Skip to main content

R U OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha he knows..it starts off like this...hun? any chance of a braai today? Hmm you don't want to cook do you? Me...nope
Him..you know what I always say What Lins wants Lins gets.

He really is the best hubby

...hahaha!... you're spoilt!... there's nothing wrong with that lol!... cheers.

I'm not sure if this is what this thread was intended for but there's something I need to talk about and it's something that may seem ridiculous given I know nothing for sure, it's all just my gut at the moment.

This morning I heard through Facebook that a body was found in the neighbourhood I grew up in and lived for many years. It's being talked about as a suicide and obviously the police haven't released the identity of who it is other than a few basic details on gender, general age, etc.

Ever since hearing the news I can't shake the overwhelming grief that I know who this person is. I keep telling myself to stop being ridiculous and don't assume the worst until I know for sure...but I think it's also human nature to automatically think of someone that means a lot to us when we hear of something like this. The person I can't help thinking it is has always been a loner. They don't have social media accounts, I don't know who any of their family/friends are, I don't even know his last name...basically I have no way of contacting them to see if they're okay. They gave me their phone number many years ago now but I don't think it's still in use given I tried to contact him a few times to check in ages ago and it said the number was disconnected.

It might sound strange that I am so worried about a person that I know so little about and have not seen in some time. But he was one of those people that came into my life unexpectedly and helped me at my lowest moment. I had been suffering anxiety and depression and his words and support as a relative stranger were literally the things that helped me beat it. I can't shake the thoughts that he may have been suffering through a similar thing and I had no idea...I wasn't there to help him the way he helped me.

Some people might think this is ridiculous but I can just feel it in my gut that something has happened to him. The fact that he's the same gender/age demographics and lived quite close to where the body was found just increases that. It hurts more that given the social media response nobody from the tight nit community seems to know of anyone missing that might be the body...meaning that whoever it was was maybe someone who was suffering in silence without anyone to help.

Anyway I'm sorry guys. I know that's heavy but I felt I needed to get it out anyway even if it's not read. I've always been able to express myself/vent better through writing.

I'm not sure if this is what this thread was intended for but there's something I need to talk about and it's something that may seem ridiculous given I know nothing for sure, it's all just my gut at the moment.

This morning I heard through Facebook that a body was found in the neighbourhood I grew up in and lived for many years. It's being talked about as a suicide and obviously the police haven't released the identity of who it is other than a few basic details on gender, general age, etc.

Ever since hearing the news I can't shake the overwhelming grief that I know who this person is. I keep telling myself to stop being ridiculous and don't assume the worst until I know for sure...but I think it's also human nature to automatically think of someone that means a lot to us when we hear of something like this. The person I can't help thinking it is has always been a loner. They don't have social media accounts, I don't know who any of their family/friends are, I don't even know his last name...basically I have no way of contacting them to see if they're okay. They gave me their phone number many years ago now but I don't think it's still in use given I tried to contact him a few times to check in ages ago and it said the number was disconnected.

It might sound strange that I am so worried about a person that I know so little about and have not seen in some time. But he was one of those people that came into my life unexpectedly and helped me at my lowest moment. I had been suffering anxiety and depression and his words and support as a relative stranger were literally the things that helped me beat it. I can't shake the thoughts that he may have been suffering through a similar thing and I had no idea...I wasn't there to help him the way he helped me.

Some people might think this is ridiculous but I can just feel it in my gut that something has happened to him. The fact that he's the same gender/age demographics and lived quite close to where the body was found just increases that. It hurts more that given the social media response nobody from the tight nit community seems to know of anyone missing that might be the body...meaning that whoever it was was maybe someone who was suffering in silence without anyone to help.

Anyway I'm sorry guys. I know that's heavy but I felt I needed to get it out anyway even if it's not read. I've always been able to express myself/vent better through writing.

They generally release the name fairly quickly, so maybe hold tight. Do you know where they lived? Can you or someone else you now knock on their door? What the worse that can happen? I knock on the wrong doors all the time in my job, if someone else answers, I'd just say "I have this address for Mr X, maybe it was an old address" and people generally are quite willing to say "no, I've lived here for 5 years" etc. etc. It might ease your mind. It is also not unusual for people's bodies to be found far away from where they live

...hey Gemini... it's so good to see that you care so much about a possible someone that you may have known... but it strikes me as that you are the type of person that feels about the health of strangers that you may never had even known in your lifetime too... that is so good to see in this day and age being that it is so easy for some people to just simply turn themselves off to other peoples sufferings...

...the fact that you are feeling so much compassion for that person should just run it's natural course of feelings for them within you until it slowly leaves you... trying to just stem the thoughts would make you feel empty inside... empathy is just as strong a feeling as love/hate/revenge etc... if anything... empathy cleanses you in ways that none of us will ever know but it is an essential part of us all in my humble opinion...

...so let the feeling run it's natural course is my advice... you are a wonderful person Gemini... it's a shame that everyone in the world isn't as caring and as compassionate as you... well they are my thoughts anyway... cheers.

They generally release the name fairly quickly, so maybe hold tight. Do you know where they lived? Can you or someone else you now knock on their door? What the worse that can happen? I knock on the wrong doors all the time in my job, if someone else answers, I'd just say "I have this address for Mr X, maybe it was an old address" and people generally are quite willing to say "no, I've lived here for 5 years" etc. etc. It might ease your mind. It is also not unusual for people's bodies to be found far away from where they live

I know the general location of where he lived about 6 years ago but I don't know the actual street name/house number. Not living in the area anymore unfortunately I can't just do a drive by and see if my memory is jolted either. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I think I'm going to drive up home do just as you said...try and look for the house and knock on the door. It's very unlikely he still lives there...and that's what I'm hoping, that he's simply just moved away.

And thank you so much for your kind words/advice @Mr Stickyfingers . I'm hoping that's the case that the feelings will just run their course. On the other hand though like you said a part of me is happy I feel this way. Whoever this was (even if it isn't who I think) they and their family deserve to have people understand and feel the suffering they must have gone/are going through. It's really hard being on Facebook all day looking for updates and seeing people that live in that community just going about their days like nothing happened. I don't want people to feel pain for everyone that dies in the world (we'd never be happy) but when it hits so close to home you think people could stop complaining about everything from traffic to work for a moment and acknowledge what was such a tragic loss of life.

I know the general location of where he lived about 6 years ago but I don't know the actual street name/house number. Not living in the area anymore unfortunately I can't just do a drive by and see if my memory is jolted either. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I think I'm going to drive up home do just as you said...try and look for the house and knock on the door. It's very unlikely he still lives there...and that's what I'm hoping, that he's simply just moved away.

And thank you so much for your kind words/advice @Mr Stickyfingers . I'm hoping that's the case that the feelings will just run their course. On the other hand though like you said a part of me is happy I feel this way. Whoever this was (even if it isn't who I think) they and their family deserve to have people understand and feel the suffering they must have gone/are going through. It's really hard being on Facebook all day looking for updates and seeing people that live in that community just going about their days like nothing happened. I don't want people to feel pain for everyone that dies in the world (we'd never be happy) but when it hits so close to home you think people could stop complaining about everything from traffic to work for a moment and acknowledge what was such a tragic loss of life.

And thank you so much for your kind words/advice @Mr Stickyfingers .

...as I said Gemini... you really are a wonderful person... and also... you're welcome Gemini... any time for you my friend... cheers.

*hugs* ♥ ♥

...just a question Gemini... is your Avatar either Jane Russell or even Rosalind Russell?... it kind of looks like it could be either of them to me... just curious... cheers.

...just a question Gemini... is your Avatar either Jane Russell or even Rosalind Russell?... it kind of looks like it could be either of them to me... just curious... cheers.

Rita Hayworth, Sticky! The glorious, divine and so talented Rita! A still from Gilda, I think.

10978582_712535355525763_1625590597089063970_n.jpg

@Gemini - it is the worst feeling - I have been there! Unfortunately, I have been right to 'whom' it was - the last three times (in around a 3 year period) - one was a Murder, one an Accident and one a Suicide ....... When they were announced, without knowing who it was, I just knew who it was, each time. It totally freaked me out.

I really hope your friend is OK. If it is your friend, I am sure he will be at peace.

When my Dad, died many, many years ago, I knew before I got the call. He visited me. He was at peace.

Love and hugs sent xxxxxx

@Gemini - it is the worst feeling - I have been there! Unfortunately, I have been right to 'whom' it was - the last three times (in around a 3 year period) - one was a Murder, one an Accident and one a Suicide ....... When they were announced, without knowing who it was, I just knew who it was, each time. It totally freaked me out.

I really hope your friend is OK. If it is your friend, I am sure he will be at peace.

When my Dad, died many, many years ago, I knew before I got the call. He visited me. He was at peace.

Love and hugs sent xxxxxx

*hugs*

You poor thing. I can't imagine having this feeling 3 times in such a short period...and worse, being right all those times. You're right that it's an awful feeling. Logically you tell yourself not to jump to conclusions because it could be anyone but it's pretty much impossible to reason with yourself when every single one of your instincts is telling you it's who you're thinking. Sometimes you just know (like you obviously did).

*hugs*

You poor thing. I can't imagine having this feeling 3 times in such a short period...and worse, being right all those times. You're right that it's an awful feeling. Logically you tell yourself not to jump to conclusions because it could be anyone but it's pretty much impossible to reason with yourself when every single one of your instincts is telling you it's who you're thinking. Sometimes you just know (like you obviously did).

Yes it has all been a bit freaky. I was not really close to those three, but when the news came out - it was like the first name that came to my mind. Not sure why. Living in a small town, may have played a part but I have been out of touch with the town lately and the last accident was like ... what tha???

I hope all is OK with you xxx

Sorta feeling OK today (tonight) ...... packing up your life and moving on, is a bit disconcerting, after being planted in one place for so long.

I am imagining myself like a pretty, flowering potplant, that needs the right relocation to wherever - with a bit of TLC. Loads of water required, with hopefully not too much 'Brown Waste'

my sister needed what you cunts are on about and you shat on me congrats[DOUBLEPOST=1424361876][/DOUBLEPOST]congrats on shitting on yr own demographic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back