Skip to main content

Post Something Interesting

Being an introvert, I do find it easy to stay in my comfort zone. But it's pretty boring. Might be time to mix it up a bit again.

1660532080663.png

"When a mouse is in a bowl full of rice, it thinks life is fun and enjoyable because it has enough food.
So she will stay in that jar and enjoy it until the rice runs out.
One day the pot will be empty and she will see that she was trapped in it and can never get out of it.
As long as you have the strength, motivation and health to do it, you can fight for a better life and you can always take risks.
Do this instead of choosing comfort and staying in the illusional comfort zone.
When you take the risk of leaving your comfort zone, you discover a completely different, more interesting life."

- Author unknown

Being an introvert, I do find it easy to stay in my comfort zone. But it's pretty boring. Might be time to mix it up a bit again.

View attachment 59228

"When a mouse is in a bowl full of rice, it thinks life is fun and enjoyable because it has enough food.
So she will stay in that jar and enjoy it until the rice runs out.
One day the pot will be empty and she will see that she was trapped in it and can never get out of it.
As long as you have the strength, motivation and health to do it, you can fight for a better life and you can always take risks.
Do this instead of choosing comfort and staying in the illusional comfort zone.
When you take the risk of leaving your comfort zone, you discover a completely different, more interesting life."

- Author unknown
Very profound!
I like it.

Untitled-2.jpg

Sumerians Looked to the Heavens as They Invented the System of Time… And We Still Use it Today. One might find it curious that we divide the hours into 60 minutes and the days into 24 hours - why not a multiple of 10 or 12? Put quite simply, the answer is because the inventors of time did not operate on a decimal (base-10) or duodecimal (base-12) system but a sexagesimal (base-60) system. For the ancient Sumerian innovators who first divided the movements of the heavens into countable intervals, 60 was the perfect number. The number 60 can be divided by Arabic numerals 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, and 30 equal parts. Moreover, ancient astronomers believed there were 360 days in a year, a number which 60 fits neatly into six times. The Sumerian Empire did not last. However, for more than 5,000 years the world has remained committed to their delineation of time.

ETA: This is ex-FB. Someone in the comments takes issue with this theory/story, but it sounds good regardless.

Writing on the wall in the toilets (from a real estate listing):
People who loves themselves don't hurt other people. The more we hate [ourselves], the more we want others to suffer.

1662548516051.png

Back