. Doesn't require much self discipline but one does get the impression that Skye has not had much of that in her life and gets what ever she wants. The fact producers didn't show close ups and are deleting photos shows how serious this is.

My grandfather fought in the jungles of Singapore in WWII and was one of the first sent into Nagasaki after they dropped the bomb (yes the yanks made sure they sent in Aussies first) and believe me the one minute silence was no giggle attack time as far as he was concerned and I am sure for thousands of other families out there who were watching as well.

Don't get me wrong, I am a pacifist and don't believe in the glorification of war because there is no glory in it, only pain and suffering to those who are sent to war by our governments. This is just a time to reflect and respect their sacrifices and suffering.

"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

Ok and my Grandfather fought in Kokoda...and BTW, he was the FAVOURITE man in my life (even over my own father) and it was at HIS funeral, I got giggle fits.

BTW trying to suppress a giggle is way worse than letting it happen. Same with sneezes. We are talking about involuntary actions here after all.

Ok and my Grandfather fought in Kokoda...and BTW, he was the FAVOURITE man in my life (even over my own father) and it was at HIS funeral, I got giggle fits.

Yes, but you weren't on national television commemorating a national ceremony.

Everyone last year was saying that Tim was a narcissist. To me Skye fits that definition more than he did.

Honestly the DRAMA in here is beyond..
I'd be willing to place bets that half the people using it as an excuse for hate didn't even remember to have a minute's silence themselves anyway.
Doesn't mean she doesn't respect fallen soldiers.
Maybe she farts in church too.
Actually, I spend every day with a veteran of war. Out of respect for him and the men and women who serve, I would gladly keep a moment of silence regardless of whether soandso passed win or whether the dogs started barking or whatever lame excuse is attributed to that woman-child.

Back