Skip to main content

Racist comments on Priya

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIndianGal

Hey guys, Im new on this forum. I am from India and I love BBAU. Last season was amazing and I'm so looking forward to this one. I think Australians are really nice people. However there are so many negative racist comments already on Priya. Now I get it that some people might hate her, but atleast don't bring her being an Indian into this. Some of the comments like she comes from country of call centres or she should go back to New Delhi are really mean! Be it on facebook or on this forum. I feel really sad to see such comments, coz I always thought Aussies as the nicest kind of people. Sure dislike her for her behaviour, or face or anything, but please don't do that about her origins. Being Indian has nothing to do with being nice n deserving or not!

Thank you so much for your time. I hope I did not offend anyone :smile:

Welcome!

Sadly the ignorant walk amongst us.

Never mistake the opinion of a minority, as the opinion of the majority.

The majority of Australians embrace multiculturalism. The minority make up nicknames to spread their racist propaganda, hide on the internet and try to fool you they represent the masses.

They don't.

@Trala Thank you so very much dear for your reply. I love your country and it is so peaceful. Im happy to know that you people are so open minded. Internet has surely become one place to hide behind computers and post nasty comments. Hopefully people will start looking beyond these racist comments. Thanks again for being so nice :)

@Trala Thank you so very much dear for your reply. I love your country and it is so peaceful. Im happy to know that you people are so open minded. Internet has surely become one place to hide behind computers and post nasty comments. Hopefully people will start looking beyond these racist comments. Thanks again for being so nice :)
Well there is something you don't see often in the same post:- Trala and nice!

Ha!

I really like priya, I think she is wonderful already

Welcome to the boards :)

There are many of us who are a nice bunch, I promise.

Aww....dats so sweet of you... most of you people are so nice... :)
As for Priya, I wont like her just because shes Indian, or any other people because of what race/ethnicity/gender etc they are...m gonna wait and see what kind of a person they are... Im the one to call a spade spade..

People who have to dig into racist rants just have no intelligence to think of something witty or clever which is what the bulk of the posts on this site are comprised of. Just ignore them, they are not worth noting. :)

I have always suspected that the "Trolls" will say anything to get a reaction because they are incapable of saying anything intelligent or witty enough to merit a response otherwise. It is best to ignore your initial reaction to tell them off and instead don't feed them. They will starve from lack of attention and eventually go away.

Hi @TheIndianGal welcome!

That sucks that people are saying racist thing about priya. I have not been on the BB Facebook page yet. Actually I really don't want to it hurts my head to read all the crap written on there. For your sanity perhaps stay off Facebook, I like to think that Facebook is just a place where people go to turn into to trolls, some stick around and others find different places on the net to write horrible things about people.

You've found a good place to talk about BB here, yeah a small minority personally annoy me, but the larger majority a pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back