Skip to main content

Show your pets

Foundling cat has come home and is doing very well. Vet says evidence of past abuse, am very angry with those responsible (think I know who in neighbourhood). Anyway, he is now chipped in my name and seems happy to be home. Literature from vet says to expect him to be groggy and off his food but he's doing all his usual tricks, ate all his dinner and seems to love me still. @Noonah19, vet confirmed he is def a blue Russian and about 6mths old :)

Glad to hear he is doing well @Willoughby. I just can't understand those who abuse pets. Your is very lucky that you rescued him. Hopefully, he will still be groggy enough to give you lots of cuddles tonight.
Thanks qtkt, he is scared of MrW tonight (vet was male) but purring when I cuddle him. Felt bad to take him this morning but I know it was right thing to do and he seems to have forgiven me.

He will have totally forgotten it in a week. He'll probably remember that he doesn't like the vets though (even without his problem with males). Mine always know when they're going to the vet. Play up something shocking as soon as we get there.

This is Ollie. January last year, my then 19yo wanted to get a husky. I said "no, you will move out of home in two years time and won't be able to take the dog with you and I'll be left trying to find a one bedroom apartment (my empty nest plan) with a husky".

"Foster a dog instead" I said. "Then we can give it back" I said.

So he went onto gumtree and found Ollie. His mum wanted someone to look after him for 6 months and would pay all food costs.

So, with gentle reminders, she paid for his food for about 4 months and then we haven't heard from her since. I feel sad for her two youngish children but really can't imagine giving him back now.

He is the happiest dog in the world.phone 017.jpg phone 026.jpg

Fostering is dangerous. The local pet shop in my area had a weekend fostering program (many years ago when shops closed from lunchtime Saturday until Monday morning) We made the mistake of taking a kitten for the weekend. She never went back. That was decision made before Sunday morning.

Ollie looks cute.

This is Ollie. January last year, my then 19yo wanted to get a husky. I said "no, you will move out of home in two years time and won't be able to take the dog with you and I'll be left trying to find a one bedroom apartment (my empty nest plan) with a husky".

So he went onto gumtree and found Ollie. His mum wanted someone to look after him for 6 months and would pay all food costs.

So, with gentle reminders, she paid for his food for about 4 months and then we haven't heard from her since. I feel sad for her two youngish children but really can't imagine giving him back now.

He is the happiest dog in the world.View attachment 43000 View attachment 43001

Awwww, he is so cute. Glad he found a good home

He is the happiest dog in the world.View attachment 43000 View attachment 43001
He is gorgeous. Better off with you. I get so mad when people don't think through the responsibility of a pet but so glad there are people like you to take them on. Lovely boy!

Foundling cat has come home and is doing very well. Vet says evidence of past abuse, am very angry with those responsible (think I know who in neighbourhood). Anyway, he is now chipped in my name and seems happy to be home. Literature from vet says to expect him to be groggy and off his food but he's doing all his usual tricks, ate all his dinner and seems to love me still. @Noonah19, vet confirmed he is def a blue Russian and about 6mths old :)
I can not understand why a person would want to hurt a Cat or a Dog...... Ok I do get that some people are disturbed or just basically cunts..... but how can someone hurt something that is so cute and helpless.......

Every time I have a Cat go to the vet for a long stay, when they get back they are such sooks.... Following me around, somehow being extra cute. Basically just happy to be home.

I can not understand why a person would want to hurt a Cat or a Dog...... Ok I do get that some people are disturbed or just basically cunts..... but how can someone hurt something that is so cute and helpless.......

Every time I have a Cat go to the vet for a long stay, when they get back they are such sooks.... Following me around, somehow being extra cute. Basically just happy to be home.
Yeah I was just worried I hadn't had him long enough for him to forgive me and to know what home was. He is snuggling now though and fast asleep. Beautiful boy, and my old cat seems to have softened towards him tonight, even licked his head. Happy days :):cat:

Back