Skip to main content

Show your pets

A lot of...striking looking cats. I guess I've mostly seen those impossibly cute youtube kittens. I'm sure the older /non model cats are charming in their own way.

[MENTION=34072]Lindsay1973[/MENTION] Meowkie looks just like my Casper!! What gorgeous pets you have!!

View attachment 33858

Hey everyone I just was told about this tread (I posted some pictures in the LF thread).
Well this is Tiddles my family found her in our backyard in January 2000 and we guessed that she was about 1 so now she would be roughly around 14.
In 2006 my family moved house and Tiddles ran away then a year later we got a call from the pound and Tiddles had been found in our old suburb (which is a long way away). We were all so happy to get her back.
She mostly stays outside but when she does come inside she is always sleeping on my bed.

Hi Tiddles. You are gorgeous. Glad you made it home again.

Last edited:
[MENTION=34072]Lindsay1973[/MENTION] Meowkie looks just like my Casper!! What gorgeous pets you have!!

Thanks [MENTION=28981]Cas[/MENTION]persmom Meowkie is the oldest cat..his name used to be Salem but I always used to call him and his brother Meowkie's and now that is all he will answer too..guess he didnt like Salam LOL

[MENTION=34072]Lindsay1973[/MENTION] what bread is Ming Liu? Is it a boy or a girl? Ming Liu is so cute!:)

View attachment 33858

Hey everyone I just was told about this tread (I posted some pictures in the LF thread).
Well this is Tiddles my family found her in our backyard in January 2000 and we guessed that she was about 1 so now she would be roughly around 14.
In 2006 my family moved house and Tiddles ran away then a year later we got a call from the pound and Tiddles had been found in our old suburb (which is a long way away). We were all so happy to get her back.
She mostly stays outside but when she does come inside she is always sleeping on my bed.

She is gorgeous,Meowkie also ran away once when he came back he had this huge hole by his one hip..not sure what happened but we think he was either in a fight or someone deliberately hurt him

[MENTION=34072]Lindsay1973[/MENTION] what bread is Ming Liu? Is it a boy or a girl? Ming Liu is so cute!:)

We are not sure,Cleo in my avatar is his mom..we got her from a pet store and they never told us what breed she was..then a huge white cat came to visit Cleo and along came Ming..only one kitten,if I hadnt seen her give birth to him I wouldnt have believed it was her kitten.My dad and hubby says the father was a persian looking cat

We are not sure,Cleo in my avatar is his mom..we got her from a pet store and they never told us what breed she was..then a huge white cat came to visit Cleo and along came Ming..only one kitten,if I hadnt seen her give birth to him I wouldnt have believed it was her kitten.My dad and hubby says the father was a persian looking cat

Oh how funny... Yeah Tiddles had kittens, 2 were black and white, 1 was all black and the last one was ginger. None looked anything like her it's funny how things like that happens. I can see a bit of persian in Ming Liu.

free screen capture software

Meet our Charlie. He was found in the yard at work after we heard some mewling. We took this little tyke in but it refused to eat or drink. After a few hours we were all getting a bit distressed that this little kitty just kept 'crying' so we took it down to the vet. They told us it was only about 7 - 10 days old. They took it in and kept it for 5 days and one of the nurses took it home to care for it over the weekend and teach it to drink from a bottle. After that I was allowed to bring Charlie home with me. Armed with bottles, teats, milk powder and lots of instructions we left.

I cared for Charlie for 6 weeks, feeding him every two hours between 6am in the morning to his last feed at 10 pm at night. I had to teach him how to poo and wee because he did not know how to do this himself yet. Charlie slept next to my bed in a shoe box and he went everywhere with me. I loved every minute of it - though always with the warning in my head from the nurse at the vet that often these little tykes do not often survive if they leave their mummy at such an early age.

Where did Charlie come from. We think perhaps a bird may have picked him up and the dropped him when he got too heavy. We will never really know and we never did find his mum.

Charlie is now part of our family - a big, heavy, fluffy and mischievous member of our family. BTW, Charlie does not drink out of a bowl - he leads us to the bathrooms and we have to run the shower for him so he can have a drink. Hahaha.

Last edited:
Oh how funny... Yeah Tiddles had kittens, 2 were black and white, 1 was all black and the last one was ginger. None looked anything like her it's funny how things like that happens. I can see a bit of persian in Ming Liu.

Yes the next lot she had were all gray...Mind was so cute as a baby he was snow white and had cross eyes

Oh [MENTION=5486]pjac[/MENTION]. I got tears reading that story! Charlie is magnificent! Just beautiful!! Such gorgeous eyes! And I love the little white spot on his nose. :D

Meet our Charlie. He was found in the yard at work after we heard some mewling. We took this little tyke in but it refused to eat or drink. After a few hours we were all getting a bit distreseds that this little kitty just kept 'crying' so we took it down to the vet. They told us it was only about 7 - 10 days old. They took it in and kept it for 5 days and one of the nurses took it home to care for it over the weekend and teach it to drink from a bottle. After that I was allowed to bring Charlie home with me. Armed with bottles, teats, milk powder and lots of instructions we left.

I cared for Charlie for 6 weeks, feeding him every two hours between 6 in the morning to his last feed at 10 pm at night. I had to Charlie slept next to my bed in a shoe box and he went everywhere with me. I loved every minute of it - though always with the warning in my head from the nurse at the vet that often these little tykes do not often survive if they leave their mummy at such an early age.

Where did Charlie come from. We think perhaps a bird may have picked him up and the dropped him when he got too heavy. We will never really know and we never did find his mum.

Charlie is now part of our family - a big, heavy, fluffy and mischievous member of our family. BTW, Charlie does not drink out of a bowl - he leads us to the bathrooms and we have to run the shower for him so he can have a drink. Hahaha.

Oh but Charlie is gorgeous and kudo's to you for your dedication not many people would have done that

Meet our Charlie. He was found in the yard at work after we heard some mewling. We took this little tyke in but it refused to eat or drink. After a few hours we were all getting a bit distreseds that this little kitty just kept 'crying' so we took it down to the vet. They told us it was only about 7 - 10 days old. They took it in and kept it for 5 days and one of the nurses took it home to care for it over the weekend and teach it to drink from a bottle. After that I was allowed to bring Charlie home with me. Armed with bottles, teats, milk powder and lots of instructions we left.

I cared for Charlie for 6 weeks, feeding him every two hours between 6 in the morning to his last feed at 10 pm at night. I had to Charlie slept next to my bed in a shoe box and he went everywhere with me. I loved every minute of it - though always with the warning in my head from the nurse at the vet that often these little tykes do not often survive if they leave their mummy at such an early age.

Wow what a great story. It's so refreshing to hear about people going out of their way to help cats in need. I hate hearing about people who abuse cats or any other animal.
Charlie is so cute I love his colour with his dark face, legs and tail. I have to admit I'm not a fan of long fur thought. I guess I'm lucky that Tiddles is a mostly outside cat lol.
Milo recently got very sick and could not pee and he had to go to the vet and get a drip and have an operation. It was because he was not drinking enough water at the time. So we bough a water fountain bowl specifically for cats. Have you thought about getting something like that for Charlie so you don't have to turn on the shower when he wants a drink. (oh but sadly Milo does not even use his fountain).

Back