Skip to main content

Ryan appreciation thread

Is it sad I still get teary at Sonia's winner announcement? :p
Speaking of Sonia, I noticed she wasn't too happy with Ryan winning.

I remember her being ecstatic over Benjamin winning (okay, I was too). She was also a bit excited when Tim won. But with Ryan, she was pretty much neutral. Maybe it was her pregnancy, I don't know. She even did ask stuff like "did you know that you'll be standing here?", "weren't you too quiet?"...:conf:

Speaking of Sonia, I noticed she wasn't too happy with Ryan winning.

I remember her being ecstatic over Benjamin winning (okay, I was too). She was also a bit excited when Tim won. But with Ryan, she was pretty much neutral. Maybe it was her pregnancy, I don't know. She even did ask stuff like "did you know that you'll be standing here?", "weren't you too quiet?"...:conf:

I find it interesting and polarising (this is NOT a shot) that you were stoked on Benjamin for a win but also a me fan ..

I find it interesting and polarising (this is NOT a shot) that you were stoked on Benjamin for a win but also a me fan ..

Granted I didn't watch much of the season you were in, but I'd imagine Shackles feels the same way about you and Ben, like I do with David and Priya. There are qualities in both of you that he admires, and he probably enjoyed the entertainment value that you two created.

I wish I knew why, I knew that Ryan was going to win from the start:). But I still don't know why I knew???!!! I just did. It was like a forgone conclusion. U must admit we didn't get to know that much about him until the last few weeks... It is very strange to me.. anyway Good Luck to him:)(at least it wasn't Skye, Laws, Wally, Sam, Sandra, Jason, Penny or any neighbours, Ryan (aka Leo),Katie, the Marina or "Because You're" Lisa ( Dave (still love him) Best Line of 2014, closely followed by "Boom Bitch":)

Pretty much what @Lem0n said. ;)

You and Benjamin were the backbone of BB12. You were the core 'characters' of that season. I immensely enjoyed the both of you, despite the fact you were 'archenemies'.

The dramatic and psychological aspects of you Estelle reminded me of myself. You were very intriguing. Benjamin's comedy side just made me laugh ("is there a house three?" :roflmao:). I was very emotional when he won and how he talked with his mother, proposed to his boyfriend - it was a climactic end that I'll never forget.

And that's okay, I have friends who don't like each other. They also wonder why I am a friend with the other and vice versa. And trust me, I am not fencesitting. I like all sorts of people.

If BB12 was a movie and if I were to present you the Golden Globes, then you two would win. :)

Best Actor - Comedy or Musical: Benjamin Norris
Best Actress - Drama: Estelle Landy

Pretty much what @Lem0n said. ;)

You and Benjamin were the backbone of BB12. You were the core 'characters' of that season. I immensely enjoyed the both of you, despite the fact you were 'archenemies'.

The dramatic and psychological aspects of you Estelle reminded me of myself. You were very intriguing. Benjamin's comedy side just made me laugh ("is there a house three?" :roflmao:). I was very emotional when he won and how he talked with his mother, proposed to his boyfriend - it was a climactic end that I'll never forget.

And that's okay, I have friends who don't like each other. They also wonder why I am a friend with the other and vice versa. And trust me, I am not fencesitting. I like all sorts of people.

If BB12 was a movie and if I were to present you the Golden Globes, then you two would win. :)

Best Actor - Comedy or Musical: Benjamin Norris
Best Actress - Drama: Estelle Landy

Bahahhah! Excellent! love the response....And the award!!

I'm holding onto every bit of ounce to not bite on Benjamin... But let's say I would agree with you on his humour if it were his own material.. If it was all genuine inc the proposal I would agree!

Anyway... What a nice day it is outside!

Ry-Ry feat. Priya and David
238EEF3000000578-2852421-image-17_1417128121367.jpg

Ry-Ry feat. David and Richard
238EEFB800000578-2852421-image-18_1417128144022.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-following-s-crazy-party.html#v-3913352492001 (38 second video of arrival at Sydney Airport)
Daily Mail always have their special way of describing what someone is wearing lol
"Dressed casually, the handsome Sunshine Coast stud :thumbsup: wore a loose-fitting pair of slacks and a stripped black and white tank top that showed off his muscly arms."

ryanginns
Back at the Rosey!
10787796_909322059080159_1563884737_n.jpg

Wearing his "pussy slayer hat" according to the girls on his instagram lol (in the other pic, a girl asking if they can sit on his face, lol!)

Ry-Ry feat. Priya and David
238EEF3000000578-2852421-image-17_1417128121367.jpg

Ry-Ry feat. David and Richard
238EEFB800000578-2852421-image-18_1417128144022.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-following-s-crazy-party.html#v-3913352492001 (38 second video of arrival at Sydney Airport)
Daily Mail always have their special way of describing what someone is wearing lol
"Dressed casually, the handsome Sunshine Coast stud :thumbsup: wore a loose-fitting pair of slacks and a stripped black and white tank top that showed off his muscly arms."

ryanginns
Back at the Rosey!
10787796_909322059080159_1563884737_n.jpg

Wearing his "pussy slayer hat" according to the girls on his instagram lol (in the other pic, a girl asking if they can sit on his face, lol!)

Man that daily mail make me laugh with the shit they post!

He looks great in that first photo!
So much better than in the house!...if that's even possible?

@Estelle.Landy
I was a michael fan in 2012 and I was soooooooooo annoyed he didn't win. When it came to final 3 as long as layla didn't win I was ok with it.
I am still not sure how you didn't even get runner up....
But yeah forever a michael 2012 supporter. He was hilarious.

Nah its been said before, mike should never have kissed his foe,Estelle, and told her that it "felt like home" kissing her.:vomit:

Our bae is planning to do a motorbike trip through India for his mummy and to raise money for MS Australia :inlove:

Big Brother winner Ryan set to ride across India for his mum
28th Nov 2014 8:24 AM
BIG Brother winner Ryan Ginns plans to spend some quality time with his Sunshine Coast family once the dust settles from Wednesday's 26 season finale.
The 26-year-old spent 80 days in the Big Brother house isolated from the outside world, including his three sisters and Mooloolaba-based parents Dez and Judy Ginns.
Ginns will celebrate his father's birthday this weekend and plans to spend Christmas on the Coast.
"$200K is a big incentive to make the trip home a bit more to see Mum and Dad," he said.
"I'm not going to lie, Dad's always been so generous and I've always been a bit of a shocker when it comes to birthday and Christmas presents so this year I might have to splash out."
Ryan auditioned for Channel 9's The Block and was unsuccessful, but a phone call from Big Brother producers prompted Ryan to audition for Big Brother.
While he has previously spoken of his ambitions to open a bar in Bondi, where he now lives, Ginns said he's not going to rush into anything with his $200,000 windfall.
Ginns does have a trip to India planned with fellow housemate Sam Bramham.
"We're going to do a motorbike trip our winter coming up through India and raise some money for MS Australia," he said.
During his final month in the house he received a letter from his dad Dez which included an important update on his mum's health. She will be the inspiration behind the ride across India as she suffers from Multiple Sclerosis.
"When Mum and Dad came in (to the Big Brother house) I was like 'Dad that letter you sent me was so emotional'," he said.
"I read it every night before bed. It was a nice thing to touch home with."
The former Matthew Flinders Anglican College and University of the Sunshine Coast student credits his Big Brother win to his hometown support.
After a whirlwind 24 hours, Dez and Judy said they only had about 15 minutes with their popular son.
The both say Ryan was completely himself and made the family proud during his time at the Dreamworld-based reality show.
Dez and Judy travelled to the Gold Coast for the grand finale and through a cloud of stage smog, they entered the Big Brother house briefly to give their son a hug after his was crowned the winner.
"The first thing Ryan said when he saw us was, mum, you look amazing and that's so Ryan," Dez said.
"We're a really close family so it's been strange not having contact with Ryan for 12 weeks."When asked how many times the family voted for Ryan, Dez replied
"I'd say we are on the Telstra frequent program now."
Ryan's parents said a huge circle of friends also chipped in with a "massive" amount of votes to 'save'.
But it was the larger Australian pool of viewers who chose Ryan as their 2014 winner.
"Ryan is a thinker and that is what I think drew people in," Dez said.
"He focuses on the good, he doesn't like confrontation of fighting and if there is fighting he will bring that to an end so people can get on with their day.
"He was happy to have a laugh at himself and I think people liked that.
"Dez said every housemate that had been voted off the show had contacted the Ginns family to express their love for Ryan and chat to the parents they'd heard so much about.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...nner-ryan-set-ride-across-india-his-/2468187/

@Estelle.Landy
I was a michael fan in 2012 and I was soooooooooo annoyed he didn't win. When it came to final 3 as long as layla didn't win I was ok with it.
I am still not sure how you didn't even get runner up....
But yeah forever a michael 2012 supporter. He was hilarious.
I agree. Michael should've been in top three. And, as much as I'm happy with Benjamin winning, Estelle should've either won or come 2nd. Wasn't a fan of Layla coming 2nd and Estelle 3rd (though at least she made it far). :sour:

It's odd, because I thought he was absolutely boring... but he's the one I'd most likely be friends with in the real world. I guess that's his appeal.

Back