Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

Some not good news about @Mr Stickyfingers . He is currently in hospital following a stroke on Sunday morning. This was his third stroke. This time it has affected his right side (previous strokes affected his left). It has also affected his speech. He can communicate but it is slow and difficult for him. Rehab starts tomorrow.
His daughter has taken his laptop to him and he says to tell you he will be online as soon as he can. I imagine that he will be reading before he is able to respond although he is tapping out some stuff with his left hand.
His daughter also has said he is very emotional,so please keep that in mind with your comments.
I have put him on my church’s prayer list and of course in my personal prayers. Please add him to your own prayers or thoughts or whatever works for you.
And @Mr Stickyfingers - behave yourself, do as your told and I’ll be in touch soon. Love and blessings!!

Oh no. Thanks for letting us know qtkt.
This is terrible news, but knowing Mr Stickyfingers positive attitude and fighting spirit, if anyone can overcome this he can.
I'm not religious, but I'm making an exception and sending out a prayer tonight to whoever or whatever is listening. Get well soon mate, we need you.

Some not good news about @Mr Stickyfingers . He is currently in hospital following a stroke on Sunday morning. This was his third stroke. This time it has affected his right side (previous strokes affected his left). It has also affected his speech. He can communicate but it is slow and difficult for him. Rehab starts tomorrow.
His daughter has taken his laptop to him and he says to tell you he will be online as soon as he can. I imagine that he will be reading before he is able to respond although he is tapping out some stuff with his left hand.
His daughter also has said he is very emotional,so please keep that in mind with your comments.
I have put him on my church’s prayer list and of course in my personal prayers. Please add him to your own prayers or thoughts or whatever works for you.
And @Mr Stickyfingers - behave yourself, do as your told and I’ll be in touch soon. Love and blessings!!

Thank you so much for letting us know. Wishing him a speedy recovery. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts for a speedy recovery

Hang in there Mr S. You have our support, prayers, good thoughts and comments enough to hopefully bring a smile to your face. x

You are very much loved here @Mr Stickyfingers.

Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery. You are a very determined and strong guy. I know you can get through this and in no time you will be back playing with all of us here on the forums making us laugh or causing mischief. 😘🙂

Get well soon my friend. I hope you know you mean a lot to us all. X

Oh crap.........life can be so unfair

@Mr Stickyfingers You lovable darling soulful man.............you are due a LOT of good luck and good times.......and i will be praying hard for you to be ableto bear this and to recover quickly.
You are like family to posters, missing you badly

Take care xxx ooo kxk

Has anyone had PTSD????

I was diagnosed with PTSD about 2 years go, mostly under control/cured sort of now
But some shocks can send me reeling still

I am not suffering from it mostly anymore, just some side effects, just about any surprise still makes me jump
And people behaving like dicks.......I have to walk away

I am a fairly resilient person, but hell it can pop up and kick you in the guts unexpected still
I cover it up in general, I am a calm work person, people would not know I can be fragile...........I am like that duck, paddling like crazy beneath, deceptively floating serenely

I know someone with it. Disclaimer that I don’t know him all that well. He seems normally calm but sometimes suddenly seems to completely overreact to perceived ... insults? Things that do not seem that big a deal to me, but which he gets emotional (angry) about... that’s my take on it. I would have just thought he is a bit ‚nuts’, but I heard a while back from someone that he has PSTD. So I guess that could be part of it...

Reactions: kxk
Back