Skip to main content

RANT!

The epitome of not caring or lazyness. Nearest bin and people will throw all matter of refuse into it. Anything to get it out of their unit or flat or house and its someone elses problem.
And I dont accept being colourblind as an excuse.
And please. Hoarders. Keep your hobby indoors and not in your garden.

I don't understand supermarket trolley stealers either. They are there to make your life easier, so show a bit of appreciation. Don't take them home and then dump them in the nearest alleyway.
The one time I needed to transport three boxes of cans of Coke home (before xmas and not all for me), Coles were happy to take my name and lend me a trolley, which I returned the next day. It's not hard.

I don't understand supermarket trolley stealers either. They are there to make your life easier, so show a bit of appreciation. Don't take them home and then dump them in the nearest alleyway.
The one time I needed to transport three boxes of cans of Coke home (before xmas and not all for me), Coles were happy to take my name and lend me a trolley, which I returned the next day. It's not hard.
We had tenants who took trolleys and left them all over the place. I had to ring whatever number is is you ring and ask for them to be collected. It's the same as those yellow bicycles that get left everywhere. They always looks so sad, lol.

Do you realise you are complaining about poor people being POOR????

People use the trolley from a supermarket because they are too poor to own a car.
And they would be too embarrassed to ask, and would be rejected anyway.......it is HARD being poor and feeling less than others already.

Have you never seen a poor homeless person with their 'home' in a supermarket trolley???

poor or not, it shouldn't excuse them from such immoral behaviour. we have standards in our society, kxk, standards that must be maintained. without those standards society as we know it would fall into complete and utter chaos.

it's a crime of immoral degeneracy and must be stopped before it seeps into the very fabric of our Australian society.

Not everyone who takes a trolley is “poor”. I don’t think that was what Meglos was implying.

Do you realise you are complaining about poor people being POOR????

People use the trolley from a supermarket because they are too poor to own a car.
And they would be too embarrassed to ask, and would be rejected anyway.......it is HARD being poor and feeling less than others already.

Have you never seen a poor homeless person with their 'home' in a supermarket trolley???
It's not that they are poor or homeless, it's that they are lazy, not considering fellow tenants etc and don't even consider taking the trolley back when they next go to the supermarket. Same with the people who put non recyclables in the recycle bin or in a communal situation of taking the bins out and in for the building, not doing their share of out and in.

There can be a somewhat intriguing urban beauty that makes for interesting photos seeing a lone trolley abandoned in a Melbourne alleyway... And that trolley sometimes does find another purpose, and may potentially mean a lot to the person who has it.

i don't think mr meglos was talking about the homeless

Not everyone who takes a trolley is “poor”. I don’t think that was what Meglos was implying.

It's not that they are poor or homeless, it's that they are lazy, not considering fellow tenants etc and don't even consider taking the trolley back when they next go to the supermarket. Same with the people who put non recyclables in the recycle bin or in a communal situation of taking the bins out and in for the building, not doing their share of out and in.

Thank you reepbot, delcan and Fiona.

kxk, I'm sorry, what?
My post was perfectly clear, I even said I use trolleys, it is certainly nothing to do with being poor.
There was nothing in this thread or in anyone's implications about "societies" of people who live in trolleys, I admit I have never encountered such a thing so couldn't possibly be referring to it.
I was talking about people who take the trolleys home and then dump them outside their house, in an alleyways, or in some cases on the island in the middle of the road. The people who do this are not poor, they are just selfish or lazy.

I was talking about people who take the trolleys home and then dump them outside their house, in an alleyways, or in some cases on the island in the middle of the road. The people who do this are not poor, they are just selfish or lazy.

Ever wonder why a person takes a trolley?
I think you will find the usual answer is, poverty.....no car, walking...usually = POOR
Unless it is people larking and being stupid, the minority..........I do agree it is unsightly etc
Shopping trollies are used by poor people for many things.......and often they would be too embarrassed to take it back

I just think you are ignoring social issues....Coles in Vic solved their problem, they have a lock system that stops you going further than the carpark

Ever wonder why a person takes a trolley?
I think you will find the usual answer is, poverty.....no car, walking...usually = POOR
Unless it is people larking and being stupid, the minority..........I do agree it is unsightly etc
Shopping trollies are used by poor people for many things.......and often they would be too embarrassed to take it back

I just think you are ignoring social issues....Coles in Vic solved their problem, they have a lock system that stops you going further than the carpark

I'm not ignoring social issues, it's just that nobody was talking about homeless people using trolleys until you brought it up. We were talking about what I said, everyday shoppers taking advantage of the use of a trolley to get their groceries home, then dumping it in the street. It isn't an isolated incident, it happens a lot, and those trollies were not put there by homeless people, so I honestly don't know why we're having this conversation and I'll bow out now.

I also don't agree with your assumption that people who use supermarket trolleys (or don't have a car) are POOR, I've certainly never thought that of them (and they include myself).

I should admit my own trolley shame.
I dont take them out of the supermarket or carpark but I do ride them in the busier aisles of supermarkets and skittle various people over like bowling pins.
Its a jungle out there:D

I should admit my own trolley shame.
I dont take them out of the supermarket or carpark but I do ride them in the busier aisles of supermarkets and skittle various people over like bowling pins.
Its a jungle out there:D
That's ok as you're in the premises, lol

Speaking of riding trolleys, how many times do you see children in the trolleys with next to no shopping in there with them?

Back