Skip to main content

Shameless on SBS

C4 are usually pretty leniant when it comes to clips etc. on YouTube, but I understand their point with full episodes.

Worth checking out MySpace though - if C4 programmes are put up in full that's where they usually end up - Skins for example is on MySpace.

C4 also have their own shamelessantisocialnetwork.com and their own Video on Demand service 4oD for all Shameless episodes (UK users only though) and are re-launching e4.com as a MySpace/YouTube style site for C4 content.

can i get the series on dvd? I just cant stay awake for some episodes, so I miss it :( It has to be the best show ever, cheers brekkie boy for the spoilers, I love them!
I absolutely love Sheila, what a fantastic actress she is. Debbie is beautiful, and Carl, he makes me laugh so much. Frank reminds me of my own father, oh dear.

I've seen Shameless DVD's in the ABC store. :)

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article2481026.ece

The new set has now been confirmed, with the Chatsworth Estate being recreated on a new three acre site. It's also been confirmed officially series 5 will run for 16 episodes.

In other news Woody Harrelson is in talks to play "Frank" in the US version of Shameless - though I expect like every other US remake of a UK show, it'll be crap and axed within a few episodes.

Why they can't just show the British original I don't know? Well, that's a lie because the answer is obvious - censorship!

http://www.channel4sales.com/news/home?year=2007&month=4&id=456

Lot of info on the extended fifth series, which begins in the UK in January. Series 4 is still to be screened in Australia.

BRAND NEW CHATSWORTH ESTATE FOR SHAMELESS SERIES 5

Today the cast of Channel 4's multi-award-winning drama series Shameless celebrated the start of filming of series 5 by unveiling the brand new purpose built 'Shameless Estate'.

Creator Paul Abbott, Frank Gallagher (David Threlfall) and all the lawless and loveable characters of the Chatsworth Estate cut the ribbon to reveal new studios and a replica exterior of the Shameless set – now recreated at a new location on a large industrial estate in Wythenshawe, Manchester.

Champagne flowed in the Jockey pub and the cast laid their hands in cement to commemorate the move.

Bigger, bolder and more outrageous than ever, the residents of the Chatsworth Estate will be back on Channel 4 in January 2008 with an extended fifth series of 16 new episodes.

Fans of Shameless can look forward to Chatsworth's favourite Dad Frank (David Threlfall) managing to sire another Gallagher baby, despite a nasty electrocution incident and a dodgy ticker. Debbie (Rebecca Ryan) still holding the chaotic Gallagher fort, while Mum Monica (Anabelle Apsion) takes a more hands-off approach to parenting. And with Lip (Jody Latham) away at Uni, Mandy (Samantha Siddell) finds life as a single parent strangely cathartic.

Elsewhere on the estate, counterfeit widow Yvonne (Kelli Hollis) moves in next door to the Gallaghers with her two teenage kids – and finds love calling from the most unexpected direction. Love triangle coppers Stan (Warren Donnelly), Carrie (Amanda Ryan) and Tom (Michael Legge) leave a trail of tear gas and chaos. While Lillian (Alice Barry) at last finds satisfaction in her flourishing new life as the "madam" of her very own brothel.

The Maguire clan continue to explode the myth of a conventional family. Mickey (Ciaran Griffiths) invests in a pink stretch limo for a new business venture, not forgetting the fact that it makes the perfect shag pad. Newlyweds Karen (Rebecca Atkinson) and Jamie (Aaron McCusker) begin married life living above the Jockey, and along with Ian Gallagher (Gerard Kearns) run the pub – without the brewery realising they have a new landlord.

With pet python's eating tattooed dogs; a Mini-Chatsworth Mayor competition; Liam's (Johnny Bennett) demonic drawings; mail-order brides; Carl's (Elliott Tittensor) attempts at DIY; a lottery win; a kidnap; the tale of the white picket fence and Norma's (Dystin Johnston) Dormobile – everyday life in the wickedly unpredictable Chatsworth Estate unfolds.

John Griffin, series producer says: "With the fantastic new facilities and Paul Abbott's unceasing sense of vision for the show, we are in one of the most exciting periods we've been through. As brave and as adventurous as when we first embarked on Series 1 and with the same sense of intense creativity."

Liza Marshall, Commissioning Editor for Drama says: "Shameless is a truly unique show that we are hugely proud of at Channel 4. This incredibly popular series has consistently grown from year to year and I am delighted we can offer fans an extended run, and further back Paul Abbott and the creative team behind Shameless."

Shameless 5's writing team includes Paul Abbott, Ed McCardie, Stephen Russell, Martin McCardie, Jack Lothian, Malcolm Campbell, Ben Edwards and Tracy Brabin. The series is made by Company Pictures and exec produced by George Faber, Charlie Pattinson and Paul Abbott. The new set has been designed by Taff Batley. Series producer is John Griffin, with Johann Knobel as producer. Series directors include: Lawrence Till, Paul Walker and the patriarchal Frank Gallagher himself; David Threlfall.

WOOHOOO!!!!! Shameless is back on SBS this Saturday, very thoughtfully not crossing any BB timeslots!

Bugger, repeats. Fiona and Steve are still in it. Still, shameless repeats are better than 95% of first run shows!

Oh that show is so bad and yet so good!! Sadly iv only seen the first series so far (i think) but its very addictive and weird :)

Oh my god this show is incredibly good!!! Season 2 episode 4...

Last night at the end I was howling loudly as Fiona and Steve were torn apart, then the last sequence came on, Marty and Veronica's mum returns from the cruise, and I lost it completely!! Howls of laughter..sorrow...laughter... all at once!!

Way the best show on TV right now, even if it's a repeat!!!

What a great series again. the Macguires are turning out to be top stuff. Jamie and Karen's romance is almost as good as Steve and Fiona's. I wish there was more Marty and Sue. where did they go?

Did you watch it to the very end last night when Carl bat off to a photo of Norma? If you didn't know, you should always wait til the end of the credits. :)

Paddy and his therapist!!! The best pairing on television!!! Howlingly, excruciatingly funny!!!

Series 4 has finally got your way then.

Glad your enjoying it - I know alot of old fans here did miss the old characters but I thought the Maguires really freshened it up.

Series 5 begins here on New Years Day with an extended 16 episode run - seen a few preview clips, looks as brilliant as ever!

An Alternative Christmas Message from Frank Gallagher...

[youtubevid]Jx3Zdl_V3zo[/youtubevid]

(Strong Language - contains no spoilers)

oh. my. god.... the old dear he's hugging and giving an earful of the c word at the end looks uncannily like my gran!!!!

Thanks for posting. Brekkie, have a great christmas and new year!!!

I believe you're getting Skins on SBS on Mondays at 10pm - an outstanding teen (but not in the American way!) drama from the makers of Shameless.

So if you've ever thought Shameless with a younger sexier cast might be a good idea, give it a try!

(Shameless V by the way started here last week - and it's looking pretty good so far!)

Caught a bit of Skins the other night I think, looked good. Had a little of that Shameless feel.

I freaking loved Skins - I only caught Shameless occasionally, but I'm making an effort to watch Skins in its entirety. I thought it was very funny, and my friend in London tells me that while it never loses the humour displayed throughout the pilot, the show is also a pretty good drama.

Shameless has now been confirmed for a sixth series, with 16 episodes now in production to air in the UK next year.

So, Shameless was back on our tvs last night, I was at Paul Weller so have to download the first episode of season 5! The Mighty Boosh is also back.

Back