Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

Hi @Mr Stickyfingers I got my regular report from your daughter today. Congratulations on some great progress. I hear you are talking quite well now - knew we couldn’t keep you quiet for long. And I hope you weren’t being rude when you made a fist at your visitors!
Well done and keep it up. Prayers and blessings.

I am a firm believer in "slow and steady wins the race" Mr Sticky. You're getting there. Try to hang in there with your physio. You're tough. It will be worth it in the end. 👍

aww love sent Mr Sticky xxx be well xxx

Keep up the good work Mr. Sticky. You'll get there with perseverance, lovers and hope.
One of my favourite Cure songs for you ...

[MEDIA =youtube]OylJq6L-Wd0[/MEDIA]

...thankyou very much Lucas/joyjoyjoy(Hooleydooley) and February... much appreciated...my right arm is slowly beginning to respond now and I am starting to stand now but I am very wobbly at the moment... thankyou for your letters Fuzz and qtkt... they meant a lot to me... and wow... that letter of yours qtkt with everyone’s comments in it must have taken so much work on your part... thankyou... I loved it... you have been a rock for me... thanks very much... and Fuzz my friend... to receive a personal letter from you made me as happy as a demented lunatic on giggle gas... thankyou for taking the time to write it... thanks again to all of my friends that have wished me good tidings before now... they are all appreciated.. I’ll have to go now... I’m off to Physiology...until next time...cheers.

Glad to see you back again Mr Stickyfingers. So nice to see the love everyone here has for you, it warms my cold stone heart.

I've been offline for several days. Part of my computer conked out and I had to reinstall Windows etc, such a pain. But I'm "OK" :)

...hello all...today I stood up by myself for the first time in Physiology today... it was a tad bit wobbly but at least it was something... my right arm and hand are moving a bit better now... baby steps indeed... I’ll still be in a wheelchair for a few more months but at least but I will be able to transfer myself from my wheelchair to my bed and to the toilet at last... until next time... cheers.

...hello all...today I stood up by myself for the first time in Physiology today... it was a tad bit wobbly but at least it was something... my right arm and hand are moving a bit better now... baby steps indeed... I’ll still be in a wheelchair for a few more months but at least but I will be able to transfer myself from my wheelchair to my bed and to the toilet at last... until next time... cheers.
Nice work Sticky, hope things continue to improve for you!

as a Kiwi-born Australian I’m reeling tonight
sickened
horrified
disgusted
and so deeply saddened

I studied and lived in Christchurch before heading over to the land of Oz ... its a beautiful city still trying to rebuild after the devastating quakes

New Zealand is a very beautiful place ... scenically amazing ... the very last place you would imagine the evil tentacles of racist hatred and terrorism spreading

how fucking naive am I!?!?!

i’m angry

i’m sad ... so deeply deeply sad

i’m sick to the stomach knowing that video streaming that that evil prick put out there will be spreading round the world and sickos out there will be cheering him on ... so depraved ...

i want to kick something .. lash out and hit something ... scream ...

and i just want to curl up into a ball, pull the covers over me, have a cry ... and please God let me wake up and find today was nothing but a nightmare!!

so fucking naive ...

not ok ... not at all

as a Kiwi-born Australian I’m reeling tonight
sickened
horrified
disgusted
and so deeply saddened

I studied and lived in Christchurch before heading over to the land of Oz ... its a beautiful city still trying to rebuild after the devastating quakes

New Zealand is a very beautiful place ... scenically amazing ... the very last place you would imagine the evil tentacles of racist hatred and terrorism spreading

how fucking naive am I!?!?!

i’m angry

i’m sad ... so deeply deeply sad

i’m sick to the stomach knowing that video streaming that that evil prick put out there will be spreading round the world and sickos out there will be cheering him on ... so depraved ...

i want to kick something .. lash out and hit something ... scream ...

and i just want to curl up into a ball, pull the covers over me, have a cry ... and please God let me wake up and find today was nothing but a nightmare!!

so fucking naive ...

not ok ... not at all
If it is of any comfort the amount of kiwis on social media who are feeling like we do tonight means that NZ hasn't changed that much. It is not ok that this is happening in our country. Not ok at all.

Hugs to you and Timmy xx

I was in Christchurch less than 2 years ago and I saw a city slowly recovering from the Earthquake but with it's heart still destroyed. The overwhelming Kiwi hospitality met with devastation. Christchurch didn't deserve this and doesn't deserve to be known for this. It is so cruel.

THERE ARE NO WORDS......

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=9525dab603883cfe347d8ee2febd5620&oe=5D0D39BD

53788231_401282967114834_2506656833658159104_n.jpg

I went to get a kebab last night from a Middle Eastern restaurant around the corner, run by a family from Fallujah in Iraq. Was a sign on the front saying they were closed from Friday until the 20th. Not sure if the timing for them being closed was just coincidental though. I read the article above in the link recently so know a bit more about them now. Interesting the article (from 2015) notes there are only three Arabic familes in town, but there are significant Muslim enclaves in the northern suburbs, which I suppose isn't "in town". But there are mosques here and there. Anyway I just wanted to tell them I was sorry about what happened in NZ and give them a hug. Not sure if that's more for them, or for me tbh.

that’s a beautiful image isn’t it ... I went to Kassi’s fb page to check she is ok for it to be used as a fb profile pic (she is if you credit @kassiisaac for the work and don’t clip her sig off her work (no brainer really .. or it should be)

...such terrible news from New Zealand... my heart goes out to everyone it affects... there are some terrible people on this Planet Earth...

...just an update on how I’m going if I can be so selfish... yesterday I was able I to stand up by myself for a whole 1 minute and 50 seconds... I know that it doesn’t sound much but believe me... it was tough.. as they tell me.... baby steps and patience...

...I was able to dress myself for the first time today and do a transfer from my bed to my wheelchair by standing and twisting my body myself without a hoist for the first time today... my right hand and arm are responding a lot better too now... my speech is a lot better now and I can speak well enough to have conversations now but still sound like a Muppet on Helium at the moment...

...the Doctors are really happy with my progress and are thinking about keeping me in Rehabilitation and Physiology for a couple of more weeks due to my enthusiasm and such good progress.. I want to.go home but I’m better off staying for as long as I can they tell me... nothing much more to tell you all but I’m proud of myself for my efforts so far... my condolences yet again for everyone affected by the terrible news from New Zealand... until next time... cheers.

...such terrible news from New Zealand... my heart goes out to everyone it affects... there are some terrible people on this Planet Earth...

...just an update on how I’m going if I can be so selfish... yesterday I was able I to stand up by myself for a whole 1 minute and 50 seconds... I know that it doesn’t sound much but believe me... it was tough.. as they tell me.... baby steps and patience...

...I was able to dress myself for the first time today and do a transfer from my bed to my wheelchair by standing and twisting my body myself without a hoist for the first time today... my right hand and arm are responding a lot better too now... my speech is a lot better now and I can speak well enough to have conversations now but still sound like a Muppet on Helium at the moment...

...the Doctors are really happy with my progress and are thinking about keeping me in Rehabilitation and Physiology for a couple of more weeks due to my enthusiasm and such good progress.. I want to.go home but I’m better off staying for as long as I can they tell me... nothing much more to tell you all but I’m proud of myself for my efforts so far... my condolences yet again for everyone affected by the terrible news from New Zealand... until next time... cheers.

1553231310446.png

Mr S!!! Oh my gosh!! I'm So So glad to hear you stood up by yourself!! YOU go you!!!

Back