Skip to main content

Racist comments on Priya

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the indian gal and support her completely. Racist remarks shouldn't just be ignored, because then it seems acceptable. I think starting this thread was smart, so we aren't feeding the trolls, but we are still voicing our opinion.

While proper racism does indeed suck, I think it's also important to not take the lighthearted jokes too seriously.

Australians in general like to joke about everything and everyone. There's obviously a line which can be crossed, but I think staying on the 'fun' side of the line should be acceptable.

Hell, Priya made Indian jokes about herself while on stage!

So it's OK for Priya to make jokes about her race, but not ok for others.

I am sick of the double standards & I sick if you make a joke, you are classed as a racist.

Priya can make fun of herself with stereotypes and Indian jokes, just like black people can use the n word on each other and joke about racist stereotypes too.

It's about taking something negative, turning it around and make it empowering.

Priya can make fun of herself with stereotypes and Indian jokes, just like black people can use the n word on each other and joke about racist stereotypes too.

And like how white people could call each other "cracka" or "whitey" and it be acceptable, but black people can't... Oh wait, they can! Haha

And like how white people could call each other "cracka" or "whitey" and it be acceptable, but black people can't... Oh wait, they can! Haha
No it's not okay for them to call someone white those names, it's disrespectful, but it's definitely not as damaging as a white person calling them a n*****.

#whiteprivilege

So it's OK for Priya to make jokes about her race, but not ok for others.

I am sick of the double standards & I sick if you make a joke, you are classed as a racist.

I don't even know why this needs explaining, but just say you are really fucking ignorant and someone makes a joke about how fucking ignorant you are, that's gonna burn, right? But if you were capable of making a witty (and paradoxical) observation about how ignorant you are yourself , then that's not an issue. Now add to the mix the fact that race, or sexual orientation, gender, etc, are not a matter of choice, like ignorance usually is, then to vilify people based on race, etc, is bigotry, and bigotry is BAD.

No it's not okay for them to call someone white those names, it's disrespectful, but it's definitely not as damaging as a white person calling them a n*****.

#whiteprivilege
Australia is actually one of the worst countries in the world for whiteprivilege.
I'm not sure if people are simply too stupid to understand or they just choose not to.

I don't hate Priya for her nationality but rather because of her fakeness.[DOUBLEPOST=1410236209][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't hate Priya for her nationality but because of her non-genuine personality.

As far as I can tell, the racist comments were NOT on these boards or this website. We aren't a racist bunch here.

Why not go to whatever website the racism happened and address your complaint there? Just saying...lol

welcome to the forums,don't pay any mind to people being racist about Priya...sadly there are people like that out there and
you cannot change them until they are ready to change themselves.I am from South africa and we have a large Indian population here
too.

Hey guys, Im new on this forum. I am from India and I love BBAU. Last season was amazing and I'm so looking forward to this one. I think Australians are really nice people. However there are so many negative racist comments already on Priya. Now I get it that some people might hate her, but atleast don't bring her being an Indian into this. Some of the comments like she comes from country of call centres or she should go back to New Delhi are really mean! Be it on facebook or on this forum. I feel really sad to see such comments, coz I always thought Aussies as the nicest kind of people. Sure dislike her for her behaviour, or face or anything, but please don't do that about her origins. Being Indian has nothing to do with being nice n deserving or not!

Thank you so much for your time. I hope I did not offend anyone :smile:
Don't take any notice of FB. It is well known that most people on FB are kids and not very educated people. People with the need to feel strong hiding behind their PC, taking pleasure at being nasty.

You will find this forum a much nicer and more serious place to discuss HMs and other topics. :)

While proper racism does indeed suck, I think it's also important to not take the lighthearted jokes too seriously.

Australians in general like to joke about everything and everyone. There's obviously a line which can be crossed, but I think staying on the 'fun' side of the line should be acceptable.

Hell, Priya made Indian jokes about herself while on stage!

While that is true I think it is important to remember that it is only "on the fun side of the line" when both sides are laughing. When one side isn't, the line was crossed and it becomes unacceptable.

Australians have such an irrational hate against Indians.
Generalisations are alive and well I see.

That is total bullshit.

I am Australian. I don't feel an irrational hate towards Indians. In fact I worked with two today, and you would be hard pressed finding two more knowledgeable nurses.

So just speak for yourself, rather than dictating what the majority feel when clearly you have absolutely no idea.

I work in a bottle shop and all the indian cab drivers come in and stink out the whole place of musty curry smell and B.O.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Is it racist to point that out?

I work in a bottle shop and all the indian cab drivers come in and stink out the whole place of musty curry smell and B.O.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

No, you've made an observation about EVERY SINGLE ONE. But it does make you rude as this is not a thread to point out your problems about Indians and it is not even bb related.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

I would say that is more rude with a sprinkle of racism.

Body odour is a multicultural issue. All races can fucking stink![DOUBLEPOST=1410244783][/DOUBLEPOST]
How about rude, ignorant, bigoted and xenophobic?

Beat me, kid.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back