Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

It is ok not to be feeling ok. There is nothing about this situation that anyone could have been ready or prepared for. I have worked from home for the last four years with the occasional week in the office. Other than that due to an accident we barely leave the house except to go the doctor the pharmacy or to get food. Sound familiar? Yet it hasn't stopped me from having anxiety and panic attacks regarding what is going on right now. Anyway my rather rambling point is that be kind to yourself and give yourself permission to react and adjust. You are not in this alone and no matter what you are feeling there are bound to be others feeling the same way that can offer you practical suggestions - hopefully you will find ones that suit you.

i guess.
Thanks Isee.

I Know this a late response BUT

Gee not the response I thought I would get on this thread. You ASS U ME that I am TWISTED with ANGER? It was not in anger, it was more like, why do people assume who you are? If I wanted a Discount, I would have pulled out my card - no need for a reminder for a $1.50 discount on that purchase ........ So in Response to your Questions and your voice of reason.......

Why are you so offended? Never ASS U ME - Does the Company want to give away a discount when they do not have to, when the people who are aware of it already know they can get it??
What do you have against people who are just 6 years older than you? I Have NOTHING against people who are 6 years plus Older than me. You just ASS U ME again - Some of my best Friends are 10+ years older than me - I have nothing against them and I am pissed off at you - you THINK you know all!
Do you think you suddenly become unworthy? Where did that come from? Why ever ask that? I never even posted about being that. I do not feel that, but maybe you seem to be trying to put that in?
Like the worst thing in the world is to be in their 60's?! - Gee - being in the World ATM it might be a scary time to be in your 60's- COVID19 and all, but seeing you posted this before these crazy times - I am not sure what you mean.

CheckoutChick - She should learn Customer Service Skills - and just ask, do you have any cards???????? She looked like she didn't want to be working there anyway - no smile - no how are you - just the question - AND - very DIRTY Clothes!

SO, whatever tralalallah - Your post just made my mouth bitter, I was just about to post a post about you, I being worried for you working in Health - but your venom towards something that made me want to have support in the RUOK thread made me stop and think - you do not need the support I was going to share - Now I know you have all the answers. So Good Luck to you.
😂😂😂

Seriously!

What. The. Fuck?!

You need to go back and read your own post!

1. You shared you were gutted over being mistaken for being a few years older than you are, like it was the worst thing that could happen, that is not an assumption it is what you did.

2. You shared you were so angry you wrote a complaint to this girls employer, again that is not an assumption it is what you did.

I believe you also used the word checkoutchick to try and devalue this worker, and ironically you go on to ASS U ME this girl didn’t want to work there and you continued the spite by stating she was dirty. Let’s face it, you know nothing about this girl other than she is shit at guessing age.

While my post may have made your mouth bitter, your post made my eye twitch! To bring in covid and your faux worry about me to try and manipulate and divert your narrative is so typical of the way you become hysterical and manically try to deflect when called on your bullshit.

If being mistaken for being older than you are is the worst thing that happens to you today, it’s still a good day.

So, I am actually doing OK, very well actually :)

So I am going to sign out of this place. Trallallalaha has broken my spirit to chat with you all, in this thread. Not sure why she wants to debate, chuck venom or wants to judge me on the things that make me feel not OK - that is ok, I suppose - it is her thing maybe - but then again she is a Nurse, and knows better then me. Not somewhere I want to be anymore, too much negativity in this tread, that I thought safe.

It was not a Fake Worry about covid19 and her being a Nurse - I was concerned for her - she came to my thoughts and I logged into this site t see how she was doing. and then trala, I then read your shit on my post. True Story! You seem to have all the answers.I did and do care.So whatever.

Let the Judge be the Judge.

I never tried to devalue a person in employment, I blame the employer for not educating their staff - I mean a 5% discount, by asking a random - Really? Think that 5% would be better for the Company.

Anyway, I think I had something to share and I shared in a place I thought I felt comfortable to do so. I felt some form of discrimination, and that is why I posted. Seems that you can not even ask for support in an RUOK Thread anymore without judgement, so that is me - OUT!

Seems I was wrong in my head - according to trallallalaha - and I am so sorry your eye twitched tralalalalalalALLALALLLAAAA - maybe a bit more botox will help with that problem, I am sure my post did not make that happen.

So - That is it from me. Be pleased that you have made me disappeared from this forum. I am sure I am not the first.

Hope you will all be safe and I have enjoyed chatting with most of you xxxx

So, Bye Bye all - Stay Safe and remember it is OK to ask others if they are RUOK, or say you are not OK. Lets hope that no one will ever challenge another with negativity that I have had, and just be given positive support, with a kind words -

It is lucky that I am in a very good head space atm

Peace Out

Hooley Dooley - AKA JoyJoy - Deb xxxxx

Last edited:
So, I am actually doing OK, very well actually :)

So I am going to sign out of this place. Trallallalaha has broken my spirit to chat with you all, in this thread. Not sure why she wants to debate, chuck venom or wants to judge me on the things that make me feel not OK - that is ok, I suppose - it is her thing maybe - but then again she is a Nurse, and knows better then me. Not somewhere I want to be anymore, too much negativity in this tread, that I thought safe.

It was not a Fake Worry about covid19 and her being a Nurse - I was concerned for her - she came to my thoughts and I logged into this site t see how she was doing. and then trala, I then read your shit on my post. True Story! You seem to have all the answers.I did and do care.So whatever.

Let the Judge be the Judge.

I never tried to devalue a person in employment, I blame the employer for not educating their staff - I mean a 5% discount, by asking a random - Really? Think that 5% would be better for the Company.

Anyway, I think I had something to share and I shared in a place I thought I felt comfortable to do so. I felt some form of discrimination, and that is why I posted. Seems that you can not even ask for support in an RUOK Thread anymore without judgement, so that is me - OUT!

Seems I was wrong in my head - according to trallallalaha - and I am so sorry your eye twitched tralalalalalalALLALALLLAAAA - maybe a bit more botox will help with that problem, I am sure my post did not make that happen.

So - That is it from me. Be pleased that you have made me disappeared from this forum. I am sure I am not the first.

Hope you will all be safe and I have enjoyed chatting with most of you xxxx

So, Bye Bye all - Stay Safe and remember it is OK to ask others if they are RUOK, or say you are not OK. Lets hope that no one will ever challenge another with negativity that I have had, and just be given positive support, with a kind words -

It is lucky that I am in a very good head space atm

Peace Out

Hooley Dooley - AKA JoyJoy - Deb xxxxx
I see you are hurt, and I’m genuinely sorry for that, but really this is just a difference of opinion.

I get as a woman someone mistaking you for being older can make you feel shit, but ultimately you feel no more shit than the person who has asked - once they realise their mistake.

You were mistaken for being 6 years older, I was once asked if I was my best friends mother! She is 5 years younger than me. I was in a jewellery store with her buying her a present for her 30th, the shop assistant realised her mistake and was red faced. It happens.

I took issue with the fact you wrote a complaint to her boss to get her in trouble. You then stated in a follow up post she was dirty. I felt that was mean and unnecessary. I also notice you have now switched this to be about trying to save the company money and not your initial post which was how you were discriminated against when the checkoutchick ruined your day because she thought you were 6 years older than you are.

Not that my opinion matters but I feel you are a kind person with a heart of gold, but when given the choice to reflect on your words or actions I feel you immediately choose drama, outrage and deflection (Tralalalalal; judgement; I blame the employer; Im OUT; tralalalalalalALLALALLLAAAA; COVID; you have the answers; Botox; you made me disappear) as I see here in your response.

The bottom line, I’m sorry my opinion has had this effect. My initial response was to give you perspective, but I see now you didn’t want perspective.

Last thing I will say is if you do in fact leave this forum, I hope you do it for you and not because my opinion differed to yours.

Love sent, Hooley. And again, I’m sorry I made you so mad.

Dear @joyjoyjoy ....hooley
So kind, I will never forget your kindness and support in a time of utter grief

Posters you need to know:
Joy is in WA, where my baby sister was fighting cancer, and joyjoyjoy made me the kindest of offers/support/just gentle sweet human connection

Amongst other things, she offered to collect fish dinners for us, deliver them to us, my sis loved seafood
Joyjoyjoy - offered to drive anywhere, do anything, and such kindness
I will never forget your goodness, you great big heart
Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to accept her offers, still warmed my heart in a time of such grief....isolated in a strange place

Don't let inappropriate trolls chase you away ignore option is excellent
If you do go, I wish you well:)

Just be kind. You have no idea what others are going through
Delcan we are all going though something, but let’s try and be resilient too.

It’s okay to share different opinions, and it’s ok to feel angry, outraged, or frustrated or hurt as a response. These are all normal human responses. Our emotions are ever changing, different perspectives can be a really good thing, even when they at first make you feel a negative response. And just because an opinion is shared that differs, as I did, doesn’t mean my opinion is right.

In this forum off season environment my views are usually in the minority. Look back, when I share a view the response is usually an attack on the fact I’m a nurse, I’m not respected, I should stop posting, I’m not liked, I post ‘shit”, you should put me on ignore, and I’m a troll, rather than having a discussion. Of course responses like these hurt my feelings, but hurt feelings doesn’t make me right, it makes me reflect and move on. Having the ability to cry the loudest doesn’t make me right.

Well HELLO There to my favorite Lovelies (you know who you are).

So it is R U OK DAY, Today so I thought It would be the time to come and say HI and ask the question and do hope you are all doing OK , well better than OK - like super fantastic :)

Me personally, I finally landed a Great Job - Part of my role is a Check Out Chick, which I really enjoy. I am working for a very big company and looking forward being there for years to come. My job has variety and I can use my gardening strengths to help others. Added bonus is I get great pay :)
Been weird times in this world and living day by day seems so fitting. My heart goes everyone and especially those living in Victoria, it must be so hard to be living the way you are forced to, by law. I feel so lucky in a way to be in WA and so protected, but in a way it has been very hard living so isolated from my family in Sydney. Mum turned 89 this year and I have not seen her for 9 years. I was planning a trip for her Birthday but that got shut down. I only hope that one day soon I can see her soon. She is living with family, and they have isolated her well. She is taken out for outings where it is not busy and in the outdoors, so she is doing ok :)

I have a new pet which lights up my life. It is a Weiro (Cockatiel) called Winnie. He is almost a year old. I have had him for about 7 months. He never shuts up!! Hello Winnie, Hello JoyJoy, Good Girl JoyJoy, Gentle Joy and repeated non stop! Oh and I also taught him to Whistle 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life' (now to teach him the words lol)

So, I hope you are all doing OK.

Love from Deb, Joy and Winnie xxxxxx

20200225174518(2).jpg .

20200221142121(1).jpg

What's happened? :(
She has a heart condition (not really bad, but she takes medication) and recently she has been more short of breath. We went to the vet and apparently she has/had some fluid in the lungs. She got an injection and some medication. She seems better but I was still worried last night. Tonight she is calmer so thats a relief.

I love this little dog.

Reactions: kxk
She has a heart condition (not really bad, but she takes medication) and recently she has been more short of breath. We went to the vet and apparently she has/had some fluid in the lungs. She got an injection and some medication. She seems better but I was still worried last night. Tonight she is calmer so thats a relief.

I love this little dog.
Awww bless. Hope she gets better soon.

Awww bless. Hope she gets better soon.
She is definitely HEAPS better. A friend who is a nurse told me exercise (gentle, not crazy intense) is often the best thing for fluid in the lungs. So we went for an easy hike. And she is definitely better. I had been quite lazy and not walking as much last week, not at all realizing it could affect my little dog so adversely. And then when she seemed stressed I absolutely would not have thought hiking to be a good idea at all, much less a remedy. Goodness me! I am just glad I know now. And that she is better.

She is definitely HEAPS better. A friend who is a nurse told me exercise (gentle, not crazy intense) is often the best thing for fluid in the lungs. So we went for an easy hike. And she is definitely better. I had been quite lazy and not walking as much last week, not at all realizing it could affect my little dog so adversely. And then when she seemed stressed I absolutely would not have thought hiking to be a good idea at all, much less a remedy. Goodness me! I am just glad I know now. And that she is better.
Ah, that's so good to hear.
My niece just told me of a nasty little episode she had with her dog, an English Bull Terrier, a black and tan one, not one of those white ones with pink eyes! If they are pink!
Apparently he had leaked from his bum, and didn't smell that great. Long story short they had to squeeze his anal gland! Sounds horrible! Apparently it happens to dogs. I have never heard that before - ever. I've always had cats, so wouldn't know. Maybe it does happen to dogs but no one mentions it! 😦

Yes...! Mine has hers squeezed every year or two. By the vet. It‘s just a dog thing. Their bums are super socially important to them apparently. And have intriguing scents that they expel via their anal glands (to inform all the other dogs). It‘s just how dogs work. But sometimes the glands get blocked and need a gentle massage/squeeze to clear them. And to us it smells VILE!!
Sometimes they try to do it themselves and you see them scoot along the ground on their bums.
Ok. Enough?

OMG that sound revolting

Glad to hear your doggie is better @Mooseface
We have a rottie I am now very fond of, makes me feel safe and he is sweet now
But I was so pissed off when a 14 year old managed to purchase a rottie puppy with a dickhead friend (over 18, hmm, why is he hanging out with a kid?)
Now doggie is family, but he is getting older and he seems to be losing weight. And he is being fed heaps more, and healthy, tasty brews.
He seems fine, but I worry his flanks are getting thin.

And now, I am not well
Last week almost ill enough to call an ambulance or locum
Then called doc,he prescribed lots of pain and nausea and sleeping meds
Son got meds
I had tests

So I had a kidney stone, it was AWFUL
Thankfully not large, and CT scan yesterday tells my GP it has passed through me now
Thank god
I was afraid of the passing through me bit, the horror stories,egad

OMG that sound revolting

Glad to hear your doggie is better @Mooseface
We have a rottie I am now very fond of, makes me feel safe and he is sweet now
But I was so pissed off when a 14 year old managed to purchase a rottie puppy with a dickhead friend (over 18, hmm, why is he hanging out with a kid?)
Now doggie is family, but he is getting older and he seems to be losing weight. And he is being fed heaps more, and healthy, tasty brews.
He seems fine, but I worry his flanks are getting thin.

And now, I am not well
Last week almost ill enough to call an ambulance or locum
Then called doc,he prescribed lots of pain and nausea and sleeping meds
Son got meds
I had tests

So I had a kidney stone, it was AWFUL
Thankfully not large, and CT scan yesterday tells my GP it has passed through me now
Thank god
I was afraid of the passing through me bit, the horror stories,egad
Goodness me! A kidney stone does not sound at all fun. Good to hear though that it should be ok now that it has gone through you 😳

Back