Skip to main content

Post Something Interesting

Got a ring stuck on your finger you can't get off?

Uses for "shoe strings" you hadn't thought of (and yes, he actually says shoe string):

Ever wanted to lick your cat?

The LICKI Brush as so it’s called is made up of a number of silicone bristles that attach to a mouth guard like part of the device where you can bite down to hold onto the brush. To use it simply approach your cat with a giant rubber tongue in your mouth and ease into a slow licking movement on their back or head while they’re sleeping or in an otherwise pleasant mood. Since for cats it’s mutually beneficial to be licked, don’t be surprised if they start licking you back.

61rhwdvDXIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

licki-brush3.gif

My step dad had a VW Westfalia that sat in the driveway and hardly ever worked. It made for a cool chill out pad when I was in junior high. These older vans have so much character and I was curious about converting one of them and came across this series.

My step dad had a VW Westfalia that sat in the driveway and hardly ever worked. It made for a cool chill out pad when I was in junior high. These older vans have so much character and I was curious about converting one of them and came across this series.

Cool, you know they must have made a ton of these vans I still see quite a few of them on the roads around here to this day. I think they were made for many years like from 1960 to 1985 or something? A long production run for that iconic van. I saw this ad the other day on the internet and it seems VW are going to release a brand new electric van this year which I guess is a modern take on this classic van. Cheers! :)

Cool, you know they must have made a ton of these vans I still see quite a few of them on the roads around here to this day. I think they were made for many years like from 1960 to 1985 or something? A long production run for that iconic van. I saw this ad the other day on the internet and it seems VW are going to release a brand new electric van this year which I guess is a modern take on this classic van. Cheers! :)

I see them here in Canada as well. I’d love to own one at some point but I need to get a licence first 🤣. As for the new electric model if it’s anything like the gas powered version they’ve released I’m not a fan. I’ve watched a few reviews and they just aren’t the same as the older models.

I see them here in Canada as well. I’d love to own one at some point but I need to get a licence first 🤣. As for the new electric model if it’s anything like the gas powered version they’ve released I’m not a fan. I’ve watched a few reviews and they just aren’t the same as the older models.

Yes I hear ya mate sometimes there's nothing like the original that's for sure. Speaking of these old vans reminds of BBAU 2008 where poor old Nobbi was stuck in that combi for most of the show...lol. It seems BB here was also a fan of those old VW combi vans...lol :D

In the US and CANADA The Price is Right is an iconic part daytime TV… My favourite memories of the show are sick days from school or watching it while visiting my grandma who watched it every day. I don’t think it achieved that status in Australia and I must say that when I did catch it when I was there it had different rules and not as much atmosphere.

In the US and CANADA The Price is Right is an iconic part daytime TV… My favourite memories of the show are sick days from school or watching it while visiting my grandma who watched it every day. I don’t think it achieved that status in Australia and I must say that when I did catch it when I was there it had different rules and not as much atmosphere.
Yes and no. Out of interest, when did you catch it here? I know it had dried up a little in its later years, before it got canned.

I can’t really comment on the rules, they may have differed from the US format, but the Australian version went through many iterations - and networks - over the course of five decades. I’ve always considered it one of my favourite game shows growing up though.

The version that will always stick out to me most, and was crazily popular from what I recall, was the version during the ‘90s. I remember it being a staple of primetime viewing. Most of my family - from my mum to aunties, uncles, grandparents - attended tapings on multiple occasions. (Side-note, I’ve been told my grandmother even made it on as a contestant back in ‘80s.)

I’m not sure how the atmosphere compares but, to me, The Price Is Right has always been synonymous with wild, overly excited audience/contestants.

The main differences are there are two Showcases at the end of the show. Also the lack of a Showcase Showdown where the previous players from each segment spin a wheel to decide who moves on to the Showcase round from each group. In the Showcase round each player places a bid on the showcase rather than it being a guessing game. There is also no final pricing game. The player who bids the closest to the actual price of the showcase without going over wins their showcase.

As for atmosphere I believe the audience is much larger in the American version. It was also a big deal going on the show, some people would make special t-shirts etc. Also the set is a lot subdued. The lack of Bob Barker does feel a bit strange.

Back